Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 04:50:55 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Limmy on Twitter and webcam [split topic]

Started by Neil, July 30, 2011, 09:09:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ferris

Quote from: Hey, Punk! on April 14, 2019, 01:36:29 PM
I mentioned it a few days earlier, but Late Shift is pretty good. Especially when he's mocking the lead's accent.

Very much agree with this. Really had me laughing.

Enzo

Cuellar

Quote from: giveover on April 14, 2019, 01:34:58 PM
What are some of the best gaming streams he's done?

When he got back into Contradiction that was good.

If his Life Is Strange and Firewatch videos are up anywhere still they're great.

Malcy

Quote from: Cuellar on April 18, 2019, 10:10:33 AM
When he got back into Contradiction that was good.

If his Life Is Strange and Firewatch videos are up anywhere still they're great.

Life Is Strange is on YouTube. Just started watching them.

Bently Sheds

https://twitter.com/RabbitHoleLIVE/status/1120728638310223873?s=19

Iain Lee is upset that Limmy didn't come on his radio show after his gig last night. Limmy says he wasn't invited. Limmy fans now piling on Iain Lee. Not sure if this is for real or a Limmy/Lee trolling of their followers.

Malcy

Quote from: Bently Sheds on April 24, 2019, 08:51:57 AM
https://twitter.com/RabbitHoleLIVE/status/1120728638310223873?s=19

Iain Lee is upset that Limmy didn't come on his radio show after his gig last night. Limmy says he wasn't invited. Limmy fans now piling on Iain Lee. Not sure if this is for real or a Limmy/Lee trolling of their followers.

Sad and pretty pathetic. Why is Danny Baker trying to get involved? Odd.

Cuellar

Ballad of Ballard Berkley

Quote from: Malcy on April 24, 2019, 09:52:29 AM
Sad and pretty pathetic. Why is Danny Baker trying to get involved? Odd.

They're just pissing about, it's not serious.

trabuch

Definitely trolling. But I am really starting to tire of Danny Baker.

Ballad of Ballard Berkley

Quote from: trabuch on April 24, 2019, 10:34:07 AM
Definitely trolling. But I am really starting to tire of Danny Baker.

What's wrong with what he tweeted? He and Iain are friends, he's just playing along.

Malcy

Edmonds

Hilarious that Limmy's Twitter brigade, who pretty much worship the trolling he does there, seem utterly oblivious to the trolling by Iain Lee or the very obvious fact that they're both just messing around. Lee was too aggressive ("I've got a proper job, unlike him") which gave the game away.

Dr Sanchez

Quote from: Edmonds on April 26, 2019, 09:32:27 AM
Hilarious that Limmy's Twitter brigade, who pretty much worship the trolling he does there, seem utterly oblivious to the trolling by Iain Lee or the very obvious fact that they're both just messing around. Lee was too aggressive ("I've got a proper job, unlike him") which gave the game away.

I get the impression that hardcore Limmy fans are utter idiots who just spew catchphrases and post gifs of classic characters all day. They somehow think because Limmy is clever and funny that they are too but cases like the Iain Lee trolling expose them. They also ruin Limmy's watsapp pranks on Twitter now too because they can't help but post obvious memes or catchphrases that give the game away.

hummingofevil

Quote from: Dr Sanchez on April 26, 2019, 03:46:20 PM
I get the impression that hardcore Limmy fans are utter idiots who just spew catchphrases and post gifs of classic characters all day. They somehow think because Limmy is clever and funny that they are too but cases like the Iain Lee trolling expose them. They also ruin Limmy's watsapp pranks on Twitter now too because they can't help but post obvious memes or catchphrases that give the game away.

A Limmy live Q&A is a frustrating experience. The pleasure of his company whilst surrounded by bleating morons. He does a pretty good job of moderating the worst elements I suppose. And the Limmy Live full on stage show in Glasgow a few years back was utterly brilliant in part because of the mental Saturday night crowd screaming at out shit all night.

Dr Sanchez

Quote from: hummingofevil on April 26, 2019, 04:00:47 PM
A Limmy live Q&A is a frustrating experience. The pleasure of his company whilst surrounded by bleating morons. He does a pretty good job of moderating the worst elements I suppose. And the Limmy Live full on stage show in Glasgow a few years back was utterly brilliant in part because of the mental Saturday night crowd screaming at out shit all night.

I'm put off those Q&A events for that very reason.

I went to an It's Always Sunny In Philadelphia quiz night in a pub a few years ago and it almost put me off the show for life. The amount of wankers shouting out catchphrases and being obnoxious,  in some kind of attempt to emulate these characters was infuriating.

