Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 24, 2024, 01:18:39 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Underwater Camera thread

Started by small_world, August 18, 2011, 09:34:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

small_world

This might be a bit specific... But I'll throw it out anyway, incase there's anyone on here who can help.

I'm in the market for a new underwater camera.
I've currently got a cheap (£25) vivtar, with case. But it's coming to the end of its life and I'm going on holiday in October, to Egypt, and will need a replacement before then.

Specs.
Under £60. (Preferably under £50)
I'll be diving to 10m. So waterproof to that depth would be great.
If the above criteria can be met, I'm looking to get the one with the most mega-pixels.
I'd prefer one which can be used through the day and night, out of the water, and if possible, without a case. I find the case on my current Vivtar to cause a bit of image degradation...

Thanks as always.

Famous Mortimer

There's loads of diving club forums you would probably fare better on.

Milo

Funnily enough, dpreview did a fresh group test of underwater ones just a couple of days ago:

http://dpreview.com/reviews/Q311waterproofcompactgrouptest/

However, none of them are remotely near your budget.

small_world

Ah cheers anyway. Thanks for the link too Milo.
I thought it was a bit of a long shot. I take too many pictures down there anyway, but I really want one to chronicle the moments leading up to my death by shark.

We got this one in Egypt last year, was one of the best things I've ever witnessed. The big guy was just a few metres off the beach. Really calm and majestic. Lethal too (I think).

Sivead

The Vivitar Vivicam 8400 claims to have the specs. The reviews on Amazon don't look good though.