Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 12:46:05 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Wimblemong 2011 Round 2: Mythical Wet Patch vs. DocDaneeka

Started by Mythical Wet Patch, July 05, 2011, 04:30:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DocDaneeka

Nice one. I'm thinking one up at the moment, it may take me awhile but I should get it in before the deadline.

DocDaneeka

Are you working on your one Mythical? I think the deadlines 10:10 tonight.[nb]Although Famous Mortimers such a big softie he'll probably let you have longer.[/nb]

Sorry Doc, the time to sit down and get this done has somehow eluded me. However I can get my return in by tomorrow night if that's alright with you and the usual authorities.

DocDaneeka

Oh just knock something up in Paint in 5 mins!

Yeah it's alright by me.

Well, I plugged my charger into my lap-top today and after a while of happy monging smoke began billowing out. So even ms paint isn't an option at the moment. I'm striving for a quick fix to whatever is going on, but since I'm already late and nothing will be solved till tomorrow at the earliest (and even then i might find its a different thing that's fucked than what I thought) I think I'm going to have to hobble off injured and give the win to Doc.

DocDaneeka

Well shit, this means I've got through two rounds without completing a match. Maybe if it's fixed tomorrow we could carry on? I don't know, what does Famous Mortimer think?

alan nagsworth

Quote from: DocDaneeka on July 12, 2011, 12:36:33 AM
Well shit, this means I've got through two rounds without completing a match.

I've got my eye on you, Daneeka.

Crabwalk

Famous Mortimer

Quote from: DocDaneeka on July 12, 2011, 12:36:33 AM
Well shit, this means I've got through two rounds without completing a match. Maybe if it's fixed tomorrow we could carry on? I don't know, what does Famous Mortimer think?
I'm happy to get other people's opinions, but I don't think it's fair to restart a match this far in, so I guess nothing can be done. If anyone wants to do the last mong, just for fun like, that would be rather nice. As it is we'll only have 6 completed matches, which is sad if inevitable.

Well I'm finally up and running again, so if it's not out of the question I definitely can drop a shot tonight.

DocDaneeka

Well I don't think it will hold the round up as long as I reply reasonably quickly. So go for it.

small_world

This is good. I think most people would rather see this go all the way, and if it takes longer it just means Wimblemong lasts longer, which can't be a bad thing.

Sorry guys, the mong I've just spent the night working on and stupidly failed to save has just been lost as Gimp froze then aborted itself on me. This rather tame and rushed shot seems to be the John Connor of mongs and technology keeps trying to eliminate it. I'm going to bed now, but I will continue trying to finish this tomorrow afternoon and avert the machine apocalypse, unless Famous Mortimer just wants me to stop. In that case the machines win (I am in no way implying that DocDaneeka is a machine)

small_world

Not really the place to ask this, but I will anyway..
Gimp does that to me all the time too. Especially if I go near text. Any reason why?
And, I've no moral problems with downloading stuff, should I get Photoshop, or is the learning curve too steep? I found Gimp really easy to get to grips with.

glitch

If you find GIMP easy, you should find Photoshop easy. There's no real learning curve, just faff about with stuff (and Google for tutorials of dubious quality) and learn that way!

Kishi the Bad Lampshade

I should also point out for anyone who does have ethical objections to illegally downloading Photoshop (FREAKS), you can just do what I did and get the free trial version.

CollaterlySisters

Crabwalk

AsparagusTrevor

Small Man Big Horse

Mary is not amused

Doc Dan!  Dan!  Dan!  Dan!  Dan!  Dan!  Dan! ... DAN! Daneeka

Famous Mortimer