Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 02:13:38 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Blue Jam Festival

Started by Neil, June 03, 2004, 07:09:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Favourite series of Blue Jam?

Series 1
47 (22.5%)
Series 2
64 (30.6%)
Series 3
29 (13.9%)
Preferred the TV show
37 (17.7%)
I've never heard them.
32 (15.3%)

Total Members Voted: 209

Voting closed: June 03, 2004, 07:09:25 PM

Neil

As promised, we've got all 18 episodes of Blue Jam ready for you to download today.  Remember that these are on Bit Torrent, and you will need a suitable client installed to be able to download them.  Here's the links for the three torrents:

Blue Jam Series 1 423 Megs
Blue Jam Series 2 492 Megs
Blue Jam Series 3 492 Megs

So just open those torrent links and choose where you want to save the downloads to.  Please keep the torrents open for as long as possible after your downloads finish, this ensures that other people can get the files as well, and it's also a help to me personally.  I've only got a limited amount of bandwidth and it's tough getting all these shows shared at once.  If you had our last Blue Jam captures then you will definitely want to upgrade, these sound far better.  Series 1 and 2 were encoded by Steve Bass2rez, and series 3 was encoded by netgit...many thanks to them!  We have also started revamping the Blue Jam page on the site, Jake Wyatt has taken TJ's episode guide and rearranged it in such a way that it's a lot easier to see how the episodes are laid out.  It's not quite finished yet, but we'll get round to doing that very soon.

We've got some other stuff for you to download while you're waiting for your Blue Jams torrents to finish!  Firstly, after seeing our appeal in the new Morris FAQ, The Meddler encoded the clip of On The Hour winning at the 1993 Comedy Awards!  Hooray, we've been after this for ages, and it's really a fab little rarity, many thanks to The Meddler for that.  You'll notice that The Harpoon was also up for an award that year.  And on the subject of The Harpoon we've got the last two episodes ready for download now on the Collab Page.  Many thanks again to Julian Dutton for supplying us with the full set of shows, we hope you're all enjoying them as much as we are.  

We have a few more captures now courtesy of weirdbeard.  We have the original Brass Eye Drugs trail, with voice-over by the late great Michael Alexander St John, a review of the TDT DVD on Radio 4, and finally a short clip from the recent Sex On TV programme which featured the Brass Eye Special.  Many thanks to weirdbeard for those captures, of course the Drugs trailer should really have been on the Brass Eye DVD but there you go...

Jet Set Willy

Thanks I love Bule Jam! (sic)

This is the straw that broke the coffin for me, I'm going to have to get into this bit.torrent malarky now...

weekender

Cool, excellent work.

Personal message to Neil - Sorry if I was an unhelpful shit yesterday, personal circumstances etc, sorry.

Anyway, I've decided to fuck all my other downloads off and concentrate on Blue Jam for at least a couple of weeks, so hopefully these will get round very quickly.  It's all I'll be uploading for a while anyway...

weekender

With regards to favourite series, I can't answer the question, because my favourite episodes of Blue Jam are spread across different series.  Yes, they're all great, hence my enthusiasm for sharing them around, but if I had to pick my favourite episodes I'd probably pick a couple from each series.

Off the top of my head, my top three episodes are 1.5, 2.4 (yes, the one with Rothko) and 3.1.  Does this help at all?  Probably not.

A Passing Turk Slipper

Thanks for the update Neil. I haven't actually heard a huge amount of Blue Jam, only random episodes I downloaded so I'll be sure to download these at some point soon. I can't get that comedy award clip working though, is there a codec I need?
Edit: No, oops, sorry, it's fine actually. That's fantastic, why aren't more acceptance speeches like that?

butnut

I'm pretty sure I saw that award at the time. It's great to see it again - and I didn't know Morris had been seeing Unwin for so long.

And thanks, for the last time, for all the BJs.

Marcus Or Relius

Many thanks Neil, I've never heard any of the Blue Jam episodes before, I've  been looking forward to downloading them.

Cheersverymuch.

noz

Thankyou thankyou thankyou!!!

I've been waiting years to get hold of all of these

mayer

cheers to Neil, bass2rez, netgit and all the torrentors.... i've not listened to these for ages since i left the mp3 CD in london, but the quality on these babies is sparkling

i'll be seeding the lot of them till i bugger off back home

Bilko

Well done for getting all the Blue Jam episodes up Neil in High Quaility, and all else who were involved.

Bilko

Watching that comedy awards clip, Morris really was a skinny wretch back then and looks subdued in a bow tie.

Silver SurferGhost

Yay, great that these are available again to everybody (even if I've had them for ages, thanks largely to Darrell). I shall check out t'other stuff once I've moved house.
Dammit, I thought I was being controversial and hard-hitting picking series 2. Rotten like-minded bastards most of you are, and no mistake.
I shall just have to go and be controversial and hard-hitting somewhere else then...

Bilko

I not mentioning this for personal reasons as I already have got the Blue Jam episodes from soulseek, I download Series one on Bit Torrent for a better quality.  

