Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 5,574,320
  • Total Topics: 106,599
  • Online Today: 546
  • Online Ever: 3,311
  • (July 08, 2021, 03:14:41 AM)
Users Online
Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 16, 2024, 04:54:45 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Limmy on Twitter and webcam [split topic]

Started by Neil, July 30, 2011, 09:09:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pseudopath

Quote from: StewartLeehaslethimselfgo on March 21, 2018, 10:23:41 PM
I thought this homemade show was the patreon thing he was on about?

It was. However, the BBC came sniffing around and thought it was worth a punt, so nobody on Patreon ever got charged. The fact he's only managed to create a half-hour of footage since August 2017 (when he'd initially promised his Patrons an episode a month) is neither here nor there. *cough*

Custard

The bear outfit story from Daft Wee Stories had me in fits on the train yesterday. Desperately trying to hold it in. Gut-bursting

weaseldust

Quote from: Pseudopath on March 22, 2018, 12:46:41 AM
It was. However, the BBC came sniffing around and thought it was worth a punt, so nobody on Patreon ever got charged. The fact he's only managed to create a half-hour of footage since August 2017 (when he'd initially promised his Patrons an episode a month) is neither here nor there. *cough*

he tweeted a while back that it's all done, we're just seeing a pilot first i think

https://mobile.twitter.com/daftlimmy/status/956485437656305664

Bhazor

Anyone who liked Limmy's Beyond Two Souls videos should watch Adum Plaze's failing every button prompt playthrough of Beyond Two Souls. It is amazing and really drives home how shit the game is.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v9JxTlKm2KU

Malcy

He's playing GTA now. I tried watching but my signal is too poor at the moment.

Ferris

Quote from: Bhazor on March 22, 2018, 09:57:20 PM
Anyone who liked Limmy's Beyond Two Souls videos should watch Adum Plaze's failing every button prompt playthrough of Beyond Two Souls. It is amazing and really drives home how shit the game is.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v9JxTlKm2KU

I played a run through of Telltale's The Wolf Among Us just pressing circle every time out of interest. Made almost sod all difference, but I guess the fun is choosing which option, rather than the consequences of that action so not a good-faith fair play through.

jofo

I've got tickets for the Belfast vine show.

I know there's a Q&A after but  the tickets say it starts at  6pm....seems a bit early... I'm wondering if that's just doors opening and the show will start later. All the other dates seem to start at 8PM

Anybody been to the vines tour know how long the show will last?

Calistan

I'd say he'll tweet about it on the day. Jeffrey Lewis is playing an afternoon show in the same venue so I might just spend the whole day there.

magval

Does he do the standard comedian merch table thing? Would love to buy his books from him directly.

Custard

When you buy something off him he goes "right, ta"

Terryfuckwit

Quote from: FerriswheelBueller on May 02, 2018, 04:22:20 AM
I played a run through of Telltale's The Wolf Among Us just pressing circle every time out of interest. Made almost sod all difference, but I guess the fun is choosing which option, rather than the consequences of that action so not a good-faith fair play through.

I put whatever letters I wanted into a crossword just to see if it would work and it did, there wasn't an empty box to be seen by the time I was finished but I didn't find it remotely fun.

Ferris

Quote from: Calistan on May 02, 2018, 10:13:09 PM
I'd say he'll tweet about it on the day. Jeffrey Lewis is playing an afternoon show in the same venue so I might just spend the whole day there.

Jeff is worth seeing. Does a lot of crowd work and little jokes and stuff. Amazing day of content tbf

Calistan

My mate wasn't really up for Jeff, sadly. Should have just gone on my own. Limmy was good fun - it helped that I hadn't watched that hour of vines in about three years. Had a sore throat from laughing and I don't remember the ones of him spitting on pictures of the royal family? The Q&A was decent, albeit with a few "can you do Jacqueline?" type dull requests. He said he was told by the BBC that his homemade show was to be a pilot and then he noticed them calling it a "one-off show" in the lead up to its release so that diluted his excitement. Says he'll still release it regardless so that's good.

magval

Jesus there was nearly nothing but "Do [character]" demands, right enough. Hardly a fucking question, is it?

And the usual Belfast wans asking the visitor what they think of the city and inviting him out on the piss. Limmy, noted ex-alcoholic, handled this last request verrrry well.

He deals with dickheads like an expert primary school teacher, actually.

asids

I've seen Limmy do a Q&A a couple of times now and sadly the "dae Dee Dee!" dickheads are quite common. It's annoying as well because he does talk about interesting stuff when people actually ask him questions.

There is also the set of delusional people who think they can just ask a celebrity they know off the telly out for drinks or whatever and think they actually might say yes. I remember on Limmy's old webcams he used to do on Justin.tv, he would get these teenagers asking him to come to their party or whatever (since a middle-aged man randomly hanging about with 16 year olds he doesn't even know doesn't look dodgy as fuck at all) and he would then proceed to take the piss out of them, it was brilliant.

Quote from: Calistan on May 06, 2018, 10:42:25 PM
He said he was told by the BBC that his homemade show was to be a pilot and then he noticed them calling it a "one-off show" in the lead up to its release so that diluted his excitement. Says he'll still release it regardless so that's good.

By releasing "it" do you mean releasing the full series himself?

