Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 12:42:25 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Blue Jam Competition CD

Started by Koosh Koosh!, May 24, 2011, 01:39:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Koosh Koosh!

Those of you who follow the cookdandbombd account on Twitter or Youtube will notice that Neil has been uploading material from this CD, suggesting that he's received it from one of the (very few) competition winners for high quality copying purposes.

So, I was just wondering whether this CD will see the light of day in FLAC (lossless audio) format on the internet, Neil... Will a Megaupload link eventually be provided?

Neil

Yes, I'll make it available in FLAC, too.  Mark Reed was kind enough to make those for me already.

Also, thakns to the PayPal donations, I was finally able to get a new, decent tape deck, so I'll be redoing all the tapes I have to capture, and I think there might possible be one or two GLR tapes that are yet to be done.  The whole 93 run will be getting redone from scratch, ditto the NKC shows I have, and hopefully the better equipment, and my added experience now, will mean these will come out sounding even better than before.

Koosh Koosh!

Great news all around, then! Cheers for the speedy response, Neil.

momatt

Which CD is this then?  I am intrigued.

mpreed

Glad to have been of service. Just sorry there weren't any track listings or details that came with it - but I think I sent you a scan of the card that came with it.

As for the background (and it was a few years ago so I'll probably get some of this wrong), when the Blue Jam CD was released, Warp ran a competition to win a 'Blue Jam Exclusives' CD. I think there were just 4 copies to win, so I entered without any hope as I never win anything, but the prospect of a BJ Exclusives CD was too much to resist.

A few weeks later, a small package arrived with a CDR marked 'Blue Jam Exclusives' which I played, loved and promptly forgot about.

Then a year or so later, I was perusing this site for new downloads, and just presumed they would have the BJ Exclusives CD on here, but instead there was an appeal for a copy and when I emailed to ask if Neil would be interested in a rip, my hand was duly bitten off, and the rest is history ....

Enjoy.

momatt

Cheers mpreed, how very intriguing.  Looking forward to hearing it.  :)

momatt

Alright chaps, was this CD ever shared in the end?  I'd love to hear it.
Please?

weekender

It's only been a bit over 2 years, have some patience.  These things take time.

Quote from: momatt on July 23, 2013, 10:51:42 PM
Alright chaps, was this CD ever shared in the end?  I'd love to hear it.
Please?

Think Neil uploaded these on the youTube page a while back. Think I've got them on my iPod and possibly an external hard-drive. I found a bunch of things from, I think the lovely, fantastic and brilliant DJ Solid Snail linked a file here and through that I noticed his Megaupload page had them all in a folder which I immediately grabbed.

Here's at least one.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NIhqQoByjGM

Give me ten minutes, I'll see if I can track down the rest of the stuff.

EDIT
Okay, so I'm still searching around for the megaupload link with all the rarities in there.

FURTHER EDIT

Okay, so I'm cleaning this post up now to post what I believe to be links to all of the CD.

I've got all these sets on my iPod, plus the live Blue Jam recorded at the Battersea Arts Centre. The quality of that one suggests, combined with the two threads I linked above, that those four tracks I've got up there are the only ones on the Exclusive CD.

Just checked my hard-drive and they ain't there. They're only on my iPod now. I'm sure Neil woulda put them up somewhere, but I'll take a quick squizz across the internet to find that final breezeblock set.

THIRD EDIT
Okay, so I can't find the second Breezeblock anywhere. I'm currently shifting my 80 gig of iTunes scrambled music off my iPod onto my PC, but once that's done, I'll upload all four plus the live recording to megaupload or rapidshare or some such nonsense.

FINAL EDIT

I don't have the bishopslips clip actually. And it's gonna take forever to get the live recording off my iPod.
Regardless, I've uploaded what I think is the Exclusive CD here with the exception of Bishopslips: http://www.mediafire.com/folder/c51ukjmdl8dah/Exclusives
If people really want that live one, just say and I'll make some time and get it done when I get a chance.

PS: How do I post URLS here as single words or sentences? Might make it a bit easier to link all these cleanly if I knew how to do that.

I'm cleaning this post up as I'm finding links to make it more accessible and legible. Apologies for the messiness. I'll make it all spick and span when I finish.

momatt

Excellent, thank you very much!

I think the broadcast Breezeblocks are still available on Neil's mediafire page (along with the other Chris Morris shows)
http://www.mediafire.com/?7nwws075tk5vj

mpreed

Reopening with glee a three year old dormant thread ...

As the aforementioned competition winner (who's been away from the forum for a while), I did send flacs in at the time, but could re-rip if required.

Always happy to help, unless it involves effort or cash.

Let me know.

Mark

EDIT: And I somehow missed the link above that shows the flacs are freely available on Mediafire. Please ignore me. I'll slink off for another three years now.

Spiral King

Quote from: mpreed on August 13, 2016, 02:57:46 PM
Reopening with glee a three year old dormant thread ...

As the aforementioned competition winner (who's been away from the forum for a while), I did send flacs in at the time, but could re-rip if required.

Always happy to help, unless it involves effort or cash.

Let me know.

Mark

EDIT: And I somehow missed the link above that shows the flacs are freely available on Mediafire. Please ignore me. I'll slink off for another three years now.

Honestly mate, I would love a lossless re-rip done with the latest version of Exact Audio Copy, with a very specific set of ripping instructions and an included log and cue file, but I understand if that's asking too much.