Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 01:46:15 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Wimblemong 2011 Round 1: Crabwalk v. Miles

Started by Famous Mortimer, June 19, 2011, 09:18:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Sorry, my near-namesake, you were awesome.

Miles for the first return.

AsparagusTrevor

Both were brilliant. Very good technically and very amusing. It's a tough decision.

I vote Miles, simply for managing a great return which held its own against that brilliant opener.

dredd

Repentia

Miles, both returns had great spin on them.

alan nagsworth

Crabwank for me please! It was so damned close, Miles' first was exceptional but Crabby swept it with his second.

gmoney

This was the best match so far in my opinion, could have easily been a final. Crabwalk's opener was just astounding in technical ability but Miles returned with something of equal brilliance, so it was a draw for me. Had to determine it on my favourite of the last 2, which was Miles, but honestly, Crabwalk's been robbed of a shot at the top due to unfortunately equal match-making. Good game, good game.

Small Man Big Horse

Beautiful work from both, but Miles just edged it for me.

Big Jack McBastard

ziggy starbucks

miles is perhaps the greatest of all wimblemongers and his first shot is amazing

but I vote Crabwalk for his 2 seamless shots

rudi

Brilliant stuff; gonna have to go with Miles I think but both players rocked my berrain.

Vitalstatistix

Eight Taiwanese Teenagers

I vote for whichever has the fewest votes at this point, so they may go through as highest scoring loser.

actwithoutwords

In the abs
Quote from: Eight Taiwanese Teenagers on July 03, 2011, 12:44:47 PM
I vote for whichever has the fewest votes at this point, so they may go through as highest scoring loser.

FM is away today, but I think the match finished an hour ago. Miles wins 15-10. A desperate shame these two drew each other in the first round though. Worthy of a final.

Johnny Yesno

Crabwalk

Rub it in Johnny, why don't you!

Congratulations Miles, you deserved to win. I threw everything I had at you with both shots, and they came back over the net with interest each time. I'd buy a poster of 'Scary Stormfronts'. Genius monging.

Disappointed to fall at the first hurdle, but hopefully I'll be back for a second Wimblemong next year as it was good fun while it lasted.

small_world

Crabwalk I know I'm too late, and my vote wouldn't change the outcome anyway... But I loved this match and was away for voting.
Also, the highest scoring loser thing. [nb]I think the match I lost in was voted on by a lot of people, so I may be a highly voted loser, if so, I'll gladly give my place to Crabby (if the situation crops up) if I get to see some more delicious mongs.[/nb]

Crabwalk

Thanks for the offer small_world, but if you get a highest-scoring loser place you'll have deserved it. No to AV!

Mary is not amused

Gah! Both of these should be through to the next round.  So, so good.

small_world

Agreed.
I think it was simply that my round finished very quickly, so people saw the whole thing early on in the competition. And that's the reason it got a lot of votes.
We need more of this monging, just generally.

alan nagsworth

Hehe, that crops up every year! Last year saw some great off-peak monging though so hopefully there will be more enthusiasm ongoing after the tournament. There definitely seems to be a great deal more new talent on here these last two years than there was in the two years prior when I first signed up to CaB. It's exciting!