Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 20, 2024, 07:52:11 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Wugazi

Started by Incandenza, July 13, 2011, 12:31:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Incandenza

Anyone had a listen to this yet?
http://spartandriveby.com/post/7567594636/wugazi-13-chambers

Hit and miss like most mix albums, but some pretty brilliant stuff too I reckon.

If you're a fan of both bands, you should get some joy.

Funcrusher

Didn't know about this. It's well executed, but I get no more than novelty value out of these things that smoosh together music which is pretty disimilar in terms of tone and spirit - they just cancel each other out. It does illustrate my contention that Fugazi are well worthy of comparison to the best super taut seventies funk musicians.

chand

Thought it was odd that they kicked off releasing tracks with that one that uses 'I'm So Tired', that one is quite jarring and based around a rather prosaic throwaway Fugazi track. The second one which uses 'Sweet And Low' was loads better.

Incandenza

For me it's just shaping up to be a brilliant party album.

bitesize

can't believe there's no Waiting Room blend on there, that one's just begging for it!

(i did a blend of Waiting Room with Jus A Rascal by Dizzee Rascal once, it fitted really well apart from having to speed up the vox a bit too much)

thugler

There is one with a bit of waiting room toward the end, but they end up just fading into the waiting room chorus to end it.

CaledonianGonzo

More my speed:

http://www.maxtannone.com/projects/ghostfunk/

QuoteGhostfunk pairs one of my favorite hip-hop artists, Wu-Tang member Ghostface Killah, with vintage African funk, high-life, and psychedelic rock music

boki

Downloading both  these right now.