Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 18, 2024, 10:10:51 AM

Login with username, password and session length

What was that game?

Started by Big Jack McBastard, June 11, 2011, 01:13:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

madhair60

MojoJojo

Quote from: babyshambler on June 20, 2011, 12:01:34 AM
This one is most likely a long, long shot. It may even have been a demo, free on the front of a magazine, I'm not sure.

I remember playing a game with a friend on his Amiga that was split screen and involved you both running around a little maze type environment from a top-down angle trying to shoot each other with little bouncing bullets. They'd even bounce off the walls and if you were hit you're character would emit a little 'bleh!' type sound before dying. Man, if there was an emulator of that one I'd be loving it.

Sounds like Extreme Violence http://www.lemonamiga.com/reviews/view.php?id=225
It was ace, despite the rubbish graphics.

Big Jack - I remember looking at screenshot of a game that sounded like that, but never played it. Can't remember anything else about it either.

madhair60

mcbpete

This one is most likely a long, long shot. It may even have been a demo, free on the front of a magazine, I'm not sure.

I remember playing a game with a friend on his Amiga that was split screen and involved you both running around a little maze type environment from a top-down angle trying to shoot each other with little bouncing bullets. They'd even bounce off the walls and if you were hit you're character would emit a little 'bleh!' type sound before dying. Man, if there was an emulator of that one I'd be loving it.
That'd be Extreme Violence my dear ! - http://amr.abime.net/issue_24_coverdisks

babyshambler

Quote from: MojoJojo on June 20, 2011, 09:42:42 AM
Sounds like Extreme Violence

Quote from: mcbpete on June 20, 2011, 11:06:54 AM
That'd be Extreme Violence my dear !

Yes! !!  Thank you both verrrry much.

Edit: I found a page on the game authored by its creator:

http://www.reocities.com/simesgreen/ev/index.html

Cerys

Dammit, that is so familiar!

Edit - extra page recognition fail.  Nothing to see here; move along.

Big Jack McBastard

thugler

Anyone remember a game, probably on pc or Amiga, it was track and fieldish minigames, but in a circus or something.

Fiendish Freddy's Big Top O' Fun or something.