Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 03:28:49 PM

Login with username, password and session length

VPNs and Hulu and such

Started by Famous Mortimer, August 22, 2011, 08:58:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Famous Mortimer

Anyone else watching anything on Hulu? I used to use Hotspot Shield (and still do, just not for that) and tried to watch a film on it earlier, but it won't let me on because I'm blocking them from showing me adverts. So, does anyone else watch it in any other format?

Or are there any excellent new programs that allow us Brits to cock a snook at international internet blockages?

I accept the terms of the

You shouldn't need commercial software with snappy names. I set up an SSH tunnel through my cheap Dreamhost web hosting account to view online stuff (it thinks I'm in the US because my hosting server is, that way). You should be able to do the same with other hosting accounts, or get somebody with a server in the US to set you up. You really shouldn't have to install anything to do this sort of thing.

MojoJojo

Um, installing something is cheaper/simpler than setting up a web host for the purpose though, shurly?
And also, I can set up ssh tunnels if I need to, but it's hardly the most convenient thing to do when you just want to watch some telly.

If you already have webspace or can find somebody to share some (which absolutely everyone can) then it's cheaper than paying for shitty software.