Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 07:53:39 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Greg Proops Proopcast - The Smartest Man In The World

Started by 3-d lobster, June 19, 2011, 09:46:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mini

I think he's wrong on Clinton but he's so good I still listen. I owe him that much after all the 70s funk recommendations.

Mini

And his rant about network news' collusion during the campaigns is bang on.

Twed

And did he come to the conclusion that the networks were for the most part massively tied to the Clinton campaign and that they crushed Sanders undemocratically? Or was it just stuff about how whatever they do is benefitting Trump?

Gonna put my money on it being the last one.

easytarget

I really liked the Portland show. It felt like catharsis.
He's also really good in opposition, we need more voices like him.

Twed

I tried to give him another shot on Twitter, and immediately saw this: https://twitter.com/GregProops/status/807953813722103808

Fuck off Greg Proops, you unbearable tit.

Thursday

Quote from: Twed on December 17, 2016, 02:45:14 PM
I tried to give him another shot on Twitter, and immediately saw this: https://twitter.com/GregProops/status/807953813722103808

Fuck off Greg Proops, you unbearable tit.

Odd to see a chain of twitter replies that are very reasonable and agreeable.

Rev

So on this week's podcast, his voice sounds pretty ravaged in the manner you'd expect of someone who's been shouting for a sustained period, and he starts off by explaining that the home recording we're getting is a substitute for a live show that is being buried for various reasons, none of which are due to sound quality.

He's done this before and it's annoying, as it's not like he doesn't release episodes that go relatively badly.  The awkward one at the Hay festival springs to mind, in which he rants about twats with holiday homes near the area that leave them abandoned for most of the year, realises that a large part of the audience are said twats, and just doubles down as a result.

A bad crowd probably isn't the problem, and it's not like he's one to take back a rant, so whatever went on there must have been something special.

Puce Moment

Quote from: Rev on January 17, 2017, 12:39:58 AM
So on this week's podcast, his voice sounds pretty ravaged in the manner you'd expect of someone who's been shouting for a sustained period, and he starts off by explaining that the home recording we're getting is a substitute for a live show that is being buried for various reasons, none of which are due to sound quality.

He's done this before and it's annoying, as it's not like he doesn't release episodes that go relatively badly.  The awkward one at the Hay festival springs to mind, in which he rants about twats with holiday homes near the area that leave them abandoned for most of the year, realises that a large part of the audience are said twats, and just doubles down as a result.

A bad crowd probably isn't the problem, and it's not like he's one to take back a rant, so whatever went on there must have been something special.

Yeah, he has done this a few times before, but as you mention, almost always it is put down to audio issues. The Hay festival cast is pretty special largely because the middle-class cunts in the audience get a sustained dressing down, but I wonder whether his pro-hil stance is putting him at odds with his core audience. Not the twatty demo liberals, but the radical, far-left audience who might generally be sympathetic to his views.

Mini

Quote from: Puce Moment on January 17, 2017, 01:57:32 AM
Yeah, he has done this a few times before, but as you mention, almost always it is put down to audio issues. The Hay festival cast is pretty special largely because the middle-class cunts in the audience get a sustained dressing down, but I wonder whether his pro-hil stance is putting him at odds with his core audience. Not the twatty demo liberals, but the radical, far-left audience who might generally be sympathetic to his views.

That's unsurprising given that his pro-Hillary Clinton stance is at odds with his own views, except the ones about the importance of electing a woman - and a lot of his audience probably share that stance. But that's no longer too big an issue now he's devoting his energy to Trump.

HappyTree

What has surprised me over the weeks is his denigration of Bernie Sanders. Prefer Hilary if you like, but surely Bernie has Dem principles too. Mind you, if he loves Hil so much maybe he's not that bothered about Dem principles. Just calling everyone sexist. That is his hobby horse and he's going to ride it to the exclusion of all else.

But I don't really begrudge him this angst. It must be gut-wrenching to watch Trump happen to your home. That said, he's been on a definite 'bad whitey' trip and perhaps this met with some consternation.

Twed

If there were less people with Proop's mindset Clinton would have lost the primaries and we wouldn't have Trump now.

Mini

Unusual new episode at a Mississippi abortion clinic - no comedy so far (I'm halfway through) but front-line interviews with volunteers and rabid anti-choicers. Go Greg.