McFlymo

Quote from: magval on May 06, 2018, 11:33:16 PM
Jesus there was nearly nothing but "Do [character]" demands, right enough. Hardly a fucking question, is it?

And the usual Belfast wans asking the visitor what they think of the city and inviting him out on the piss. Limmy, noted ex-alcoholic, handled this last request verrrry well.

He deals with dickheads like an expert primary school teacher, actually.

I felt a bit old, sitting in front of the young'uns, asking Limmy to "get lit" with them. His fans appear to be 99% beardy nerds and meat head bros (1% or less, non-male) ... I wonder where the split is between Nerds and BRO-DOUCHEBAGS... 59/40?

Must confess, I had low expectations going into the gig, figured it would be: the Vines, quick Q&A, then bye!

It was!

However, I had forgotten the first 10 minutes or so of the vines were just abrasive Chris Cunningham / Aphex Twin style madness and I was helpless, crying with laughter, throughout. It's a pretty weird thing, to be in a room with about 500(?) people, watching (and being nearly deafened) by something which resembles the darkest recesses of a single man's imagination, splattered all over a big screen.

I can't wait for more of the Homemade Show!!

DukeDeMondo

Quote from: Calistan on May 06, 2018, 10:42:25 PM
He said he was told by the BBC that his homemade show was to be a pilot and then he noticed them calling it a "one-off show" in the lead up to its release so that diluted his excitement. Says he'll still release it regardless so that's good.

That was me asked him about that. I was all chuffed when he pointed at me. Oh, and as for the "release," if I remember right he said it would either be on the BBC or it would go to YouTube, but it would appear on one of them at some point.

It was wonderful, the whole thing. The vines worked far better in that sort of context than I expected them to. Brilliant, really.

I'm trying to remember some of the other things he said in the Q&A that might be interesting to hear about. I remember he said he had no interest in doing "stand-up" as such, but that he did like the idea of staging some hour-long improvisational things, like the webcams but with a live audience. He said it could work really well or it could be shite, but he'd like to try it. I'd like to see that happen, I think.

I was surprised by how much he seemed to dislike series 3 of Limmy's Show. Gave it a bit of a kicking, really. Said he shouldn't have done it for he had nowhere to take the characters and there was little point to any of it. I really like the third series, dunno what he's banging on about, but there you go. There'll be no more of it, anyway, he said. 

I can't remember very much else.

magval

Quote from: DukeDeMondo on May 09, 2018, 11:03:58 PM

I was surprised by how much he seemed to dislike series 3 of Limmy's Show. Gave it a bit of a kicking, really. Said he shouldn't have done it for he had nowhere to take the characters and there was little point to any of it. I really like the third series, dunno what he's banging on about, but there you go. There'll be no more of it, anyway, he said. 

I could tell even when it was broadcast that he wasn't enjoying it. It's extremely shit compared to the first two. Few good sketches in there but it's mostly just going through the motions. Wasn't BUILDING BRICKS in series three, though? That killed me first time.

Twed

Ron Superior

I'm really enjoying the fun Limmy's having with Tommy Robinson. This thread from after the England match is incredible:

https://twitter.com/DaftLimmy/status/1014252636210593798?s=19

Sgt. Duckie

He swindled me out of 40k the other night.

hummingofevil

Limmy seems to have discovered Carly Rae Jepsen's more recent works. As a long suffering "straight" who dabbles in the very homo-exclusive CRJ stan-world I look forward to seeing how this develops.  EMOTION is a masterpiece. As is EMOTION side B. Go listen.

asids

Limmy's always been quite into (I don't know a better word for it) "gay" pop though hasn't he? All the 80's stuff he used to play on his webcams, which actually got me right into a lot of that (especially Italo disco/Hi-NRG).

And yes, CRJ is great.

VelourSpirit

Hewwo
This stream on right now has been the best Overwatch stream he's done thanks to his dynamic with a rando girl who's clearly been on tumblr a lot, recommend people watch it it's just pure joy

Pebble_Mill

Limmys been streaming the Telltale games point and click story game The Walking Dead recently. Maybe one for the completists but I've enjoyed it. He hates it, obviously, and if you hate things too, you may enjoy it.

Malcy

Quote from: Pebble_Mill on September 19, 2018, 10:59:35 PM
Limmys been streaming the Telltale games point and click story game The Walking Dead recently. Maybe one for the completists but I've enjoyed it. He hates it, obviously, and if you hate things too, you may enjoy it.

It's been funny seeing him pause it and ponder what the fuck is going on anytime something ridiculous happens!

madhair60

Quote from: hummingofevil on July 06, 2018, 01:04:52 AM
Limmy seems to have discovered Carly Rae Jepsen's more recent works. As a long suffering "straight" who dabbles in the very homo-exclusive CRJ stan-world I look forward to seeing how this develops.  EMOTION is a masterpiece. As is EMOTION side B. Go listen.

Finally. A friend

Malcy

Said on his GTA stream tonight that the autobiography should be out in February. Your dates are announced on Monday and go on sale Friday.

alan nagsworth

Quote from: hummingofevil on July 06, 2018, 01:04:52 AM
Quote from: madhair60 on September 19, 2018, 11:38:30 PM
Finally. A friend

hey i'm in the exact same boat (except i don't dabble, i writhe about in it), lets party some time