Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 12:27:58 PM

Login with username, password and session length

WIMBLEMONG 2011

Started by alan nagsworth, June 04, 2011, 09:27:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jemble Fred

Thank you, Mr Nags. But the thing is my stress meter for the forthcoming weeks is going to be a bit erratic, so...

Ah fuck, FAKE EDIT I may as well throw in my welly. Is that the phrase? I'll have a go if it's still open.

alan nagsworth

Quote from: Mr_Simnock on June 14, 2011, 08:34:24 PM
Is it too late for me to join in? if not count me as a starter.

You're in, #28.

Quote from: eluc55 on June 14, 2011, 08:41:01 PM
EDIT: NO ONE SAW ME, ROIGHT.

Oi!

This might be a good time to remind you that in 2008, Weekender got through to the 4th round with, IIRC, slapping stuff together in MS Paint. You're a funny fucker, Kelvin, and that's why you should take part. Have you ever read the edited comic strips on Goaste? Some of those look terrible but therein lies the humour. Also, check out this shot from Clone Army in 2009 if you want sheer audacity. Come on, man, stick yer oar in!

Quote from: Jemble Fred on June 14, 2011, 09:24:21 PM
Thank you, Mr Nags. But the thing is my stress meter for the forthcoming weeks is going to be a bit erratic, so...

Ah fuck, FAKE EDIT I may as well throw in my welly. Is that the phrase? I'll have a go if it's still open.

That's the spunk! Glad to hear it, Jemb. You are #29.

THREE SPACES REMAIN, DAWGS.

alan nagsworth

For all future Wimblemong-related stuff please direct your gaze to the re-opened Wimblemong 2011 subforum on the main board index, and if you wish to sign up or ask any questions, or just take a peek at this year's rules, please see the following thread:

Wimblemong 2011 - Sign-up/Draws/Rules... the LOT

Thanks! :)

Big Jack McBastard

The draw shall be on the radio very shortly.

small_world

I just heard me v Repentia (apologies if I've spelt that wrong.)...

small_world

Right... I was going to start a thread in the Wimblemong sub-forum, but I'm not sure of the protocol. It all looks so neat with only round threads in there.
What I was after though was, that Guide to Monging. I'm sure it exists. I'm using Gimp, but I'm just looking for some tips to make my final Mongs look a bit more decent. A bit more 'together'.

Also, some great stuff so far. I've only ever observed Wimblemong, but I've always enjoyed it greatly.

Repentia

How about a mong questions and answers thread? So I'd ask something like "how do I fix the angle of light in a mong with cutouts using multiple light sources?" and hopefully someone comes along with an answer? Would that be useful?

Koant

I don't know where the former thread is, but I agree: a new dedicated thread would be welcome.

ziggy starbucks

Quote from: Repentia on June 22, 2011, 02:02:31 PM
How about a mong questions and answers thread? So I'd ask something like "how do I fix the angle of light in a mong with cutouts using multiple light sources?" and hopefully someone comes along with an answer? Would that be useful?

there's probably a really simple way of doing it in photoshop but I do it manually. Open a new layer over the top of your cutout image, set the layer on soft light and use a paintbrush to change the shadowing/light on your cutout image. Use the colour white to make the dark bits brighter, and use black to make the light bits darker. The layer can be fine tuned by changing the layer's transparency or by using the eraser tool with lower opacity.

That makes zero sense written down, sorry. Its probably easier if I come round to your house and show you.

Repentia

I'm in until about 4pm and then I have to go to ASDA. I've got to do a thing for the radio tonight, but maybe Friday?

Repentia

Aha! I get it. I'm shortcutting with an invert layer, and overpainting with a light tone sample from the original, and yes indeed, I can feel the future hours of obsessive tone matching to produce a subtle visual tweak that will go completely unnoticed by 99% of potential viewers already slipping away. Prior to this, I've bluffed it with a multiply layer with aggressive contrast and brightness to "flatten" individual cutouts, but this way is so much better and targetted.

Thank you. You can still come over Friday if you like? They've got a new, open-top, rotary filter bed at the sewage works. Shit's awesome!