Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 04:20:06 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Wimblemong 2011 - Sign-up/Draws/Rules... the LOT

Started by alan nagsworth, June 15, 2011, 11:41:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mr_Simnock

So can I start my round two match with gmoney whenever then (well as soon as possible would be better)? and if so am I to serve?

actwithoutwords

Quote from: Mr_Simnock on July 03, 2011, 11:56:31 AM
So can I start my round two match with gmoney whenever then (well as soon as possible would be better)? and if so am I to serve?

Yes and yes.

Famous Mortimer

Okay, servers for round 2 have been PM'ed. Let the monging continue!

Fry

I am sorry, but my current computer problems and unavoidably transient life at the moment means it is gonna be too difficult for me to continue. Is there a way we can get a replacement for me for my next serve? Any of the reserves or koant? Sorry again.

Famous Mortimer

I think if Koant wants to continue, he can; if not, I'll call up one of the reserves.

actwithoutwords

I think several people lost by one vote in the first round, so fairest would be who among them got the highest number of votes?

Famous Mortimer

Koant (who lost to Fry) can't do it, sadly, and I've now asked the first reserve, buntyman. If he can't do it, then Cohaagen, then I'll ask the losing first-rounder with the most votes. Hopefully this should be resolved by the end of the day.

ziggy starbucks

were any of the highest losers willing to take part in round 2, FM?

Cohaagen

I'm still willing to take a crack if buntyman isn't able to stand in, as long as I'm not stepping on anyone's toes or jumping the queue.

actwithoutwords

I think usual procedure is for the narrowest/highest scoring loser from the previous round to get a chance if someone pulls out from Round 2 onwards. But maybe there should be room for debate on that if there's a queue of people pressing their noses against the window.

Famous Mortimer

Quote from: actwithoutwords on July 07, 2011, 12:10:10 AM
I think usual procedure
I've had a quick gander through some old threads, and while I can't find any evidence of it, I'll take your word for it. Highest scoring was, by several votes, small_world, followed by Big Jack McBastard. PMs being fired off!

buntyman, if you read this, can you post in this thread? If you've already started, then fair enough, but otherwise I guess previous procedure dictates small_world ought to get the shot. A whole day without a reply...why isn't everyone as big a CaB obsessive as me?

Famous Mortimer

Okay, the closest loser small_world has said he doesn't have the time, but he nominated another verbwhore to take his place, who would be willing to do so. But, mystery replacement verbwhore has said he'd rather one of the higher-scoring first round guys be allowed the shot first. So, Big Jack McBastard, looks like it's over to you! Would you prepared to replace Fry, and let me know by 6pm tonight?

If no other takers by 6, I'll let small_world's preferred choice have a go.

glitch

I fucked up my thread title (PMed Neil to fix it) so ugh, glitch vs. Ziggy Starbucks is actually round 2.

Big Jack McBastard

Back in the game, awww yeah.

I've not kept boned up on news since I was given my thrashing, who's wielding the whip this time?

Famous Mortimer

You're serving, against...Viero_Berlotti. Cheers for this Big Jack, and good luck!

Big Jack McBastard

small_world

Quote from: Famous Mortimer on July 07, 2011, 01:18:39 PM
Okay, the closest loser small_world has said he doesn't have the time, but he nominated another verbwhore to take his place, who would be willing to do so. But, mystery replacement verbwhore has said he'd rather one of the higher-scoring first round guys be allowed the shot first.

We're all too nice, aren't we.

I also loved Jack's round[nb]especially[nb]But especially bart[/nb]that beautiful first one.[/nb], so I'm chuffed with this, should be a great round.

Famous Mortimer

I'm glad all that got sorted out, and we get the full array of matches in the second round. I also thought Jack was excellent and will no doubt bring some top-quality monging to the table. But then he's got a hell of an opponent...

YAY WIMBLEMONG

Famous Mortimer

ziggy starbucks

just give Viero_Berlotti a bye into the next round

Famous Mortimer

He's PMed me and said it'll hopefully be done tonight. I think if there's nothing by, say, lunchtime tomorrow then I'll have to give viero a bye...I appreciate that when one of the matches is already done and one hasn't even started, it gets a bit out of whack. So hopefully this will be the last problem.

Big Jack McBastard

Not to fret chaps I'm on the case, spent most of the last 2 days in a haze of attempting to sleep and failing while being utterly useless.

Should be done tonight.

Famous Mortimer

I feel bad for being hassle-boy...but I am looking forward to more mongs.

AsparagusTrevor

I risked possible stern looks and/or loud throat clearings directed my way by doing my last shot at work on Friday, because I knew I wouldn't get time over the weekend. I get extra points for that, yeah?

Big Jack McBastard

Quote from: Famous Mortimer on July 10, 2011, 06:29:20 PM
I feel bad for being hassle-boy...

Nah we need it now and then, a swift ass kick is preferable to letting shit slide.

Famous Mortimer

Looks like Mr_Simnock's dropped out too. Hopefully this isn't an unusual amount of dropouts for a Wimblemong tournament?

I guess Gmoney gets a bye, but if anyone fancies just doing Simnock's last mong, I think it would be nice.

alan nagsworth

Quote from: Famous Mortimer on July 12, 2011, 06:32:51 PM
Hopefully this isn't an unusual amount of dropouts for a Wimblemong tournament?

It's that fucking monkey's paw you bought. I told you that would bring bad tidings!

gmoney

Quote from: Famous Mortimer on July 12, 2011, 06:32:51 PM
Looks like Mr_Simnock's dropped out too. Hopefully this isn't an unusual amount of dropouts for a Wimblemong tournament?

I guess Gmoney gets a bye, but if anyone fancies just doing Simnock's last mong, I think it would be nice.

I don't mind if people want to vote on the game, combining small_world and Simnock's shots as one player and having small_world go through if he/they win. I'm frankly terrified of the prospect of being in the next round.

Famous Mortimer

Looks like I'll be in a position to announce the quarter-finals tonight. Get ready for that draw!

Famous Mortimer

QUARTER FINAL DRAW

First name mentioned is the person designated to serve.

Repentia vs. Viero_Berlotti

glitch vs. actwithoutwords

DocDaneeka vs. gmoney

alan nagsworth vs. Miles

Servers have been PMed.