Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 12:29:55 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Limmy on Twitter and webcam [split topic]

Started by Neil, July 30, 2011, 09:09:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bgmnts

Aye this is a all a joke but Iain Lee seems naturally condescending towards people phoning in, that kind of wound me up.

Rizla

Quote from: The Always Red Society on June 18, 2019, 11:27:02 AM
Not listened but that 100% sounds like the kind of thing Iain Lee does for fun. He's a fan of that sort of Tommy Boyd style wind up. He retweeded Limmy thanking him this morning too.

Larks, I reckon.
That were not no larks, that was 100% proper nabbed-wanking on Lee's part. Nailed himself to the wall. If he's trying to make out it was some character comedy, that is desperate. (If it was larks, then Ian Lee is an anti-comedy uber genius, Heidecker times Kaufman squared. But it's not).

Dr Sanchez

Limmy seemed 100% properly fucked off with Iain Lee last night. Not his usual faux outrage.

Now he seems to be turning into something else. Like it wasn't serious and that he and Iain were in on it.  Maybe he's afraid he'll get stick for "attacking" the mentally unstable Lee?

I don't know but the immediate 4th wall break by Limmy seemed out of sorts.

bgmnts

How people would know when Limmy is being serious I have no fucking clue.

Chollis

I liked him trying to remember if it was the Iron Bank of Braavos he'd have to get involved

Dr Sanchez

Quote from: bgmnts on June 18, 2019, 01:21:17 PM
How people would know when Limmy is being serious I have no fucking clue.

I've noticed that he'll deliberately do a little wry smirk when he's going off on a rant about something that he's not actually serious about.

He was doing that last night until Iain Lee started acting a bit of a cock and then I noticed his face dropped and he looked almost embarrassed.

But what the fuck do I know? He probably doesn't even know when he's being serious or not.

Pancake

Was willing someone to call in to Iains show with the whole 'ah lost three year of ma life to heroin and another four year to the methadone that was supposed ter get me aff it'. Meta patter theft.

Quote from: bgmnts on June 18, 2019, 12:05:32 AM
Caught the tail end of his stream tonight and he was listening to Iain Lee. Was in hysterics. Fuck knows what happened but seemed to miss one of the best streams he's done. Fuck.

Edit - http://www.twitch.tv/limmy/v/440476021?sr=a&t=5092s

Update - from the sounds of the chat in Limmy's stream, Iain Lee seems to be having a bit of a breakdown.

Jesus, this was hilarious. But I have to fall on the side of this being pure patter on both sides.

Enzo

VelourSpirit

Genuinely don't think it was all good spirited. Lee will play it off that way but he was getting properly irate. You hear the bit where he spat in his hand and rubbed it in his co-host's face? All had an unnerving air of 'haha look I'm mad we're all having a good time!!!'.

Dr Sanchez

Iain Lee isn't very funny is he? He's not completely unfunny but he's like your try hard mate who says something funny occasionally but constantly refers to it.

I also dislike the term 'patter' it looks like a word that describes the sound cow shit makes when it hits the ground.

Twed

Quote from: TwinPeaks on June 18, 2019, 11:48:37 PM
Genuinely don't think it was all good spirited. Lee will play it off that way but he was getting properly irate. You hear the bit where he spat in his hand and rubbed it in his co-host's face? All had an unnerving air of 'haha look I'm mad we're all having a good time!!!'.
He's just not as good at this as Limmy. Dr Sanchez has it right I think.

Limmy's angry playfulness is how I imagine him and his mates messing around at Millport. It probably did end up with the kind of punch ups that only the best friends of your youth can have, once in a while.

I made myself sad.

Twed

Fuck, is Twitch the answer to "how do I get there"?

bgmnts

Currently listening to his autobiography; lots of "whoa just like me moments, some brutal honesty and obviously surprisingly down to earth and VERY funny.

Ballad of Ballard Berkley

Whenever Iain Lee and Limmy have an angry confrontation like this it is, without question, entirely fabricated. 100%. They both love winding people up, they're kindred spirits.

up_the_hampipe

Yeah, it's mucking about from both. Iain Lee calling Limmy's fans "vermin and heroin abusers" was very funny. A pair of pot-stirrers. Hopefully Limmy's mob don't take it too seriously and bully Lee though.

C_Larence

QuoteI just want to say that the patterwar between me and @iainlee is now over. I hope everybody knows it was just a laugh and I like him and everything.

I'd like to say thanks to Iain for all the drama, it was a fantastic Monday night.

From Limmy's twitter. Sounds to me like his fans got a bit overzealous, don't see any other reason he'd end the joke this quickly.

Chollis

Somebody firebombed Iain's home apparently

hummingofevil

Having chatted to Limmy in the street once I can confirm he is impossible to read. We told him about the show in Glasgow where there was a fan screaming at Kirstin McLean (as Jester) to "DIE, DIE, DIE... FUCKING DIE", it was all a bit much even though that was the joke. He told us that "yeah, she was quite upset about that" to which we pointed out that "it was a bit much aye" to which he replied that her being upset was "funny". We smiled thinking he was winding us up now but he didn't crack. To this day I couldn't tell you whether he geniunely found her being upset funny (or even if she was even upset in the first place).

We got chatting because I was wearing my WEENS t-shirt to a Seymour Mace gig we both attended. That is all.

Dr Sanchez

Limmy's core fan base contain some right fucking nob ends.

imitationleather

Quote from: Dr Sanchez on June 19, 2019, 02:35:20 PM

Bit harsh on hummingofevil.

Captain Z

Limmy's core fan base contain some right fucking scum, vermin, heroin abusers...

True of any fan base, there's this Chris Morris fan site I go on that's ridden with them.

I can't believe people don't get when he's just entertaining himself which is all the time.

peanutbutter

Quote from: The Boston Crab on June 19, 2019, 06:30:12 PM
I can't believe people don't get when he's just entertaining himself which is all the time.
Nah, not when he's talking about depression. Can't say I've ever seen him go very far in the name of entertaining himself without showing any care for how the targets respond either, as far as causing genuine hurt/upset/etc

I'd say it's somewhere between entertaining himself and having a laugh, numbed out to the point that he finds it hard to take anything seriously. Works for him though so fair enough.

hummingofevil

Quote from: imitationleather on June 19, 2019, 02:36:19 PM
Bit harsh on hummingofevil.

He's turned the weens against me. :)

I've always just assumed Limmy is always taking the piss and it's all part of his way of dealing with the good and bad in life. I've not got round to reading the biography yet (holiday next week so will make it a plan) but whenever I've seen him the ease with which he dryly takes the piss out of people in the room being unsensitive dickheads always tickles me.

"Questions. Guy there two rows back. Yes you mate in the sunglasses inside?"

"What's the maddest FUCKING BENDER you have ever been on you fucking legend mate; let's do loads of pills and get fucked up you legend!"

"You do know I'm an alcoholic yeah?"

"Yeah, fucking legend. Love getting fucked up me. What's the MOST FUCKING mad thing you've ever done?"

"Well there was this time when I looked into the eyes of my 2 year old son and didn't really care if I was alive or dead."

"FUCKING LEGEND MATE."

---

I've seen him have conversations like that more than once and you know he is fucking tickling himself (as well as being brutally honest).

Rewatching the Iain Lee stream, fucking gold. "We've just had a patter baby".

Bently Sheds

Fucking hell, Limmy man; you're on holiday. Have a week's holiday, for fucksake.