Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 01:34:49 PM

Login with username, password and session length

installing programs safely

Started by 9, June 04, 2004, 01:13:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

is there a way to start windows with minimal systems running but still install apps from a cd?

i'm at my fucking wits end with spyware that won't let me read anti-spyware progs from cd.

ta

Speciality meat product

What happens when you try to install the program? What version of Windows are you running?

You wouldn't take your car to the garage and just say "it's broke, it needs fixing".

Give us a clue...

Timmay

Quote from: "9"is there a way to start windows with minimal systems running but still install apps from a cd?

i'm at my fucking wits end with spyware that won't let me read anti-spyware progs from cd.

ta

Use an internet to download this and this

As long as you know what you're doing then it should be all you need. Be careful with the "Hijack This" software though, there are lots of genuine stuff in there so if you're not positive that something is spyware then don't delete it.

Also, the problem you're having doesn't sound spyware related to me.

Quote from: "Timmay"Safe mode.

I don't think you get access to the CDROM in safemode.

Crazy Penis

If you can't run applications from a cd and you want to check for spyware go to http://www.pestscan.com/Scan.asp

It will take you direct to PestPatrol's online scan page, bypassing the user information bit. You can't remove any spyware with the online scan, but at least you'll know how much you have, if any.
But as Concerned But Powerless said it doesn't sound like spyware.

Bill Oddie

try start ---> run -----> type "msconfig"

Click the "startup" tab and select what programmes you want to load up when Windows starts, use google to check what each one does.