Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 05:14:25 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Limmy's World of Glasgow (podcasts) [split topic]

Started by kitsofan34, July 29, 2011, 07:40:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Queneau

I'd also love to give these a listen but can't get hold of them.

Wet Blanket

Have they been taken off itunes? They were still there a few months ago.

A guy called 'keentooge' has them all uploaded on YouTube too.

Unoriginal

Beagle 2

I'd really appreciate somebody uploading these - if that's within the rules (they were free at the time, right?).

Unoriginal

Unless Limmy is planning to release them for money (i'd buy them), i'd like to think he wouldn't mind, being a media whore and all.

Wet Blanket

His soundcloud page has the Xmas special and a few others, download enabled http://soundcloud.com/limmy

If you have an Apple (iOS) device, it seems you can download them through the Downcast podcast app at least.

Queneau

Beagle 2

Thanks Rachel! Fark's sake though, it's saying:

QuoteThe file you attempted to download is an archive that is part of a set of archives. MediaFire does not support unlimited downloads of split archives and the limit for this file has been reached.

Do I have to just wait a bit or is it gone now?

Artemis

Quote from: Steve Lampkins on November 13, 2012, 08:58:53 PM
If you have an Apple (iOS) device, it seems you can download them through the Downcast podcast app at least.

I have both but can't find them at all. How are you searching for them?

Quote from: Artemis on November 14, 2012, 12:30:00 PM
I have both but can't find them at all. How are you searching for them?

My bad, seems you can't actually get them. I have the subscription still in my device, but can't actually download. I should've downloaded when I had the chance.

Have you tried tweeting him, Beagle? Just double-check your spelling and grammar if you do...

Rachel

Quote from: Beagle 2 on November 14, 2012, 12:22:15 PM
Thanks Rachel! Fark's sake though, it's saying:

Do I have to just wait a bit or is it gone now?
I think it'll work if you register an account. I was logged out, tried to download and got the same message; logged in and it's away downloading merrily.

I tweeted him about the podcasts btw, he removed them from iTunes as he wants to make a page for them.

Johnny Textface

Did anyone get those files downloading? I've logged in and its not allowing it.

Butchers Blind

Quote from: Johnny Textface on November 14, 2012, 08:15:12 PM
Did anyone get those files downloading? I've logged in and its not allowing it.

Nah.  Still blocking me.

Save the files from Rachel's folder to "my folder" then search for them in there and they should be downloadable.

Butchers Blind

Quote from: boy with no qualities on November 14, 2012, 08:37:51 PM
Save the files from Rachel's folder to "my folder" then search for them in there and they should be downloadable.

Got it.  Thanks.

Rachel

Cock it, I'll upload as normal archives, didn't realise MediaFire was so arsey. Sorry for the bother!

Edit: Here we go.
http://www.mediafire.com/?1yoef3ggolruo3l
http://www.mediafire.com/?66zoxr9bo95oiba
http://www.mediafire.com/?h11nutekm1qo9s0

Custard

Sendspace is a bit nicer to use, and they tend to leave files up for longer Rachel

Really should relisten to these soon. Remember loving them as much as the telly show the first time round. Some might even say the Dee Dee stuff works better with just the audio

In my one Twitter interaction with Limmy, I mentioned to him how arousing I find the Xander bits. He tweeted back with just " :-) "

Total pricktease y'all

Thursday

Quote from: Shameless Custard on November 14, 2012, 09:32:21 PM
Sendspace is a bit nicer to use, and they tend to leave files up for longer Rachel

This isn't true, files I've uploaded to Mediafire have been up for years, Sendspace one's disappear after a week of nobody downloading them. Mediafire also allows you to download multiple files at once which is another advantage. I think they allow bigger file uploads as well.

Plus mediafire were there for me when I needed a shoulder to cry on, while sendspace just laughed at me and made fun of me. So don't spread your slanderous anti-mediafire agenda here, you clearly work for sendspace.

Custard

WELL UP YOURS THEN

Oh, I didn't know they take down links after a week of inactivity. Fair dues

Pity Megaupload has gone. They left files up for ages, didn't they

petril

bit of a bump here, because I was trying to find copies of this, and all they're all on Youtube. fair do's, but I saw this thread say 86 episodes but the talkin' burd says 85. Are there actually just 85 or 86 then?

Malcy

Quote from: petrilTanaka on April 08, 2019, 01:51:16 PM
bit of a bump here, because I was trying to find copies of this, and all they're all on Youtube. fair do's, but I saw this thread say 86 episodes but the talkin' burd says 85. Are there actually just 85 or 86 then?

I have mp3s of them that I could up at somepoint. I downloaded them all from his site years ago. Not sure if they are still up there. Going to see how many there is now.

I have 85 including the xmas special. The files are titled 1of84 etc so reckon that's the right number.

giveover

My folder has 86 folders, including a final 48sec mp3 called 'theend'.

Malcy

Quote from: giveover on April 08, 2019, 03:43:35 PM
My folder has 86 folders, including a final 48sec mp3 called 'theend'.

Same as mine but thought 'theend' was just a misplaced file.

petril

Quote from: Malcy on April 08, 2019, 03:19:11 PM
I have mp3s of them that I could up at somepoint. I downloaded them all from his site years ago. Not sure if they are still up there. Going to see how many there is now.

I have 85 including the xmas special. The files are titled 1of84 etc so reckon that's the right number.

aye, 85 on mylist is including the special, ta. would appreciate a better copy there because I'm a bit on edge with these ones I've acquired being The Proper Way

Malcy

Quote from: petrilTanaka on April 08, 2019, 04:33:09 PM
aye, 85 on mylist is including the special, ta. would appreciate a better copy there because I'm a bit on edge with these ones I've acquired being The Proper Way

I stuck a Jacqueline one on while i was having a look and i wouldn't saybthey were great quality. I think maybe 96-128 but couldn't check as it wasn't using a pc. I'll up them during the week.