Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 11:01:42 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Limmy on Twitter and webcam [split topic]

Started by Neil, July 30, 2011, 09:09:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bgmnts

"Ted mate, are you about to make a joke off the top of your head? Are you sure?"

Laughing my fucking head off at these. More of this Limmy please.

H-O-W-L

I tried watching the full streams of his ETS2 and Life is Strange gameplay the other day and honestly I couldn't sit through them. Loved some moments, they were pure fucking gold, but the amount of times he painfully re-starts an anecdote because he's had to stop to say "thanks fer' the resub" like 90 times in a second is interminable.

bgmnts

Thats why I never watch his streams. I'll check out his highlights he puts up on youtube mostly and they're golden byt how people can sit through streams I do not know.

thugler

Quote from: bgmnts on January 31, 2020, 12:25:25 AM
Fucking hell the 321 vid is 24 carat gold.

Yeah enjoyed the hell out of that. I'd love to watch him do more of that sort of thing. Just effortlessly funny

non capisco

"Fuckin hell, it's the S.S! It's the Gestapo! NAE CUNT wore that!"

Quote from: thugler on February 01, 2020, 05:00:41 PM
Yeah enjoyed the hell out of that. I'd love to watch him do more of that sort of thing. Just effortlessly funny

There's a good Scotland themed 321 stream archived on the Benny Harvey channel https://youtu.be/8qIyY9FLVAg

badaids

Quote from: non capisco on February 02, 2020, 10:06:13 PM
"Fuckin hell, it's the S.S! It's the Gestapo! NAE CUNT wore that!"

"You'd mibbe wear that if ye were ain Ultravox, but ye widnae wear it aboot wherever the fuck they fae; fuckin Sheffield"

non capisco

^ Fantastic stuff. My other favourite moment was his brief flash of genuine satisfied pleasure when he correctly identifies Alvin Stardust as one of the sketch performers, followed by him taking the piss out of himself for being so involved. But it's all gold from beginning to end, really.

druss

He's stopped doing the charity death tweets. Life has been hard this year but I always thought I could count on Limmy to gently mock the dead.

What a horrible world we live in.

In the opening of 3-2-1, where Ted is coming down the stairs, the tape seems speeded up. Look at the clapping:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Lh99XmcOr8

kngen

Quote from: non capisco on February 04, 2020, 08:35:59 PM
^ Fantastic stuff. My other favourite moment was his brief flash of genuine satisfied pleasure when he correctly identifies Alvin Stardust as one of the sketch performers, followed by him taking the piss out of himself for being so involved. But it's all gold from beginning to end, really.

His confusion over the gold nuggets prize still makes me laugh whenever I think about it:

'What've I won? WHAT'VE I FUCKING WON?!?!'

This old livestream with his son is nice - "These people pay our bills, I've gotta make them laugh or we'll get chucked out the house".

McFlymo

Quote from: bgmnts on February 01, 2020, 12:54:38 PM
Thats why I never watch his streams. I'll check out his highlights he puts up on youtube mostly and they're golden byt how people can sit through streams I do not know.

Same, I've stuck a couple on, almost like ASMR / meditative sessions, as I've fallen asleep, but trying to sit through one is maddening and after about 10 minutes I think about 80 other things I would much rather be doing with my time.

I'm chuffed that it's working out for him, though and some of the youtube highlights are belter.

Sorry if it's been discussed on this thread previously, but the Iain Lee Patter Theft was quite dramatic! Seems some people were implying he was in on it and it was some big shared joke, but if not, Iain Lee comes across like a right cunt... 
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BHTPd4b06cE

Two stupid ones that just cracked me up for some reason....

A (no context) celebration
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eRVD9RIzYNo

A Black & White BLAHEM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bt0KU4uiuzY

Kryton

That slow-mo breakdown of 3-2-1 is excellent stuff.

the

Quote from: Kryton on February 09, 2020, 01:22:22 AMThat slow-mo breakdown of 3-2-1 is excellent stuff.

