Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 02:36:29 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Welcome to the family George Foreman

Started by sexual harrisment, February 08, 2004, 08:31:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
We've recently purchased a Big George Foreman grill, and I have to say it's the best thing I've bought for a long time.  I was used to eating frozen rubbish, but now am eating fresh meat instead.  

It's like a mother's meeting at work nowadays, with all of us enthusing over George, getting excited about what we're going to cook on our days off.  Most of us have only really tried bacon, sausages and burgers on it so I wondered if any of you lot had experienced the delights of cooking with good old George, and if so what can you recommend?

The most exotic meal I've done so far is Morrisons' chilli and pepper turkey steaks, and they were gorgeous.  What can I move onto next?

Kingboy_D

Well, meat in a tasty marrinade is always good. A basic recipie:

Egg White
Lemon Juice
Cornflower
Vegetable Oil
Herbs & spices of choice, you can also cheat by using stuff like Allspice, five spice powder or sachets of fajita seasoning. You could also mix in tomato puree/curry paste depending on cusine.
Salt & Pepper
Bicarbonate of Soda (the secret ingredient, breaks down the structure of the meat and makes it tender)

Mix through the raw meat until fully covered & gooey, leave in fridge for at least half an hour, or overnight for full effect. Grill on Mr Foreman until thoroughly cooked.

blue jammer

Heh, good old George ;)

I kept getting it muddled up, and calling it a different George...

*quick, sly, repost*

Has anyone done any tasty veg on it yet?

Thinking on the lines of a stuffed pepper, with cheese and spices or owt?

Cheese Arse H Christ

Is he leaning on a lamb roast at the corner of the street?

TraceyQ

fanny splendid

Did any of you see the Anthony Worrel Thompson boxing toater in in Viz last month?
It were right funny.

Doctor Stamen

I bought my dad one for Xmas, and i've been using it more than he has.  The amount of fat that drips out when you grill steak and burgers is crazy.  They're excellent for doing cheese and ham toasties on first thing in the morning.  Mmm, I might go and do one now actually...

Bill Oddie

I seem to remember hearing somewhere that Foreman has about 17 kids all called George.

It's good to know that people can come through a long boxing career and remain fully compos mentis.

Frinky

We've got the normal one, plus the huge fuck-off outdoor BBQ style one, which is crazy excellent - you can cook massive amounts of meat (really... huge) really rather nicely without any of the messy shit that comes from having a BBQ. You can do a lot more food on it too, which makes life a little easier. Loadsafun!

Qatar-wol

I've got the British version - the 'Rosemary Connelly' grill.  Cooks beautifully, but not as good in a scrap.  And it's great.  Try kebabs - proper lamb or chicken shish-kebabs  - fantastic.

And of course, there's tuna steaks.  Just make sure that you give the grill a good scrub afterwards, or you'll end up with fishy-smelling saussages....

Benny J. Fish

Quote from: "Bill Oddie"I seem to remember hearing somewhere that Foreman has about 17 kids all called George.

It's good to know that people can come through a long boxing career and remain fully compos mentis.

I think it's 6 sons called George, and several daughters including a Georgette and a Georgina. There was an interview in the Independent a month back.

Just searched, the articles unavailable. But it's 5 sons

Cheese Arse H Christ

Apparently Frank Bruno is in two minds as to whether he should release a UK version

Doctor Stamen

Quote from: "Bill Oddie"I seem to remember hearing somewhere that Foreman has about 17 kids all called George.

It's not just boxers though.  Ex-Liverpool and England footballer Emlyn Hughes (who's just been diagnosed with cancer sadly) has a son and daughter named Emlyn Jr. and Emma-Lynn.

terminallyrelaxed

Quote from: "Cheese Arse H Christ"Is he leaning on a lamb roast at the corner of the street?
Quote from: "TraceyQ"Get. Out.

Best. Cackle. All. Year.

Rats

Sorry, I couldn't resist the urge to wheel this out again

Advertisement

The George Formann lean mean hair reducing shaving machine "buy it, it's good"

The George Formann lean mean head warming hat machine "There are worse hats on the market"

The George Formann lean mean bread toasting toaster machine "it's not just a toaster ... alright then, so maybe it is, but George Formann's on the box and that's gotta be a boon for the toast munching boxing fan.
Not only is this thing lean, mean and a machine but it's also one hellofa bread toasting toaster machine lean! Lean. Wait, wait, ... just hold it there one god-damned bread-toasting minute ... This cold-hearted leather jacket wearing motherfucker's just you're run of the mill rootin tootin cunt bighting toasting toaster machine right? Wrong! It's THE, >>TTTHHHEEE<< George Forman lean mean bread kicking gun-toting bastard toasting toaster spanner mangling toaster victory smash meat-rip toast machine, or your money back! Free shades and studded leather gun-belt, photograph of ferrari and copy of `I AM A MAN monthly` Toaster comes in four colours, gunpowder-black, muscle-red and woman-shagging yellow, (testosterone-periwinkle out of stock)"

The George Formann lean mean brown spicey sauce machine "for use with the George Formann lean mean lean back bacon sandwich machine, it's a knock-out ... a knockout sandwich"

The George Formann lean mean twig in a box right now machine "it's a twig ... in a box! Right now!!! Free vinegar while stocks last"

The George Formann lean mean lemur in a washing machine machine "it's a lemur, it's in a washing machine and it's fucking beautiful baby"

The George Formann lean mean George Formann leaning machine "George Formann leaning as you've never seen him leaning before, and what's more, it's advertised by George Formann! Get this, the cunt's even leaning in his picture on the front of the box, can you believe that? If it's not worth coming home for then I don't know what is. Winner of the `Best George Formann leaning product with George Formann leaning in the picture on the front of the box 2002` award in `George Formann leaning products with George Formann leaning in the picture on the front of the box`magazine weekly (not available in any newsagents anywhere, ever, at all, ever? not likely, no chance. Newsagents in, available not. Newsagents or otherwise? Available? Me say no. Le magasin, il n'est pas disponible, dans les newsagents, des brothels, reseraunts végétarien ou en effet Leicester)"

and so on and so forth

imitationleather

My mum's buying one of these tomorrow (giro day!). Ohh yes, I can't wait...

And by one of these, I'm referring to a George Foreman grill, not any of these other products that have been mentioned.