Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 26, 2024, 11:04:35 AM

Login with username, password and session length

WIMBLEMONG 2011

Started by alan nagsworth, June 04, 2011, 09:27:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

alan nagsworth

Hooray! It's taking shape very nicely now, I must say!

DEFINITELY:
alan nagsworth
Big Jack McBastard
Mythical Wet Patch
gmoney
Kishi The Bad Lampshade
baptist
Small Man Big Horse
glitch
Miles
Repentia
DocDaneeka
Viero_Berlotti
actwithoutwords
Lyndon
Vitalstatistix
Koant
micanio

MAYBE:
small_world
Queneau
Old Thrashbarg
Cardinal Titstorm

17 confirmed! That's over half the required amount! Come on people! :)

Also myself and Kishi will be co-running it this year so don't think you can take the piss like last year; there's a man overseeing this one as well now, and I won't be here to give you a cuddle when your software crashes or you can't go on because your dad just died or whatever. I'll be in the pub, eating rancid nuts and missing deadline reminders while madam keeps this place looking nice and tidy, but if I get home and see this shit in disarray - fighting for your right to submit an animated .gif or asking for an extra 20 minutes to finish your shot - you'll get a good fucking lashing with my leather trouser fastener. So WISE UP.

An tSaoi

Quote from: alan nagsworth on June 07, 2011, 11:19:49 PM
fighting for your right to submit an animated .gif

Youse just couldn't let it go...

alan nagsworth

You're lucky you're not playing this year, Mary Antsaoinette! You'd be the first to feel my boot up your scaly hide!

AsparagusTrevor

Put me down for a strong 'maybe' at the moment.

biniput

If you need me to make up numbers I wil do it. I have shite software though and I never get past the 1st round.

Sign me up for another completely unjust first round exit, cheers.

ElTopo

Count me in for a fully justified first round exit.

ElTopo

EDIT - I can't even post properly, never mind do a mong

alan nagsworth

Okay we have 21 so far, but we still need another 11 if we want this to be an easily-coordinated 32-man tournament. Can you even work it any other way, aside from having multiples of 8? Even then, it needs to double every time, doesn't it? So, spread the word and if you can think of anyone we've missed, please get in touch with them! If you're worried your skills aren't up to scratch but you think of yourself as quite an amusing fellow, take part anyway! We've had MS Paint contributions in the past, from the out-and-out shamelessness of weekender to the singular wild card shots from dudes like Clone Army so don't be ashamed, sometimes the shabbiness is a massive boon to the sense of humour involved and can be a testament to the lengths you are willing to traverse in order to take part.

COME ON, IT'S FUCKEN FUN.

AsparagusTrevor

Sod it, put me down for a 'yes'

alan nagsworth

YES LADS.

Get PMing if you want to see this shit happen, please! Recruitment recruitment recruitment!

Crabwalk

Like a knight on a horse, wielding a crudely photoshopped penis in his hand rather than a sword, here I come to swell the ranks by an impressive one.

I'm about to lose my Wimblemong virginity. Come all ye souls and smash my hymen with your alpha layers.

Fry

Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

FRY IN THE HOUSE!

I was just about to post FUCK YEAH FRY MAN before I saw what you'd posted.

FUCK YEAH FRY MAN.

Now this party has started. Tell you what...I'm fucking in as well.

alan nagsworth

26! FUCKING YEAH LADS

Okay, we only need another six, that's more like it!

Who else can we think of from last year that hasn't stuck their dick in the mashed potato yet? Start racking your brains for your favourite mongers so I can get on with the thankless task of PMing the cunts. I don't know what ziggy is doing, An tSaoi's stepped down and Cardinal Titstorm, the cheeky little recluse, is off on holiday (cuh, it's alright for some) and wouldn't be able to compete until mid-July, should the tournament start be delayed that far. trench and the formidable Lookalike Mark Chapman have also ducked out.

I've just sent out a PM to alcoholic messiah, Zero Gravitas and wasp_fi5ting (the same PM I'd previously sent to ten others, of which about half have confirmed), so if anyone can think of someone they think should compete, please let me know and I'll get on the blower to them, as well.

Do NOT suggest the following people, as they have already confirmed, ya dingus:
alan nagsworth
Big Jack McBastard
Mythical Wet Patch
gmoney
Kishi The Bad Lampshade
baptist
Small Man Big Horse
glitch
Miles
Repentia
DocDaneeka
Viero_Berlotti
actwithoutwords
Lyndon
Vitalstatistix
Koant
micanio
The Region Legion
ElTopo
Delete Delete Delete
AsparagusTrevor
copylight
Crabwalk
Fry
The Boston Crab

Feel free to bully the following people into thinking their lives will be worthless and they will never get married or have children unless they compete:
biniput
small_world
Queneau
Old Thrashbarg

What a fucking sexy-ass line-up we have this year, I must say!

rudi

No Ziggy? What in the PC World??!?

Famous Mortimer

I'm on here all the fucking time so would be happy to organise things, if no-one else has volunteered yet (I can't take part, I can't mong worth shit).

EDIT: *notices page 2 of thread* Never mind.

Kishi the Bad Lampshade

Honeybun, don't be afraid to have a go. Amateurism is the word (as well as honour).

alan nagsworth

Yah srsly if you wanna do it then be our guest. I'm still worried I won't have the time to even co-ref it, let alone ref it!

Famous Mortimer

Anyway, if you want me to do it, I've got a small hat I can put names in, and many scraps of paper to put names on. And I could even do a seeding system, based on last year's results? Let me know if my services are required, if you don't have time to do it.

Jemble Fred

Am happy to be a stand-in again this year if needed. Real artists only ever compete by invitation, and by default.

alan nagsworth

Quote from: Jemble Fred on June 14, 2011, 02:47:49 PM
Am happy to be a stand-in again this year if needed. Real artists only ever compete by invitation, and by default.

Stop being modest and compete! Your Last Action Hero shot from last year was a corker, you're obviously very good so stop being a mimsy.

There, is that a good enough invitation?

Mr_Simnock

Is it too late for me to join in? if not count me as a starter.

eluc55

EDIT: NO ONE SAW ME, ROIGHT.

Eff off, Kelv, you're in, mate.

eluc55

Heh, tbh, I'd really like to, but the stuff on this computer is so naff it would be little stick men. No point taking a decent person spot.

Well, I'll be using Gimp and a laptop touch pad (like last year) as I don't have a mouse. You can't suck harder than me.