Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 08:45:07 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Limmy on Twitter and webcam [split topic]

Started by Neil, July 30, 2011, 09:09:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cuellar

His but at the end of a 'morning motivator' about wanting to die in such a way as to ruin his son's memory of him was hysterical.

kitsofan34

is it some sort of bizarre necessity for twitch streamers to thank every single new subscriber?

wobinidan

Well subscribers are paying money. And Limmy overdoes it with the thank yous, but that smile is so genuine and so fucking sarcastic at the same time that I enjoy it. He can be in the middle of an angry rant and then immediately switch on that smile, and then immediately back to the rant. If it was anyone else, I would hate it, but it's Limmy. It's Limmy for fuck sake.

Z

It's probably levelled out some now that he's been there a while, but there was a video I watched of him on twitch where it was literally just 30 minutes of him thanking subscribers

Noodle Lizard

Quote from: Cuellar on November 23, 2018, 05:20:57 PM
His but at the end of a 'morning motivator' about wanting to die in such a way as to ruin his son's memory of him was hysterical.

You don't remember which one this was, do you?

Cuellar

Depressed Beyond Tables

He should do what other twitch users do and thank new subs and donators individually at the end of the stream.

FsF

Limmy hitting 2000 Twitch subscribers, fishing out his Falconhoof wig, and then portraying 'washed up Limmy in a Falconhoof wig having a breakdown on stream' is one of the funniest things I've ever seen. The man deserves every ounce of success he gets.

pancreas

Twed

Did he record it in two passes or is it just my addled brain not being able to reconcile the switching between two cameras?

Zetetic

I think it's just one camera, but switching between flipped and non-flipped (and background of course.)

McFlymo

There's a moment in The Roast Chicken that I am struggling to comprehend is part of one take.
I understand Limmy is flipping between camera perspectives / mirroring / zooming and it's all one take, but I still can't get over him being able to pull off this switch, which happens around 7:43 and 7:46 https://youtu.be/JZRosTZHzAU?t=463 ... I've replayed it a few times, slightly suspect that it can't possibly be all in one take.

How much of that story do you think he had in his head before he started? Maybe just the ending? Maybe he was figuring out the ending when he got to a certain point in the middle?

FsF

I reckon he only figured out the ending when he started laughing, going "it's funny that...", about 2/3 through.

kitsofan34

Limmy said yesterday that he intends to be doing this twitch lark full time, for the rest of his life. Reading it back again it seems like a joke (even though he goes on to say it isn't) but how would we feel about Limmy fully doubling down on his twitch career? Is it a sad demise of a once promising talent, or does it really matter if he's bringing us things like The Roast Chicken and the Falconhoof breakdown?

Cuellar

Quote from: FsF on November 26, 2018, 12:02:31 AM
Limmy hitting 2000 Twitch subscribers, fishing out his Falconhoof wig, and then portraying 'washed up Limmy in a Falconhoof wig having a breakdown on stream' is one of the funniest things I've ever seen. The man deserves every ounce of success he gets.

Which one was this?!

DoesNotFollow

Quote from: kitsofan34 on November 26, 2018, 09:51:00 AM
Limmy said yesterday that he intends to be doing this twitch lark full time, for the rest of his life. Reading it back again it seems like a joke (even though he goes on to say it isn't) but how would we feel about Limmy fully doubling down on his twitch career? Is it a sad demise of a once promising talent, or does it really matter if he's bringing us things like The Roast Chicken and the Falconhoof breakdown?

With three telly series', two books, the live shows etc. I'd say he's delivered on any so-called promise. He mentioned in his mental health chat about happiness being the only thing that matters, and if this is what's making him happy right now I say good for the guy.

Pseudopath

Although if the abrupt end to one of his recent Morning Motivators is to be believed, he did have a meeting scheduled with the BBC (which he had to rearrange through forgetfulness). Maybe they're still interested in more Homemade Show or one of his sitcom scripts?

FsF

Quote from: Cuellar on November 26, 2018, 09:57:45 AM
Which one was this?!

It starts here and lasts about half an hour. The desolation starts kicking in around here.

Seeing this on his Twitter reminded me of a animation tutorial he did years ago which used this picture. A quick search on YT and I can't see it. Can anyone give me a link?

Twed

Cheers but I think there was a animation tutorial video? It was a while ago so i may be misremembering

Quote from: Special K on December 23, 2018, 10:51:10 PM
Seeing this on his Twitter reminded me of a animation tutorial he did years ago which used this picture. A quick search on YT and I can't see it. Can anyone give me a link?

Found it https://youtu.be/XU0WgDpHf1w

monolith

Quote from: FsF on November 26, 2018, 12:02:31 AM

Have you got a link for this video? Can't seem to find it.

magval

McFlymo

OoooOOoo there are now 15 new Limmy Improv Story videos up on thon YouTooobs!!

ajsmith2

He reeled and landed Paul Joseph Watson today with his latest 'cancelled' tweet about The Rock:

https://twitter.com/PrisonPlanet/status/1084530465351127040

marquis_de_sad

Quote from: ajsmith2 on January 13, 2019, 11:11:04 PM
He reeled and landed Paul Joseph Watson today with his latest 'cancelled' tweet about The Rock:

Why is PJW so thick?

Duckula

Quote from: ajsmith2 on January 13, 2019, 11:11:04 PM

Shooting fish in a barrel with that cunt.