Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 18, 2024, 02:57:58 PM

Login with username, password and session length

voting cockup - who to complain to ?

Started by wu be eel, June 03, 2004, 04:55:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wu be eel

I promptly recieved my (potsal vote) ballot paper about a week ago, thinking id make my cross and post it when i got back from holiday. Im back now and its since occured to me that im 17 - technically too young to vote. I should never have got the thing in the first place.

I assumed this just confirms what a big farce the whole thing is - messy and confusing to people most likely to abstain. It's since been suggested to me that its probably underhand tactics. IE, Labour trying to get a few more votes by offering them to borderline people in predominantly labour areas.

Though I like the conspiracy thing, its not a big issue for me. I dont want to use the vote but dunno what to do with it: send the paper back with an explanation or complaint? lazily spoil the vote? ring radio4 and get them on the case?! any more interesting ideas ?

meh. what an incredibly boring thread. will anyone care? heres a picture from my trip away just to brighten this up...

smoker

nice pic, where was that?

email pm on radio 4 to moan, i look forward to hearing eddie mair syrup his vowels over it on my drive home

Pinball

Quote from: "smoker"nice pic, where was that?

email pm on radio 4 to moan, i look forward to hearing eddie mair syrup his vowels over it on my drive home
He's great isn't he? A sarcastic mofo who sounds gentle but is a veritable little radio lion! :-)

Pinball

Quote from: "Rubbish Monkey"Go straight to the top and email the Prime Minister himself.

Don't do that as you'll be security checked and have your emails and tel/fax monitored...

Seriously.

MojoJojo

God, I'm almost tempted to get control of a trojan network, and start bombarding the address, with vaguely threatening emails.

"Tony, why haven't you called me? I miss you. BOB"
"BEWARE THE IDES OF MARCH. Is my favorite line from Julius Caesar"

On second thought, maybe I should hire myself a comedy writer first.

wu be eel

heh, nice try guys.

I give in - im going to vote, and ill prolly choose LIb Dem on all counts.

the pictures from cornwall.

gazzyk1ns

I think we need to see more pictures from your holiday, don't we?

Bogey

That picture does look lovely, aah, Cornwall, the closest to abroad Britain can offer...

On the subject of voting, I live in London and Yorkshire, and I got a voting card thingy through the door in London, and a postal form back 'ome as well. I'm going to ignore the postal one because it's just blue blue blue blue blue blue, blue cross land here, and I'd hate to invalidate my vote for Ken where it counts in Important London. Hey ho.

High Roller

Quote from: "wu be eel"heh, nice try guys.

I give in - im going to vote, and ill prolly choose LIb Dem on all counts.

the pictures from cornwall.

Even if accidental and you vote you WILL be prosecuted. You will find that in the small print.

king_tubby

I don't even have my mail vote form yet.

I dunno, I'm not sure I agree with it, I actually feel enfranchised by dragging my sorry arse down to the polling station and ticking my box.  Makes me feel part of the democratic purpose.

long time reader, first time poster