Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 03:46:13 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Earth Shattering Local News

Started by Blumf, June 23, 2011, 04:34:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Small Man Big Horse

This is one of the top stories on This Is Surrey Today right now.

QuoteKittens watching the snow in Dorking: VIDEO

A MAN in Dorking has posted this video of two kittens watching the snow falling.

Perched on a windowsill, the tiny pair appear to be trying to catch the snowflakes falling in the Surrey garden below.

http://www.thisissurreytoday.co.uk/Kittens-watching-snow-Dorking-VIDEO/story-18382969-detail/story.html#axzz2NO0zeuR1

Cohaagen

"Blind Tyrone man caught in cattle barn with rubber glove and broom shaft"

http://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/sunday-life/blind-tyrone-man-caught-in-cattle-barn-with-rubber-glove-and-broom-shaft-29152517.html

QuoteHe had tried to hide, but the farmer and his brother caught Morris in a cattle pen and pinned him down until police arrived.

While he was being held, Morris, who had a torch strapped to his head and was also carrying blue rope and a pen knife, put on a foreign accent and said: "Me-me-steal-ear-tags. Me-me-look-at-tags."

Yee-e-ees, improvised balaclava incident!

billtheburger

"his balaclava, made from the leg of old tracksuit bottoms, was a "face warmer" he had lifted by mistake instead of a woollen cap"
hehehe

I'm guessing he wasn't blind before the instance.

BlodwynPig

For me that is the story of 2013. Forget log flumes, 17 cats and fungal water barrels is where it's at.

Rock concert attracts just one audience-member.

http://www.derryjournal.com/lifestyle/entertainment/one-man-audience-for-gig-1-5110455

I hope he clapped and cheered loudly, so the bands didn't feel too bad.

Kane Jones

Never mind Woolwich, check this shit out;

Birdie

^^
Gender-bias is everywhere.  It's firefighter now, grandad.
Quote from: thecuriousorange on May 22, 2013, 11:56:39 PM
Rock concert attracts just one audience-member.
It reminds me of the time I went to see a production of Hair at the Kings Theatre in Southsea.  There were about 10 people there including us (and we were in the upper circle so we were a long way away from the stage).  The worst part was when the cast came down into the stalls to sing - they outnumbered us.  Mortifying.

biggytitbo

That serves him right for mocking bears.

Birdie

Do you like my avatar?

I chose it to please you.

Because you scare me.

Blumf

Quote from: Kane Jones on May 24, 2013, 08:38:48 AM
Never mind Woolwich, check this shit out;

Is that... Comic Sans? The bastards!

biggytitbo

Quote from: Birdie on May 24, 2013, 09:45:57 AM
Do you like my avatar?

I chose it to please you.

Because you scare me.

Are you sure i dont 'bear' you?

Actually that sounds a bit rude, forget it.

Kane Jones

Quote from: Blumf on May 24, 2013, 09:50:21 AM
Is that... Comic Sans? The bastards!

Tell me about it, I'm a graphic designer.  It makes my shit itch.

Birdie

^^So what's your favourite font???

(Oh yeah, this is the way to chat the boys up, Birdie).

Kane Jones

Quote from: Birdie on May 24, 2013, 10:05:39 AM
^^So what's your favourite font???

(Oh yeah, this is the way to chat the boys up, Birdie).

Oh, too many to mention.  I do have a preference for sans serif fonts although obviously it depends what you're designing.  Comic Sans is the ultimate faux pas font though, used exclusively by people with CorelDRAW on their home PCs designing 3x1 ads for their plumbing or DIY business.  "But it looks so friendly!"  No, it makes you look like an unprofessional cunt.

And breathe.  I like a bit of font-talk, B.   And I do feel successfully chatted up.

billtheburger

You cannot complain about it's kerning, though.

I like tahoma, verdana and sometimes I'm a Helvetica bastard.

Kane Jones

Quote from: billtheburger on May 24, 2013, 10:17:01 AM
You cannot complain about it's kerning, though.

I like tahoma, verdana and sometimes I'm a Helvetica bastard.

I use Tahoma and Verdana a lot.  To the point where I need to change up.  Quite into DIN at the moment.[nb]This conversation is awesome.[/nb]

sirhenry

Sans serif is for the young and heartless.

Bembo.

Birdie

Comic Sans eh:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GUCcObwIsOs

You can't go wrong with Verdana.  Quire fond of Microsoft Sans Serif for presentations.

Ah do we all remember the day when we made the mistake of looking up Gill Sans on Wikipedia?

billtheburger

This pleases me. I am in no way close to talent in the graphic design department.
I just like my writing to have a certain precision to it.

sirhenry

Quote from: Birdie on May 24, 2013, 10:25:17 AM
Ah do we all remember the day when we made the mistake of looking up Gill Sans on Wikipedia?
I'd learnt to draw Gill Sans before Wikipedia existed - you had to if you were a signwriter. Why would it be a mistake, is the page all in Comic Sans?

You're right about Verdana though - on screen. But there is never a reason to print with it.

Birdie

Quote from: sirhenry on May 24, 2013, 10:32:52 AM
I'd learnt to draw Gill Sans before Wikipedia existed - you had to if you were a signwriter. Why would it be a mistake, is the page all in Comic Sans?

That would be amusing:)

Kane Jones

Quote from: sirhenry on May 24, 2013, 10:21:14 AM
Sans serif is for the young and heartless.

Bembo.

As I said before, it depends what you're designing[nb]or if you're old and bitter![/nb].

Thomas

I'm a Calibri man myself.

Notorious for shunning essay font requirements and using Calibri instead, you might often find me perched with a laptop admiring the letters.

Kane Jones

Quote from: Thomas on May 24, 2013, 10:58:36 AM
I'm a Calibri man myself.

Another sans serif man.  You are young and heartless, my friend!  Quite like that sirhenry described me as 'young'...

Thomas

I embrace the 'young and heartless' label. In fact, I'll print one off, written in Calibri.

Birdie

Hate Callibri.

There - I've said it.

Listen to your Auntie, Thomas.

Cohaagen

There are worse typeface crimes than Comic Sans - the use of all-caps Old English for example. Punk bands and tattoo artists are particularly guilty of this. I used to work in reprographics and (to a lesser extent) graphic design and if I saw all-caps Old English I just knew it was for a demo insert or transfer for some illegible scratching down an inside forearm.

Crime.

Kane Jones

She'll put you over her knee, Thomas.  Watch it.

Kane Jones

Quote from: Cohaagen on May 24, 2013, 11:09:21 AM
There are worse typeface crimes than Comic Sans - the use of all-caps Old English for example. .

Not worse, but an equally heinous crime.  I hate to be a typeface snob, but I am. So there.  If you're designing an advert for an ye olde pub, then great, knock yourself out.  Anything else, forget it.  Tattoos?  Gah, it's as bad as those arse antlers women have.

Blumf

Eurostile is the only thing I'd imprint on my luna base or robots.