Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 09:07:35 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Eddie Vedder - Ukulele Songs

Started by alan nagsworth, May 28, 2011, 09:36:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

alan nagsworth

Yeah, right! The brilliantly commanding voice of Vedder and the lilting delicacy of the ukulele strings? Jog on, mate!

If that's what you're thinking, you're a damned fool! Also, he's been doing this sort of thing live for a bit now, so get with the times, pops.

This album is sheer delight. A couple of Pearl Jam numbers, a couple of Everly Brothers covers and a handful of original material that barely stretches past the confinements of one man and his uke, save for a cello here and there and a couple of guest spots. Vedder's voice has a lot of warmth and passion even when he's crooning old pop songs, but he never loses the gruff edge when it's necessary either, which might prove to be quite a wild and unhinged listening experience by most ukulele lovers' standards, perhaps? Who knows. Either way, I love it. It's beautiful in places, especially on 'More Than You Know' and on his cover of 'Sleepless Nights', both of which are embedded below.

04 More Than You Know - Eddie Vedder

12 Sleepess Nights - Eddie Vedder

Quite like some of this.  Not convinced it sustains a full album's enjoyment though. Have posted a full review here if anyone's interested.