Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 09:35:09 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Limmy on Twitter and webcam [split topic]

Started by Neil, July 30, 2011, 09:09:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wet Blanket

I love Limmy, bought his DVD, always dip into his webcams and follow him on Twitter. I've not been on Twitter the last week or so though and it looks like I'm no longer following him, so presumably I've been blocked for not putting a twibbon on my avatar or something.

I suppose you've got to admire his give-a-shit attitude to his fans, but that's me isolated, and presumably lots of other folk too who otherwise couldn't fault him. 

Old Nehamkin

^ Do you have a default egg avatar? Because he did a mass blocking of everyone with those recently.

Wet Blanket

Shut my mouth, I'd overlooked him on account of his changing his name to Coco Jambo.

I was genuinely disappointed for a moment there. From now on I will be weak minded an do everything he says, just in case.

Artemis

Quote from: chocky909 on November 03, 2011, 02:51:54 AM
You're so weird Artemis. So determined to be contrary that you spout absolute rubbish sometimes.

That's rubbish itself though isn't it, attributing some spurious motivation because someone says something you disagree with.

I agree that what he's doing is nice, but I also agree with whoever said that he'll soon be 'the guy who used to be on TV'. Goodness knows why he isn't more successful, I do agree his two TV seasons were generally glorious.

QuoteAnd you want him to do panel shows?

Where did I say that?

Quote from: The Boston CrabAmen

Hopeless.

Onionlimit

I can't help but thinking everything he's getting the followers to do is some sort of trap.  Him saying he wont be on for a while seems suspicious, somehow.  There is something quite exciting about this (in Twitter terms) and the way he's involving the audience in his comedy is something genuinely refreshing. 

I also noticed from watching one his his webcams on Youtube, that someone in the chat posted an Amazon link to his second series on DVD.  It has no information, or anything worth getting excited about, but surely its' listing on there alone is confirmation.  And with the third series seemingly in the bag, it's probably definitely going to be happening soon, maybe.

Little Hoover

Yes! Retweeted as part of his "everyone with a Victor Mature avatar gets retweeted" scheme.

kitsofan34

So wait, is he tweeting this morning? Because I can't see any of his posts from this morning and when Igo on his account last night's goings on is no longer there. Have I been blocked? No, I didn't put his face as my avatar just to answer the inevitable question.

Little Hoover

Neil

Aw shite. I haven't been online for a week and wanted to see/archive this stuff as it was so well received on here. Did anyone save it?

DuncanC

The Library of Congress, I think. That doesn't help us much though.

Quote from: Artemis on November 03, 2011, 11:27:02 AM
Hopeless.

Sorry, I meant 'aw, man', you temporary boat-living whining bastard from hell.

Edit: 'from hell'.

kitsofan34

I thought he was doing it until december? Did he say anything at the end about deleting all his tweets or did the whole Coco Jambo thing just abruptly end?

Quote from: kitsofan34 on November 03, 2011, 05:38:16 PM
I thought he was doing it until december? Did he say anything at the end about deleting all his tweets or did the whole Coco Jambo thing just abruptly end?

It looks like it's just abruptly ended.  He's gone back to his old avatar and being "Brian Limond" again.

He did put a tweet up a little while back saying "when I said it was all over I meant it was all over.  It's all over.  Almost makes we want to bring Coco back", but it looks like he's now deleted that as well.

Viero_Berlotti

Part of me finds it all slightly tiresome, and I don't get chance to even read most of what he tweets sometimes. On the other hand he is like no other comedian on Twitter and he is embracing and using the medium in a fresh and unique way when most other comedians are either tweeting a combination of corny one liners, being chummy with their comedy mates, slagging off the Daily Mail and promoting the book/tour/dvd.

Neil

Puns are worse than AIDS multiplied by cancer.

Johnny Townmouse

Puns are like knock-knock jokes....on acid.

kitsofan34

Anyone who criticizes puns clearly hasn't seen James Richardson do them.

Depressed Beyond Tables

I have heard him do them. He certainly has a talent for tabloid headlines.

Am I missing a lot visually?

mcbpete

Yesterday's 'show' was one of the best of his webcams by far - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mjAgUPV_cVQ . I was grinning like a loon for the first 10 minutes.

Johnny Townmouse

I just do not understand how so many people can be following Limmy on Twitter who don't understand he is a wind-up merchant. The reactions to his tweet tonight about Feminists is utterly perplexing. I still think some of them are pretending to be offended to give him stuff to re-tweet, because otherwised the stupidity defies reason.

Edit: and then he tweets this:
"Whether it's sexism, bad spelling or an incorrect film title, I give people an opportunity to correct me. An opportunity to feel RIGHT."

Which, taken at face value, is absolutely right.

I don't think it's Limmy's followers who are reacting that way. More likely to be people who've searched for the #feministwishlist hashtag and found his tweets without any previous familiarity with him.

Little Hoover

Some of his comments are so ridiculous you'd think they'd tip anyone off that he's not being serious.

23 Daves

Quote from: Little Hoover on November 05, 2011, 08:14:05 PM
Some of his comments are so ridiculous you'd think they'd tip anyone off that he's not being serious.

To be fair, I've seen a lot of moronic stuff on social networking sites over the years - if I had no previous familiarity with him or his work, I might be taken in myself. 

McDead

He's doing something amazing on the Twitter at the moment - don't want to spoil it for anyone, but it's great. And something that I think could *only* be done on Twitter. Hereza link: http://twitter.com/#!/DaftLimmy

Johnny Townmouse

Precisely why I don't understand the Limmy on Twitter haters. That picture he is using as the avatar is fucking hilarious, and he is using the Mum part of it brilliantly.

Little Hoover

Posterity!

You take five normal people... Invite them into your home... Sit them on the... armchair... Ask them a few... personal questions... Tickle them a bit... And this is what you get!

Johnny Townmouse

"I'm Si I am one in blue and danger is one in red with big mouth.. mom doesn't like him LOL"

"@Mr_Warmth: @DaftLimmy why do people call him Danger?" cos he wants us to I don't now why lol"

Don, Aman

Watched this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kt5_KdgH9xg last night, I highly recommend you do too. Fucking unbelievable, the ending in particular.

George Oscar Bluth II

Crikey, Limmy's snared some Tories including Tim Montgomerie, editor of the apparently influential Con Home website. They're making a BIG thing of the BBC connection too, obviously.

QuoteI'd love to slide a samurai sword up Prince William's arse to the hilt, then yank it towards me like a door that won't fucking open.

QuoteThis is the best night of my life so far.

Thewaddler

Anyone following this now? Laughed out loud in my office when he changed his avatar to Stalin.