After downloading Series 1, I've found that the sixth epsiode is only 15 minutes long.  I do know that this episode is the one with the John Carey Diana cut up and was edited by the BBC.  But this sketch appears on the Torrent file, so why is episode 6 only 15 mins long.

mayer

a really minor point, and one which is easily fixable from here, and would be just stupid to try and correct from there....

but anywayse:

the tag on S2-E4 is "Chris Morris Music Show - 17/08/94 - Episode 10"... er, changed it now... that's all.

Ambient Sheep

I see that I as well am finally going to have to get a BitTorrent client.  And some more disk space.

Quote from: "Peter Hammill"Watching that comedy awards clip, Morris really was a skinny wretch back then and looks subdued in a bow tie.
Isn't it a lovely clip?  Just watched it.  Great stuff, and the zoologist in him coming out once more...

A small point about the Rarities page wanted section, it mentions "On The Hour (Talkback, 1993) - An unbroadcast pilot for a television transfer of the radio series, featuring the original cast in their original roles, and Chris Morris as writer, performer and co-producer."  Presumably this is the same as the Pilot available on the DVD and thus can now be removed from the "Wanted" list?

Also the On The Hour Comedy Awards link isn't in bold like the rest of them.

axel

Very simple, but Series 2 is the best. Great writing, refined style, fantastic music and my favourite sketches (Rothko (ruined a bit by the film), Giant Adoption (not mentioned much but my favourite Bluejam news type thingy) and Unemployed Welshmen (very, very silly marvellousness).

Anonymous

Thanks! Now I've downloaded them all I can buy an hat.

weekender

Quote from: "Anonymous"Thanks! Now I've downloaded them all I can buy an hat.

Ah, good reminder, cheers, I stopped these the other day so I could finish another download, and then forgot to resume them, hope they're uploading properly again now.

Quote from: "mayer"cheers to Neil, bass2rez, netgit and all the torrentors.... i've not listened to these for ages since i left the mp3 CD in london, but the quality on these babies is sparkling

What is the new quality of these recent encodes?

Presumably these new ones are "better" than the previous Mp3s which were circulating on CD-Rs.... but what are the numbers?

ps: thanks for all the efforts to everyone who sorted these new files.  one day when I have the technology I will get hold of them (the files not the people).

Spazzed_on_a_Horse

First post!
========

I like it when I get them down!

Downloads, that is.

I discovered the 3 'Blue Jam' series's's's on a BitTorrent website a few days ago, and I've got them all now, every single one of the three ...... so that's three in all.

I'm just saying all that so I can be smug about not 'discovering' them from this website thing. Thus, I don't have to post a "thanks, guys"-style message. It's important to me, that.

On researching 'Blue Jam' on Google, I was directed here, so here I am.

Note: I get the impression that the 'BitTorrent' protocol is rather confusing to some. Me - I'm a whizz at it, amongst other P2P programs. So, if anyone needs a hand / advice, get it somewhere else, as I can't be arsed with whining newbies.

livenutsyphon

Thanks so much - the quality is amazing..but....when I play the first one its skipping through the sketches and not playing the whole hour complete

can anyone help?

many thanks:)

Mr. Anon

Quote from: "livenutsyphon"Thanks so much - the quality is amazing..but....when I play the first one its skipping through the sketches and not playing the whole hour complete

can anyone help?

many thanks:)
You are probably trying to play the files while they are downloading. It does this when you download MP3's on BitTorrent. Has something do with the code behind BitTorrent I think but anyway, wait until the torrent has completely finished and then you should be fine.

LiveNutSyphon

Thanks you are right - I've had it on all night - these streams are such good quality amazing! - I think I can now burn mp3's so I can play in my DVD player - 18 hours of madness! -

Long Live Morris ! - helping us all stay sane in this crazy world of ours!

Best

The Discharge-Sniffer

Beckett

I managed to complete a list of start times for each of the Blue Jam jammies. If I can fwd it to the right person for posting, please advise...

Edward

sproggy

Big thanks to everyone concerned.  I'm on dial-up and it took me about 75 hours on and off to download them all a bit at a time, but it's been worth it.

Thanks again.

*Big sloppy kiss*

Shady Ady

Marvellous, marvellous, marvellous.... big thankees to those concerned!

At long last, i FINALLY manage to get top quality recordings of Series Two
(I can't believe I managed to miss every episode except Episode 5 when S2
aired) - I've been making do with those Real Audio files for SO, so long!

And for the sake of completion, and considerably better recordings than
I managed for Series's One 'n' Three, I downloaded the bleedin lot.
Thanks again, to those kind peoples for such BitTorrenty goodness!

I am so happy, I've just cum on my knee.

skibz

Just downloaded all of the series in high quality... I initially didn't see the point, already having the realaudio versions, but the quality is fantastic!! Thanks to all concerned, at last I have something to do while lying in bed recovering from this damn virus...

Mr. Anon

Firstly, these Blue Jam episodes are great. Thanks to everyone involved.

But does anyone know what music is used for the Unemployed Welshman : The Tryout sketch in Series 2, Episode 5? It's not listed in the tracklisting, as it should be listed between Spearhead - Tha Payroll and Morcheeba - Fear and Love.

This is something that has been bugging me for ages. Perhaps someone here could help.

Thanks.

DevonBay

First post here so greetings all

Havent had a lot of luck downloading these, any ideas?