Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 06:13:52 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Cardiacs

Started by garbed_attic, August 09, 2011, 09:04:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Beagle 2

Aw man, he should have asked for this a long time ago.

Neville Chamberlain

£40,000 reached - what an outpouring of love and generosity! Keep going, I guess...

Stoneage Dinosaurs

Adam Buxton retweeted the i article about Tim which made me immeasurably happy :)

Phil_A

It made the 10.00 news bulletin on Radio 2!

Brundle-Fly

Paid up!

I owe it to himTim in so many ways.

Enzo

starting a new job in the next couple of weeks and part of that first paycheck will be going straight to the fundraiser.

Shaky

Pretty amazing that they were aiming to raise £100,000 in a year and they're already 3/4 of the way there! Obviously Timmy's health is the main concern here but dare we dream that he might become mobile enough to use a computer again and polish off a few new Cardiacs tracks?

Fabian Thomsett

QuoteStuart hears new information about the long-term illness of Cardiacs singer Tim Smith from his bandmate Kavus Torabi. Tim has battled with a rare brain disorder since suffering a cardiac arrest 10 years ago, the full details of his condition and how it has affected him have not been made public until now.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b09q06f8

Dirty Boy

Smashed it! 100 grand reached!!!

Now get cracking on with LSD you lazy prick.

Dirty Boy

Yes i've listened to that. Sad to hear he liked Oasis :-(

Paaaaul

There's a cracking new version of the Tarred and Feathered video on YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K1-flFzPaQQ
Extended at either end.

itsfredtitmus

Quote from: Dirty Boy on February 21, 2018, 11:18:20 AM
Yes i've listened to that. Sad to hear he liked Oasis :-(
theyre fine really

Neville Chamberlain

Great, isn't it? I can finally get my hands on Cardiacs Live and Songs for Ships and Irons, which, to my shame, I do not own.

Stoneage Dinosaurs

Yup, great news, from what I can tell they're many leagues better than the spotifies and the ituneses of the world in terms of paying artists properly so this is good news for Tim :)

Had a big old listen last night, which has confirmed to me that I really need to lay some cash down for that Mr and Mrs Smith and Mr Drake thing. It's brills

Dirty Boy

Yeah, Dergo from the mr&mrs&mr cd is a haunting brute. The whole thing is great.

I think Rude Bootleg is the only thing i don't have, other than some of the singles...

How does one scrobble from Bandcamp anyway? I'm too thick to figure it out.

Stoneage Dinosaurs

Got a little chrome plugin that does it from a bunch of websites, bandcamp included. I can't look up the name now cause i'm on the bus but it's a fairly popular one I think

EDIT: scroblr apparently

shh

Just came across these oddballs, aPAtT, first thought was ooh that's a bit cardiacs.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7HPvl40e8bQ

itsfredtitmus

I used to listen to this on repeat but it kinda pisses me off now https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SYjIt1kerZ8

boki

Mike Vennart's new 'un totally channels Tim.  Looking forward to the new album as his solo debut was a corker.

Dirty Boy

This is something extraordinary - The entire STG album covered acapella. Took 'em four years to complete.

garbed_attic

Quote from: Dirty Boy on July 12, 2018, 02:01:12 PM
This is something extraordinary - The entire STG album covered acapella. Took 'em four years to complete.

ooooooh it's done! Have been enjoying some of the individual tracks over the years! Really joyous and just plain impressive!

garbed_attic

P.S. Unhappy fact - out of all my albums on CD, Cardiacs ones are the ones that have most reliably gone missing.

Brundle-Fly

boki

Who's going to the Spratley's Japs/Knifeworld/ZOFFF gig on Friday, then?

Neville Chamberlain

Stoneage Dinosaurs

i'm going! (posted this on the toilet so both interpretations are corect)

Hope I manage to bump into some more friendly CaBbers at this one, managed to miss both Neville and Dirty Boy at the Salisbury happening by way of not knowing they were actually there :/