Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 18, 2024, 02:56:10 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Bulletstorm

Started by micanio, August 18, 2011, 02:58:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

micanio

Apologies if I've missed a thread on this.

I got this today via Lovefilm. Fuck me. Possibly the most gaming fun I've had in a long time. Ridiculous, uber-violent, but what a laugh. Really well written (it's made me LOL a few times) and just so utterly over the top. The Skillpoint system is brilliant. You're constantly looking for different ways to off enemies. The storyline is pretty linear and theres a pretty major glitch that needed a restart from the start of that particular chapter, but it doesn't detract at all from the pure enjoyment of the game.

I'm currently on the 4th chapter and loving every second of it. I've had to tear myself away as I need to go to bed. It's been a while since a game really grabbed like that.

Also playing Crysis 2, which I thought was pretty awesome, but Bulletstorm blows it out of the water in terms of shear fun.

Any takers?

glitch

It seems to be in sales at the moment, so I might pick it up as I really enjoyed the demo and trying to beat friends' scores.

However Deus Ex is out before the end of the month so I might just save my cash...

Big Jack McBastard

For some reason I didn't gel with this game, not quite sure why. It had some impressive visuals (walking down the side of the building at the start looked lovely) running and gunning, laser whippy action, it just left me a bit cold....

I feel like maybe I've played too many other games with elements of what I saw in this one, obviously it's new and pretty but I just didn't get into it that much.