Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 5,559,183
  • Total Topics: 106,348
  • Online Today: 719
  • Online Ever: 3,311
  • (July 08, 2021, 03:14:41 AM)
Users Online
Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 05:18:33 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Why don't you sing 'I need you baby'?

Started by Manford Thirty-Sixborough, June 01, 2004, 11:28:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
QuoteWhy don't you sing 'I need you baby'?
'Cause it rhymes with crazy and it rhymes with maybe
It rhymes with lady and much much more
And it doesn't rhyme with the 'f' word

Is it my imagination, or are lyrics getting crapper again? I seldom hear the radio, but when I do, I keep hearing twatty songs in which, despite never having heard them before, I know what's coming next.

Pop songs will always be twee and facile - that's a part of their appeal, but why do lyricists insist on continuing to use words which only rhyme with one other thing? You hear a line ending with 'self', and know immediately that the next one's going to be about a shelf.

It may just be that I've been sheltered from pop for a while, but it had seemed to me that lyrical abilities had improved, and it now seems that they have once more declined.

Utter Shit

I love those lyrics like a fat kid loves cake.

ClaudiusMaximus

Quote from: "Manford Thirty-Sixborough"why do lyricists insist on continuing to use words which only rhyme with one other thing? You hear a line ending with 'self', and know immediately that the next one's going to be about a shelf.

Or an elf.  Or health.  A healthy wealthy elf (on a shelf).

JJJJH

Or "a silly broken willy, mending hopefully pending".

Oh wait.

What would you rather?  Some numpty ryhming "I love you" with "Feeling blue"* or some overblown guitar warbler telling us to "Sing for absolutionvomitvomitvomit"?  Hard to work that one out, I feel.

* As I typed that, yer man from Supergrass sang "Feeling blue" on the wireless.