Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 04:42:41 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Awful band names

Started by Viero_Berlotti, July 19, 2011, 09:58:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
That Petrol Emotion

Never heard any music from this outfit made up of ex-Undertones, but their name truly was shite.

alan nagsworth

See, That Petrol Smell would have been perfectly acceptable

jenna appleseed

Spock's Beard

Dragonforce

The Goo Goo Dolls

Cradle Of Filth

Arcade Fire would be a shit name if they weren't so great & The Thrills would be a fucking great name if it was attached to an exciting band (prob garage/punk)

weaseldust

i think tinie tempah is a stupid name because it could be spelled so many different ways. like krazee-eyez killa

'can' is an awkward name because it means i can't find any videos of theirs on youtube

i think jelly roll morton is an awesome name, as is klaus wunderlich although i think that's just the guy's name.
also i have a couple compilation cds of insane electronic music by wrong music which includes great names such as: dj psylage, binray, sibling, dj fuckin' terrible, clarence palmer, roger species (the last two sounding like brass eye names to me)

Famous Mortimer

One of those CDs features out very own djtrees, I seem to recall. I love those band names too.

Noodle Lizard

The band I was in as a young lad was called My Dad's Tight Jampot.

And a friend of mine's into a bunch of dreadfully-named bands which all have animals in their names, for some reason:  Fukpig, Pig Destroyer and my personal favourite Horsebastard.

Apparently the secret formula is:
Animal Name + Something Vaguely Unpleasant = Br00tality 666

Viero_Berlotti

Quote from: Noodle Lizard on September 10, 2011, 08:18:56 PM
The band I was in as a young lad was called My Dad's Tight Jampot.

It's funny that you posted that because I was just about to add another to the list, Manchester metal band My Wooden Pillow.

I don't know what to make of it though because it's a metal band, and 'awful band names' are kind of the point when it comes to metal bands. So maybe metal bands should have immunity.