Didn't they do this on Room 101? (Might've been the Neil Morrissey one because he nominated 3-2-1, although in my mind's eye it was in a Nick Hancock-hosted episode.)

Kryton

Quote from: the on February 09, 2020, 01:33:53 AM
Didn't they do this on Room 101? (Might've been the Neil Morrissey one because he nominated 3-2-1, although in my mind's eye it was in a Nick Hancock-hosted episode.)

Genuinely unsure. Good point though, almost certainly been mocked previously.

petril

I'm sure on one a' they nostalgia talking heads efforts they had Ted saying he couldn't do it so always just went for 3-4-1 knowing that naecunt would be that bothered.

Except everycunt would inevitably try it, fail over and over and come to the conclusion it was a load a' shite

Puce Moment

Quote from: McFlymo on February 09, 2020, 12:51:16 AMSorry if it's been discussed on this thread previously, but the Iain Lee Patter Theft was quite dramatic! Seems some people were implying he was in on it and it was some big shared joke, but if not, Iain Lee comes across like a right cunt... 
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BHTPd4b06cE

Holy shit, Lee comes across SOOOOOOO badly in those clips.

Quote from: Puce Moment on February 09, 2020, 11:10:51 AM

It's an organic bit, surely?

It was discussed at the time earlier in the thread from this point

Quote from: bgmnts on June 18, 2019, 12:05:32 AM
Caught the tail end of his stream tonight and he was listening to Iain Lee. Was in hysterics. Fuck knows what happened but seemed to miss one of the best streams he's done. Fuck.

Edit - http://www.twitch.tv/limmy/v/440476021?sr=a&t=5092s

Update - from the sounds of the chat in Limmy's stream, Iain Lee seems to be having a bit of a breakdown.

Dewt

Hand Solo

Quote from: the on February 09, 2020, 01:33:53 AM

Yep. And it's been gone over ad nauseam how cryptic and specious the clues on 3-2-1 were so it's hardly groundbreaking, but mostly on talking-head vox pop shows where B-listers were fed clips to 'remember' about. At least Limmy does have real-life child memories of the show that prove to be inaccurate on repeat viewing and wrong-foot his constant nationalism obsessions.

That said, Twitch can get tae fuck, I prefer Limmy's early experimental conceptual BBC2 Scotland show.

Quote from: Puce Moment on February 09, 2020, 11:10:51 AM

There's a disclaimer at the beginning saying it's not attacking Lee but how can it be doing anything else? It's not an affectionate pisstake.

Mango Chimes

Quote from: Satchmo Distel on February 09, 2020, 04:51:00 PM
There's a disclaimer at the beginning saying it's not attacking Lee but how can it be doing anything else? It's not an affectionate pisstake.

Quote from: Better Midlands on February 09, 2020, 11:24:39 AM
It's an organic bit, surely?
Quote from: Dewt on February 09, 2020, 12:28:18 PM
Of course it's a bit

Fair enough. I missed this

Quote from: C_Larence on June 19, 2019, 01:59:35 PM
From Limmy's twitter. Sounds to me like his fans got a bit overzealous, don't see any other reason he'd end the joke this quickly.

Dewt

Did you also miss everything Limmy has done online ever

Quote from: Dewt on February 10, 2020, 04:05:50 AM
Did you also miss everything Limmy has done online ever

I always think that when I read this thread. Lots of "he was genuinely pissed off, it didn't look like a bit" type stuff, which is weird if you've ever watched him as that's pretty much his whole persona. The Iain Lee stuff was clearly a joke, look how much he's laughing when the guy calls in and says it's patter theft and Iain Lee should be ashamed.

Mango Chimes

I'm aware this thread can be just an inefficient way of subscribing to his YouTube channel, but this on the BAFTAs is excellent: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z3dvHOE8ZsI