Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Members
  • Total Members: 17,819
  • Latest: Jeth
Stats
  • Total Posts: 5,577,468
  • Total Topics: 106,658
  • Online Today: 781
  • Online Ever: 3,311
  • (July 08, 2021, 03:14:41 AM)
Users Online
Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 04:08:30 AM

Login with username, password and session length

The Hobbit (2012)

Started by El Unicornio, mang, June 23, 2011, 11:36:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kane Jones

Quote from: tookish on March 05, 2013, 01:27:07 PM
Ahhh, Kane, excellent name for a dog!

Cheers, tookish!  I have a feeling my Mum chose the name (although Brunette Romana 2 may post on here and correct me).  It was a great name for him; he was a pesky little Jack Russell with a penchant for escaping for entire afternoons.  He had short legs and a really beautiful face.  He lived to the ripe old age of 19, remarkably.  In fact, he died in 2003 - ten years ago.  How time flies.

Glebe

Anyone (who like me didn't have the access code) manage to see the sneak peek? I watched it here:

http://www.movieweb.com/movie/the-hobbit-the-desolation-of-smaug

...but it now appears to have been taken down. Had some tasty footage of The Desolation of Smaug, plus an amusing appearance from Stephen Fry.

Here's the clip that was shown (think I found a slightly better quality video of it somewhere but can't find it now... maybe it wasn't better!):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ttZk5IGckN0

SteveDave

HMV on Oxford Street has been turned into Hobbit-land for the launch of the DVD. Where the stage is has been transformed into Bilbo's house. It's quite impressive. Still got fuck all CDs worth buying in there though.

Glebe

Quote from: SteveDave on April 10, 2013, 10:23:25 PM
HMV on Oxford Street has been turned into Hobbit-land for the launch of the DVD. Where the stage is has been transformed into Bilbo's house. It's quite impressive. Still got fuck all CDs worth buying in there though.

What?! I'd heard they may have found a belated buyer, but I didn't know there were any HMVs that were currently open.

olliebean

Quote from: Glebe on April 11, 2013, 08:30:33 PM
What?! I'd heard they may have found a belated buyer, but I didn't know there were any HMVs that were currently open.

According to Wikipedia they were acquired by Hilco and 141 out of the 200+ stores were kept open.

tookish

Lovely Boyfriend bought me the DVD this afternoon. It's still waiting in its cellophane. I'm bribing myself to tidy up and do some work on my essays before I get to watch it. But I'm SO EXCITED!

Ian Benson

Watched this last week. Thought it was really good. Freeman's fantastic. I am very much looking forward to parts 2 and 3. From a tech/making of standpoint, I liked that it didn't look wildly different to the LOTR trilogy (at least on blu ray) and I'm also impressed by the fact that, from the look of things, they're making it in such a way that one will eventually be able to watch either LOTR 1, 2, and 3 first or The Hobbit 1, 2, and 3 first and it will work either way. Do you get what I'm saying? Like, I watched Fellowship not long after watching Unexpected Journey and suddenly it was really lovely to see Gandalf and Bilbo back together again (like when they hugged I was genuinely moved whereas I wasn't at all when I watched it for the first time). Equally, when I watched Unexpected Journey for the first time, I was moved to see Frodo again, just wandering about the place without a care in the world. It's like a lovely ouroboros sort of thing.

Cerys

We're watching our lovely new DVD tonight, as soon as SNG has finished wrangling an apple pie into the oven.  Happy day!

mobias

Quote from: Cerys on April 14, 2013, 08:32:38 PM
We're watching our lovely new DVD tonight, as soon as SNG has finished wrangling an apple pie into the oven.  Happy day!

I thought SNG hated Apple products? You can tell him I think he's being hypocritical wrangling with an Apple pie.

Cerys

He's heating it to within an inch of its life.  I defy it to fulfil any of Apple's promises after that.

QDRPHNC

Quote from: mobias on April 14, 2013, 08:46:20 PM
I thought SNG hated Apple products? You can tell him I think he's being hypocritical wrangling with an Apple pie.

Apple PiE

The Roofdog

Quote from: Cerys on April 14, 2013, 09:24:20 PM
He's heating it to within an inch of its life.  I defy it to fulfil any of Apple's promises after that.

He's going to walk into an Apple store and ironically threaten someone with it.

"Could go your way, could go mine."