Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 10:10:52 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Limmy on Twitter and webcam [split topic]

Started by Neil, July 30, 2011, 09:09:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DuncanC

Yes! I am.

QuoteRT @TimMontgomerie Read tweets of BBC producer @DaftLimmy and remember that your licence fee is funding his hate via @MBarrettCH
QuoteRT @sarkisz @TimMontgomerie Did you see the comment from @daftlimmy about Prince William and the samurai sword? Incredible, really incredible.
QuoteRT @Alex_HustonNI @DaftLimmy: To my mind, there is no difference between what's going on in England right now and Nazi Germany. <- SACK this sick man @BBC

Brilliant stuff.

Onionlimit

OH wow, I don't think I've ever laughed at Twitter so much than I did checking his tweets from the last hour.  This is fucking amazing.  It's inspiring just how relentlessly he's going after people to have a go at him. 

And plugging his DVD was just beautifully done.

We're lucky to have him.  It's amazing just how much he's doing every single day.  And it's always something worth looking at.  Obviously, there's peaks and troughs, but the peaks are insanely high.

SimonJT

Hah, that shameless cunt Tim Montgomerie as a "BBC producer" - implying he's a commissioner, not a comedian.

Theremin

Masterful trolling.

Did anyone else bother to click through to the profile of @Alex_HustonNI, the one who screeched for the BBC to "SACK THIS SICK MAN"?

Sickmaking. There are very few things more upsetting in life than a young person identifying as a 'Coalition-sceptic Tory'.

Splendora

Quote from: Don, Aman on November 09, 2011, 02:12:41 PM
Watched this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kt5_KdgH9xg last night, I highly recommend you do too. Fucking unbelievable, the ending in particular.

Agreed, the ending completely floored me, couldn't stop laughing and smiling.  I love him so much.

George Oscar Bluth II

QuoteI assume @DaftLimmy is a spoof account? Otherwise we have walking proof of why we should scrap the license fee

Haha. Fuck Frozen Planet, a comedian is trolling on the internet! Shut the corporation down!

SOTS

Limmy confuses the fuck out of me... I mean, I find him funny but sometimes I can honestly not tell when he's taking the piss. Is the answer to this basically all the time?

Old Nehamkin

Don, Aman

Quote from: Splendora on November 09, 2011, 09:55:24 PM
Agreed, the ending completely floored me, couldn't stop laughing and smiling.  I love him so much.

Yes. All the people on the chat going, "COME ON LIMMY!! DON'T GET DEPRESSED"
Spoiler alert

then he slowly draws himself out of it.
[close]
Magnificent.

The story leading up to it too.

Onionlimit

"a Twitter rant on Twitter"

Hehehe. Excellent.

I really don't see how this has anything to do with the BBC.  He's not on TV when he's saying this or is it in anyway related to the BBC.  Is this just people with an anti-BBC agenda trying to grapple onto any scrap they can get, or is there some legitimate reason I'm missing?

It's still hilarious regardless.  I'm still impressed that people are 'reporting' on 'controversial' comments that have offended so many people, yet will gladly reprint them at any opportunity. 

EDIT: Just getting word that controversial 'comedian' Brian Limond has erupted into maniacal Twitter laughter on Twitter.

This is so fucking good.

webbtje

"If the #BBC Charter means anything they should #sackdaftlimmy @daftlimmy", says Francis Hoar on the twits. The man's a barrister.

Melodichaze

It's the kind of thing that'll probably lead to him losing the BAFTA though... I wonder how many complaints BBC Scotland has received so far?

Tokyo Sexwhale

It's only a Scottish BAFTA.  No-one will give a shit.

Onionlimit

As someone who has always been Scottish I didn't even know Scottish BAFTAs existed until fairly recently.

But since the revelation that such a shining beacon of hope could exist in this crazy, messed up world...

I still don't give a shit.

Though it would be good if he won.  Or didn't.

Neil

To be honset, I think most BBC peeps would steer clear of such controversy. But that's another reason why Limmy is the most exciting and restlessly creative British comedian to emerge since Chris Morris.

If he doesn't get the BAFTA for series two, then fuck them. It'll still be the greatest British sketch comedy since the Fast Show.

pk1yen

I've never read through any of his Twitters before, but I scrolled right down and read all these - and they just got better and better.
Absolutely fantastic.

More people should be trolling the idiotic anti-BBC Conservatives. It's such a fucking stupid opinion to have in the first place.

Little Hoover

I dip in and out of his twitter, as I'm often just not in the mood for it, but when he's on form he's great and he's been on form a lot lately.

Johnny Townmouse

I saw this week pestering Josie Long in an attempt to find out why she unfollowed him on Twitter. Not sure he got a reply on that one.

I guess there is a chance that this 'furore' could get in the way of another series being made, or the show being transmitted in England and Wales, but Limmy himself does not appear to give the slightest fuck. The funny thing is, he has said far worse about the Royals in the past. I guess outrage is still one of the best ways for the right to promote themselves by whipping up out of context frenzies. I fear this one will back-fire on our christian tory friend.

