Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 03:11:13 AM

Login with username, password and session length

David Devant Gig!

Started by mayer, June 04, 2004, 11:52:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mayer

i've not seen them since the Water Rats a couple of years back, and now my mates are playing a gig with them... sweet.

Quote from: "Tommy Mack of General Khaki"The General's men (and woman) are to accompany bizzaro Music Hall
popsters David Devant and His Spirit Wife into battle at the OXFORD
WHEATSHEAF, TUESDAY 22ND JUNE.

Don't miss this unlikely, but ingenious pairing, guaranteed to set the
summer alight!

For troops stationed outside Oxfordshire's dreaming spires, check out
the itinery below!

More Awe Tour '04!
Sat 05/06 LIVERPOOL FDE @ HBJBs w/28Costumes
Tue 08/06 LONDON, SOHO Comedy w/Probing Cranks
*TBC* Mon 21/06 LONDON, BRICK LANE Vibe Bar
Tue 22/06 OXFORD Wheatsheaf w/ David Devant!
Thu 01/07 LONDON, FARRINGDON Betsy Trotwood
Fri 02/07 MANCHESTER Retro Bar w/The Obsession
Sun 04/07 SHEFFIELD Boardwalk
Sat 17/07 LONDON, CAMDEN Dublin Castle
Fri 30/07 MANCHESTER Voodoo @ Retro Bar...more gigs coming soon
*TBC* Fri 13/08 GUILFORD Star w/Nebraska

General Khaki Official Website

lazyhour

See how you cleverly tricked us Devant fans into reading your record label's promotional material!  A curse on your two houses!

Hee.

You are devious, truculent and unreliable.

Is there a sample mp3 of this General Khaki band?  I want to check if they are going to continue the long-standing tradition of DD&HSW being supported by bands that are pure shite.  Hopefully my expectations will be confounded.

See, serves you right for claiming ownership of that mighty Delectable Cat joke.

*runs away*

mayer

heh, the Khaki aren't on my label.... but they are mates (and an ex-girlfriend) of mine.

but i am genuinely excited about Devant... i've not seen them for ages, and i wouldn't bother trapsing all the way to my alma mater just to see my friends making a racket.

some live Khaki songs are available from their website.... they aren't very good though, the band works best as an in-the-flesh experience.

and what was that about my talking cat joke...?

Silver SurferGhost

Aw, it's too far away, and what with me being skint and that...
Heh, I like the front page of Khaki's site, it reminds me of a certain LP...
Quote from: "lazyhour"us Devant fans
That'll be just you and me then apparently...although I'm working on a machiavellian * scheme to win over Frinky as well.
Oh, wasn't Phillipa Maul a fan as well...?
Where is she by the way, I was going to quiz her about those Andy Partridge demo CDs...
Quote from: "mayer"but i am genuinely excited about Devant... i've not seen them for ages
Last time I saw them (1999!!) they'd stripped the show down (no props or antics, or Foz!), musically they were great but a bit disappointing visually. Foz (ace guitarist) is back now though, and isn't that new album great, eh?
Incidentally lazyhour, my house move will be finally sorted in a week or two, expect a PM of great worth once I've started unpacking...

* do you see, etc