Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 24, 2024, 02:12:35 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Seth Putnam RIP

Started by alan nagsworth, June 12, 2011, 08:19:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

alan nagsworth

Quote from: Kim Kelly, Catharsis PRYes, it's true. Seth Putnam, one of the most infamous musicians that extreme metal has ever seen, the grindcore GG Allin, has passed away due to a heart attack.
I handled all the promotion for Anal Cunt's last album, Fuckin' A, and Seth was always happy to oblige any request I sent his way. The band had been working on a new album before his passing, so chances are his musical career's epitaph has yet to be inscribed.
I want to remind everyone that no matter how outrageous and controversial his musical career has been, Seth was still a human being with friends and family that loved him. I'm hoping that the internet will remember that. This is a very sad and trying time for those that knew him, and the last thing they need to see is an outpouring of messageboard hate. The man lived and died by his own rules; if anything, respect him for that.

Genuinely sad news. I can't help but feel sorrow at the loss of such a true hero of grindcore and comedy music, at the tender age of 43, and the above statement is dead on the mark. It's nothing except tragic and saddening. I remember first discovering Anal Cunt when I was about 15 and I still find their music as provocative, annoying and hilarious now as I did back then. They were a true testament to keeping the tongue firmly in the cheek and going out of your way to be as offensive as you possibly can. He nailed it, he was a true champion.

May he rest in fucking peace. :(

alan nagsworth

Anal Cunt - Hitler Was A Sensitive Man

Thought I'd pay my respects with a personal favourite.

IF HITLER WERE ALIVE TODAY, HE'D LISTEN TO THE SMITHS AND DEPECHE MODE

danyulx

Sad news. Definitely one of the funniest and worst songwriters of all time. And I'm sure he was a big softie underneath it all, check out The Kitten Action here -

Seth Putnam: 2010 Interview 2/2 ANAL CUNT

That said, give it a few weeks.. could very well be a "prank".

alan nagsworth

Thanks for bringing that to my attention, what a great video! I love how his attitude to the whole scene is really just fed up and complacently grumpy, and I also love his flagrant use of the word 'gay' to describe something that sucks. What a hero.

thugler

Always enjoyed their stupid little songs. Backup screams on pantera's great southern trendkill were ace as well

PaulTMA

Anal Cunt could entertain without needing to bother with listening to the music.  A quick glance at their song titles and lyrics may be all you really need.  Titling a song 'Conor Clapton Committed Suicide Because His Dad Sucks' may be the single most offensive name for a composition imaginable, but no one else could have invented it.

And as for lyrics, who can top:

I SAW YOU RIDING DOWN THE STREET ON YOUR ROLLERBLADES
DRINKING A FRAPPOCINO, YOU'RE TOTALLY FUCKING GAY
YOU GOT A KORN SHIRT, AND TRIBAL TATTOOS
YOU ROLLERBLADING FAGGOT, I FUCKING HATE YOU

I saw a guy rollerblading in Barcelona a couple of weeks ago and collapsed into hysterics, thanks to Anal Cunt for tainting them for life.  They deserve it.

Oh and RIP, didn't know he was ill, wasn't a big fan etc.

danyulx

There was a quite "revealing" quote in a recent interview with him, probably his final, where he blatantly revealed he was not half the raging homophobe and anti-semite (at least) as his lyrics suggested (as opposed to all previous interviews I've read with him). Though of course taking anything his lyrics suggested at all seriously would be just stupid. He was a brilliant comic talent in my eyes.. in the same ballpark as Sadowitz.

QuoteWas it true that you performed recently in a gay bar?

My friend's band Nasty Disaster played this gay bar. They are a heavy metal band. Their guitarist used to be in A.C. We played Twisted Sister's "You Can't Stop Rock and Roll." I've been to gay bars many times and it's no big deal. It was just a show and it didn't mean anything to me. I've been going to gay bars since the 80s. I don't care.

So none of these friends take umbrage when they hear any of your songs?

Well, I recently went to a Gay Pride parade with my friend Gay Keith. We've called him Gay Keith for so many years that he goes by it now. It's his name on MySpace. We did a European tour called "All Our Fans Are Gay," and had "I'm Gay" printed on shirts in big letters. Keith is gay and half-Jewish and I don't give a fuck. He's a good friend and I don't care. So many people say I'm anti-this and anti-that. They read my lyrics and assume they know everything about me.

Edible

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Seth_Putnam#Death

QuoteOn June 11, 2011, Putnam died of meathook sodomy at the age of 43.[1]

Just found out Seth croaked it. I found out through youtube comments, of all things.

Anal Cunt had some ridiculously funny song titles. One of my favouries is "BEING A COBBLER IS DUMB".

My 'favourite' album was Picnic Of Love, which was a clever turnaround of the boundary-breaking offensiveness of his previous (and later) screamfests.

danyulx

Let's not forget any of his seemingly 100s of side projects either, especially - best of all - IMPALED NORTHERN MOONFOREST. Seth's very particular take on "the Black Metal genre".

A selection of song titles taken from their one and only release -

* Bloodlustfully Praising Satan's Unholy Almightiness In The Woods At Midnight

* Awaiting The Blasphemous Abomination Of The Necroyeti While Sailing On The Northernmost Fjord Of Xzfgiiizmtsath

* Awaiting The Frozen Blasphemy Of The Necroyeti's Lusting Necrobation Upon The Altar Of Voxrfszzzisnzf

* Forlorned Invocations Of Blasphemous Congregations Of Lusting Goat Sodomizing Sathanis

* Gazing At The Blasphemous Moon While Perched Atop A Very Very Very Very Very Very Very Forsaken Crest Of The Northern Mountain

* Grim And Frostbitten Gay Bar