Wet Blanket

I think he's bested even his previous top form on this one. That 'DIE NOW' Thatcher avatar is hilarious.

I bet he's got his Tory antagonists genuinely baffled as well. I reckon they'd have expected him to back down or issue some sort of apology at the mere mention of 'controversy', but instead he's smashed through the barrier of fuck you. It's fantastic to watch.

Splendora

Quote from: Wet Blanket on November 10, 2011, 09:13:28 AM
I reckon they'd have expected him to back down or issue some sort of apology at the mere mention of 'controversy'

The best part is that he's made himself apology proof by apologising almost constantly.  He could issue the most sincere apology possible, fans and critics will love it (for two completely different reasons).

Edit:

Edit 2:

DuncanC

And there it goes. We are about to see Limmy's biggest and most sincere apology, ever.

DuncanC

He should superimpose the BBC logo in the corner of his webcam feed.

Rachel

It's now Sky Arts' Limmy Show. Masterful. 17k followers broken, netted a 40k fish, mission accomplished!
Shame he's deleted them (although it's really the only possible way forward), his twitstorms need to be kept for posterity somewhere.

Ballad of Ballard Berkley

Onionlimit

This is amazing.  Got up a bit too late to see the Thatcher avatar, but I've got his feed set to SMS from my phone, so I saw what happened.  Absolutely beautifully played.  And it looks like Coco Jambo is back now.

It's so good to actually be excited about a comedian again.  I don't think I can name a single comedian that has provided the same level of giddy laughter that Limmy has recently.

I might try and get the SMS tweets online if no-one else has kept them. 

EDIT: The site from last night have posted an article about his 'apology':

http://thedrum.co.uk/news/2011/11/10/limmy-apologised-controversial-tweets-tory-mp-louise-mensch-gets-involved

This just gets better and better.

What did jump to my attention was this:

QuoteThe BBC subsequently released a statement stating that he did not work for the organisation and that his comments were his own.

I'd like to think that was written to be reading while sighing heavily.  I don't think that has any relevance to the third series, but I'd be interested in reading it.  It sounds like the BBC stood up for themselves on this one which is nice to hear.

Cohaagen

Save your fingers, Onionlimit.

QuoteWould Prince William write to FIFA on behalf of the Scotland team wearing poppies? No. Cos he thinks ENGLAND won the war.

I'd love to slide a samurai sword up Prince William's arse to the hilt, then yank it towards me like a door that won't fucking open.

I don't gie a fuck if Prince William's the president of the English football whatever it is, we're talkin poppies here.

Absolutely fuck England and its royal wee family living it up while pensioners freeze to death.

England voted in the Tories KNOWING what would happen, just like Germany voted in the Nazis KNOWING what would happen. SAME PEOPLE.

To my mind, there is no difference between what's going on in England right now and Nazi Germany.

When England voted Tory they voted to plunge all people of Scotland, including the English here, into darkness, squalor and the common cold.

This is fucking excellent, I've got a shower of Tory cunts coming after me, retweeting everything.

This is the best night of my life so far.

Tim Montgomerie, Editor of @ConHome, founded Conservative Christian Fellowship @TimMontgomerie HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

COME INTAE ME, TORY SCUM, COME INTAE ME!!!!

I'm going to change my avatar to Stalin while I've got their attention, send them over the edge.

Buy my DVD in time for Christmas: http://tinyurl.com/limmydvd

If you want to gain 100 followers in an hour, like me, put "BBC" in your bio and wind up the Tories.

Netted a 17k+ follower Tory SHARK. It was THIS big. Night night.

Tory troller, Tory catcher, Tory eater.

Dear offended Tories, you stole our milk and next you plan to steal our sunrise. Fuck ye.

If I was to find out right now that Thatcher had died, I don't think my heart could take it. Jackpot.

How removed from reality must you be to not see Thatcher's death as a celebration?

My Die Now Thatcher avatar reminds me of the "DIE MORTAL" Jet Set Willy face.

That Tory has 17,191 followers. I had 16,550, but now have 16,937 thanks to him. And tomorrow I will overtake. HAHA. LOSER.

LouiseMensch Louise Mensch
"@DaftLimmy: If I was to find out right now that Thatcher had died, I don't think my heart could take it. Jackpot." is that his avatar, BBC?

Bingo.

Big time.

Just caught myself a blue whale.

This is big time, Lachance.

The Duck Man

Quote from: Theremin on November 09, 2011, 09:32:47 PMDid anyone else bother to click through to the profile of @Alex_HustonNI, the one who screeched for the BBC to "SACK THIS SICK MAN"?
I did - terrifying. He thinks Ron Paul is going to win the Republican nomination.

Glad to see Louise Mensch is giving preparation for James Murdoch today her full attention.