Malcy

The Q&A's seem to have a lot of people expecting him to be doing some sort of stand up Frankie Boyle audience attack thing and full of people who think they are hilarious for asking stupid or offensive questions. At his last book tour I wanted to kill people.

It's good that he does the character stuff at the beginning to get it out the way and it works to a certain extent. Still arseholes who like to ruin it though.

Best place I saw him was in Cork. 2/3rds empty theatre, well behaved crowd and the questions asked were by people who had decent things to ask about and were genuinely interested in his answers.

Unlike the recent Glasgow gig with questions like "Who killed Madeline McCann" & saying things about his son which he just ignored but could see he felt like going at them.

Dr Sanchez

I don't understand the mind frame of people who think that shouting a catchphrase at the creator of the catchphrase is funny or clever. This is the kind of behaviour that led actors like Richard "I don't believe it"  Wilson to hate going out in public.

Limmy is making a killing out of these morons though so I doubt he'd ever publicly out them.

mr. logic

Is he okay in general? I read his autobiography the other day and it read quite tragically. Just spews unhappiness page after page.

hummingofevil

His first Newcastle show in the Mining Institute was rather lovely. Small intimate audience in beautiful room. He sat in a throne.

In Glasgow for the Limmy Live stage show it was a Saturday night and was genuinely mental. People shouting out catchphrases at the wrong time and generally being rowdy as fuck. During Kill Jester one audience member ran to the front aisle and was pointing and screaming at Kirsten McClean "KILL HER, FUCKING KILL HER! KILL HER!!!" It was genuinely a bit creepy. Limmy stopped me outside a Seymour Mace show a few months later (I had my She Turned The Weans Against Us shirt on) and he told us that she was genuinely a bit upset back stage, to which we agreed that maybe the guy went a bit far only for Limmy to inform us that he thought it was funny. No idea if he was winding us up or not.

It did lead to one of the funniest moments of my life though. During the paracide bit the story was he was contacting the school teacher of the person doing the reading (one of the actors as audience stooge). The joke was that the teacher remember him but as the kid from school with no friends who was bullied. The twist at the end of the reading was something like this.

"Oh... and one other thing. Steve. The boy who bullied you. Well he fell on hard times after he left school and eventually left home. Got in with the wrong crowd and drugs and.... well.... he ended up having a heroin overdose... and died."

At which point a single voice in a room with maybe 2000 people in it stood up in the circle and shouted "YYYYEEEEEAAAASSSSS.". I was dying laughing.

Dr Sanchez

Quote from: mr. logic on April 26, 2019, 09:23:34 PM
Is he okay in general? I read his autobiography the other day and it read quite tragically. Just spews unhappiness page after page.

He's very open about his struggles with depression and mental health. Only last night on his live stream he was saying that even small things like opening his emails can be hard as fuck some days.

I think he's probably going to always struggle with it to some degree.

canadagoose

Quote from: Dr Sanchez on April 26, 2019, 11:48:49 PM
He's very open about his struggles with depression and mental health. Only last night on his live stream he was saying that even small things like opening his emails can be hard as fuck some days.

I think he's probably going to always struggle with it to some degree.

I've become a real fan of his streams. Started watching them regularly about a fortnight ago, but forgot the last couple of nights. Might try again tonight.

Dr Sanchez

Quote from: canadagoose on April 27, 2019, 01:22:12 PM
I've become a real fan of his streams. Started watching them regularly about a fortnight ago, but forgot the last couple of nights. Might try again tonight.

Me too.

I stay up to all hours most nights watching him truckin' through the US. It has a very calming effect on me. My girlfriend thinks I've lost it but she doesn't "get" these things.

Twed

Yeah, these are getting me through life. It's like being a teenager and having proper friends you'd be silly with, instead of stupid adult friends.

up_the_hampipe

Quote from: Dr Sanchez on April 27, 2019, 08:20:55 PM
Me too.

I stay up to all hours most nights watching him truckin' through the US. It has a very calming effect on me. My girlfriend thinks I've lost it but she doesn't "get" these things.

His partner doesn't seem to get it either https://twitter.com/Lynn_McGoo/status/1122407971449901056

Goldentony

How are the Long Dark streams he's done? Watched another guy playing through them pretty straight forward and I love snowy survivalist shit

Enzo

Hey, Punk!

Thought that was Harry Enfield for a split second.

Dr Sanchez

I thought his improv stuff the other night was really poor. He seemed drained of inspiration. He says that he's writing these days so perhaps he's spunking all of his creative juices into that.