Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 16, 2024, 09:14:07 PM

Login with username, password and session length

WIMBLEMONG 2011

Started by alan nagsworth, June 04, 2011, 09:27:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

alan nagsworth

Wimbledon's only half a month away! Who's in?! I'm in! Are you in? COME ON TIM.

Unhide the subforum! Batten down the arse flaps! Splice the main face! Swab the dicks!

Seriously though who's gonna get in on the ground floor of this thing? There have been some great contributions from new members in here of late, and it's high time we kicked this shitstorm up TOURNAMENT STYLEE!

I don't know what I'm talking about.

I'm in!

small_world

I'd like to be in. I'm on holiday from Monday for 10 days, incase anything is organised in that time.
Although if it's anything like that Jalopy disgrace, I'll be going on a massive rape of all the cunts who vote for other cunts what are worse than me.

Big Jack McBastard

I crave my annual punishment, I'm in.

Count me in. I was just getting the hang of it last time round.

gmoney

I'm in. I've got no better at monging though.

alan nagsworth

Something we need to consider this year is image sizes! Are we sticking to the classic dimensions of 600x400? Are we knocking it up a notch to 600x800?! Somewhere in between? BIGGER?! Discuss!

Queneau

I'm rubbish at Photoshop (so rubbish that I don't even own it, I use something else altogether) but could possibly enter. Are people judged by their monging skills? Take a look at my past work to see how much of a hack I am.

rudi

Yes they are, but it's more about the quality of the idea than just the pic itself (although some on here combine the two with wicked style). Enter, it's my favourite thread every year.

Neeeeeeeilio! Could you open the subforum so people can see previous threads pretty please?

Who are we lacking that def need to enter? Ziggy, Cerys, Cardinal Titstorm and so on; get PMing, nags, it's onnnnnnnn!

Kishi the Bad Lampshade

Are you the head co-ordinator this year then alan? *offers crown*

Also: PLAYTIME.

Cerys

Not this year, I'm afraid.  Far too ill :(

rudi

ed: that was supposed to be a PM!

baptist

I'll have a go.

Even though I'm using Potatoshop 7 and a laptop, with fingers like pigs' tits.

Kishi the Bad Lampshade

Quote from: Cerys on June 05, 2011, 03:18:22 PM
Not this year, I'm afraid.  Far too ill :(

Bah. It won't be the same without you. We'll need another actually competent female competitor to show our gender's monging chops. Not that I'm drawing this tournament along gender lines of course; I am a 'whore first and a woman second.[nb]Actually I think under UK law if you become a member of this forum your birth certificate is changed to officially designate your sex as male, just a male with female reproductive organs. Whether or not you're also registered as beardy I'm not sure[/nb]

Small Man Big Horse

Cerys

Quote from: Kishi the Bad Lampshade on June 05, 2011, 11:02:23 PM
Bah. It won't be the same without you. We'll need another actually competent female competitor to show our gender's monging chops.

Sorry.

QuoteNot that I'm drawing this tournament along gender lines of course; I am a 'whore first and a woman second.[nb]Actually I think under UK law if you become a member of this forum your birth certificate is changed to officially designate your sex as male, just a male with female reproductive organs. Whether or not you're also registered as beardy I'm not sure[/nb]

Kinky!

alan nagsworth

Quote from: Kishi the Bad Lampshade on June 05, 2011, 02:53:01 PM
Are you the head co-ordinator this year then alan? *offers crown*

Also: PLAYTIME.

To be honest I'm hardly on here at the best of times these days, and although I am extremely keen to participate, I don't think I can invest enough time to oversee the whole thing as well. Sorry! Is there anyone else who wants to take the reins?

glitch

Haven't done this in a long while, so count me in. I'll even be well behaved this time, promise!

Miles

Yes, I'll play, yes, I will yes.

alan nagsworth

Okay, so entrants so far:

DEFINITELY:
alan nagsworth
Big Jack McBastard
Mythical Wet Patch
gmoney
Kishi The Bad Lampshade
baptist
Small Man Big Horse
glitch
Miles

MAYBE:
small_world
Queneau

That's 9 confirmed so far, which is just over a quarter of the regular number of entrants (32), so I guess we'll just wait and let the rest shuffle in. I've got in touch with a few people on here via PM, but if anyone knows of any specific faces they'd like to see entering, badger them until you're blue in the face.

Already some decent talent on the list, so I'm looking forward to it a lot this year.

Also, if anyone wants to step in and oversee the whole thing... please do. If no one else opts in I guess I could give it a shot, maybe... :-/

Repentia

Is this like the jalopoly thing? Pissing about with images, yeah?

If so, signing up.

Big Jack McBastard

I wouldn't be adverse to bigger images this year, or maybe set a range of allowable image sizes which the server of each match gets to pick and choose from, whatever that size is would be the set one for the game.

Or perhaps changing the picture size for each round could work that way they're all on an equal footing.

no_offenc

Fine, fuck you nagsworth, you've cajoled me into SIGNING THE FUCK UP.

(hello)

Old Thrashbarg

I want to enter again, but I'll probably be out of action for a fair chunk of July. Which list do I join?

DocDaneeka

Im in like Flynn from Tron Legacy.

Viero_Berlotti

Go on then, count me in. I've got a 4 month old daughter now though, so finding the time might be a issue for me. I'll just post something crap and last minute if I don't have the time though.

Lyndon

I owe it to CaB and G.O.D to play. Time might be an issue, especially weekends, as I'm running a pub for a few weeks, but I'll meet deadlines or forfeit. Should be able to find enough time though.

actwithoutwords

Vitalstatistix

I'm in, but don't get mad if I have to flop it I'm currently running a pu- I mean, I'm shit.

Koant

micanio

After last year, when I had to withdraw from the competition, I feel morally obliged to enter this years one.

I'm in.