Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 01:25:19 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Limmy on Twitter and webcam [split topic]

Started by Neil, July 30, 2011, 09:09:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Clownbaby

Quote from: Dr Sanchez on April 26, 2019, 04:57:32 PM
I'm put off those Q&A events for that very reason.

I went to an It's Always Sunny In Philadelphia quiz night in a pub a few years ago and it almost put me off the show for life. The amount of wankers shouting out catchphrases and being obnoxious,  in some kind of attempt to emulate these characters was infuriating.

Oh I can imagine. I don't actually enjoy meeting other fans of something I really like. Just cause you like the same thing doesn't mean you'll liek the person.

When Filthy Frank was still on the go I was a fan of his Youtube Channel but everyone I met in person who also liked Filthy Frank was a socially awkward memelord wanker

Calistan

Actually cried with laughter watching some of the karaoke videos, especially when he worked in his nightclub face.

giveover

Anyone know what the Richard E Grant tweet yesterday afternoon was about? It said "make Kelvin a mod" then tagged Limmy. It's been deleted now after Limmy retweeted it, no mention of context on eithers profile now.

Old Nehamkin

Quote from: giveover on May 14, 2019, 08:15:03 PM
Anyone know what the Richard E Grant tweet yesterday afternoon was about? It said "make Kelvin a mod" then tagged Limmy. It's been deleted now after Limmy retweeted it, no mention of context on eithers profile now.

That's sparked my memory of Tim Heidecker tweeting at Limmy to "unban Kelvin" a couple of years ago:

https://twitter.com/timheidecker/status/847193183301754880?s=19

No idea who Kelvin is or how he's leveraging these disparate celebrities to appeal to Limmy on his behalf, though.

Calistan

Heh, came to post that too. It's amazing.

chveik

bgmnts

Limmy doing Stan in his silly accent is great.

Calistan

I'll dig up the links later but the renditions of Rehab and Never Going To Give You Up (where he revisits his 'nightclub face' - love him trying to hold in his laughter throughout the song) are now two of my favourite ever videos. Glorious.

giveover

That Stan video is amazing, but how does this Twitch Sings thing work? Could she hear him sing at the same time, and vice versa, or does it get combined at the end?

Custard

The karaoke videos are amazingly funny.

Here's a couple of favourites

Working with an UNPROFESSIONAL
https://youtu.be/TjLGD9vmdhE

Relax
https://youtu.be/7SQtIHdg7fU

That's my bit!
https://youtu.be/D9f05HEe86Y

And this one, which against all odds is utterly beautiful. Bright Eyes
https://youtu.be/PnjsdXDC87Q

Twed

My apartment neighbor are a 40-something couple, terrible, I've had to intervene and call the police when I've heard the man one being abusive. They have an unseen son who must be 20-ish who I often hear tunelessly singing the most mainstream, obvious songs. I would never complain about it because he has a horrible dad, and I just thought he was singing showtunes and power pop because he's gay or something. Good for him.

I've realised he's probably just been playing this.

madhair60

Quote from: Twed on May 30, 2019, 02:57:02 AM
My apartment neighbor are a 40-something couple, terrible, I've had to intervene and call the police when I've heard the man one being abusive. They have an unseen son who must be 20-ish who I often hear tunelessly singing the most mainstream, obvious songs. I would never complain about it because he has a horrible dad, and I just thought he was singing showtunes and power pop because he's gay or something. Good for him.

I've realised he's probably just been playing this.

It's you isn't it.

Twed

Worth it if I get to be 20. Unless you meant the 40-something wife beater (which would also be worth it because I'd get to brutalize a wife)

Dr Sanchez

I love the fact that this 44 year old man is sitting in his loft singing quietly with strangers on the Internet at 2am while his girlfriend and child sleep.

Living the dream.

Twed

Wouldn't it be chilling if Limmy snapped and killed them and then streamed for a week before anybody found out?

Likely too.

Custard

I love the karaoke videos, as they clearly don't know who he is. So when he starts his singing and dancing their reactions are hilarious. Limmy's angry nightclub dancing will never not be funny

I keep going back to the Two Princes video, as it's just amazing from start to finish. From Limmy trying to imitate and ingratiate himself with the bloke by twisting his cap to match him, to him quickly turning on him and absolutely fucking hating him by the end. The added factor of the other bloke completely blanking it all makes it even funnier

kitsofan34

Does anyone know for certain, one way or another, whether his karaoke collaborators can see him?

Utter Shit

I love Limmy's new thing of retweeting pictures of animals being cute, pretending that he's an expert in that particular breed and asserting that the animal's behaviour is actually evidence that it is frightened or hurt. He's so good at nailing a person's tone, even in text form. That "OK, so." bit at the start is exactly the sort of self-importance those tweets usually start with.

https://twitter.com/DaftLimmy/status/1136008841089421313

Dr Sanchez

Quote from: Shameless Custard on June 06, 2019, 08:58:11 AM
I love the karaoke videos, as they clearly don't know who he is. So when he starts his singing and dancing their reactions are hilarious. Limmy's angry nightclub dancing will never not be funny

I keep going back to the Two Princes video, as it's just amazing from start to finish. From Limmy trying to imitate and ingratiate himself with the bloke by twisting his cap to match him, to him quickly turning on him and absolutely fucking hating him by the end. The added factor of the other bloke completely blanking it all makes it even funnier

The other person records their parts separately and can't see Limmy. That's why there's no reaction.

Limmy goes into Twitch Sings and picks videos that have already been made and then reacts to them as if it's live.

willy crossit

Quote from: Utter Shit on June 06, 2019, 10:03:29 AM
I love Limmy's new thing of retweeting pictures of animals being cute, pretending that he's an expert in that particular breed and asserting that the animal's behaviour is actually evidence that it is frightened or hurt. He's so good at nailing a person's tone, even in text form. That "OK, so." bit at the start is exactly the sort of self-importance those tweets usually start with.

https://twitter.com/DaftLimmy/status/1136008841089421313

my favourite https://twitter.com/DaftLimmy/status/928937656792346624

Cuellar

Custard

Quote from: Dr Sanchez on June 06, 2019, 12:30:12 PM
The other person records their parts separately and can't see Limmy. That's why there's no reaction.

Limmy goes into Twitch Sings and picks videos that have already been made and then reacts to them as if it's live.

Ah, fuck. NEXT YOU'LL BE TELLING US THERES NO SANTY CLAUS

VelourSpirit

edit - didn't see dr sanchez had already explained the twitch sings thing

He spent ages on stream yesterday arguing with someone about whether it's okay to drink and cycle. Absolutely mind-numbing but it became hilarious in the end when I kept tuning out and then realising he was still repeating the exact same point 5 minutes later.

Cuellar

Dr Sanchez

Quote from: TwinPeaks on June 06, 2019, 02:16:42 PM
They can't see him, they're pre-recorded by others who were singing along to someone else's pre-recorded video

He has started to complete his own videos so people can sing along with him and react but it's not bore much fruit as of yet.

VelourSpirit

Quote from: Dr Sanchez on June 06, 2019, 02:23:29 PM
He has started to complete his own videos so people can sing along with him and react but it's not bore much fruit as of yet.

The accidentally funny ones are definitely better to react to but I'd love to see someone normal faced with Limmy's 'blehem' face