Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 18, 2024, 04:28:31 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Limmy on Twitter and webcam [split topic]

Started by Neil, July 30, 2011, 09:09:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bgmnts

Hang on Benny Harvey has had that one up for a week...

Puce Moment

Is anyone else here thoroughly enjoying these 3-2-1 videos? His doubling-down on little moments is addictive. I can't believe I watched a 4-hour video of anyone, least of all Limmy, but these are fantastic.

Quote from: Puce Moment on February 18, 2020, 11:39:05 AM
Is anyone else here thoroughly enjoying these 3-2-1 videos? His doubling-down on little moments is addictive. I can't believe I watched a 4-hour video of anyone, least of all Limmy, but these are fantastic.

They're great, I feel he could do this sucessfully with some other 80's game shows too.

Puce Moment

Quote from: Better Midlands on February 18, 2020, 11:50:54 AMThey're great, I feel he could do this sucessfully with some other 80's game shows too.

He has rejected Blankety Blank as 'too funny' and to be honest I can't think of anyone more batshit crazy with old, end pf the pier variety acts and internal logic that makes barely any sense than 321. The laughs that Ted gets for completely illogical and unfunny jokes (sometimes he even gets a round of applause) are of the 'where's me washboard' variety. I remember this show clearly, and I fucking hated it, so it with some delight that Limmy is pointing this out.

Quote from: Puce Moment on February 18, 2020, 12:26:32 PM
He has rejected Blankety Blank as 'too funny' and to be honest I can't think of anyone more batshit crazy with old, end pf the pier variety acts and internal logic that makes barely any sense than 321. The laughs that Ted gets for completely illogical and unfunny jokes (sometimes he even gets a round of applause) are of the 'where's me washboard' variety. I remember this show clearly, and I fucking hated it, so it with some delight that Limmy is pointing this out.

I can see that, I think the slow pace helps too. Maybe something like Mr & Mrs or Sale Of The Century.

Enzo

kngen

Quote from: Puce Moment on February 18, 2020, 11:39:05 AM

Yeah, they start to become hypnotic the way he just loops tiny wee bits, and then riffs on them. It's quite something. I was a bit ambivalent about the Superheroes one after the glory that was the Western-themed episode, but then:

'Lose. Lose. Loseloseloseloselose ... FUCK!!!'

And

'His hauns are hummin' of ...  pipe tobacco ........... and fuckin' shite!'

Just magic.

Replies From View

I enjoyed his reaction to "hello me darlings" as well.

"So that's this cunt's catchphrase then eh."

Puce Moment

Quote from: kngen on February 20, 2020, 01:21:38 AM
'His hauns are hummin' of ...  pipe tobacco ........... and fuckin' shite!'

Just magic.

Fantastic observation that progressed into some stomach churning edited moments of that German football bloke being an absolutely fucking disgusting pig. Hilarious.

Replies From View

Yes, that's great.  And the Snoopy watches reveal is a highlight towards the end, too.

It's all comfortingly rewatchable, somehow, despite the duration of these videos.

Ballad of Ballard Berkley

Quote from: Replies From View on February 21, 2020, 02:34:38 PM
I enjoyed his reaction to "hello me darlings" as well.

"So that's this cunt's catchphrase then eh."

"So then Charlie, you burst oot and say... well, Charlie, what do you think we want you to say?"

I love these.

And he's right, it wouldn't work with something like Blankety Blank, which was always knowingly cheap and naff. You can't take the piss out of something that's in on the joke. He couldn't get much mileage from The Generation Game either, as it was a good show featuring hosts who were actually funny (I'm talking about Brucie and Larry Grayson, obviously, not Jim Davidson). As Puce Moment says, 3-2-1 is such a perfect choice.

He briefly mentioned the possibility of live-streaming an episode of The Little & Large Show, which would be absolute CaB heaven.

Puce Moment

Quote from: Ballad of Ballard Berkley on February 21, 2020, 07:32:51 PMHe briefly mentioned the possibility of live-streaming an episode of The Little & Large Show, which would be absolute CaB heaven.

Now that would be fucking marvellous. It will contain the right amount of shit, illogical jokes and uncomfortable silence.

Mango Chimes

20 minutes minimum on "Mmm, babaloo chocolate".

non capisco

He can get a solid hour out of being confused as to why they're suddenly dressed as Laurel and Hardy in the middle of a country medley singing that famous country hit 'Kinky Boots'. That "sketch" is as impenetrable as 3-2-1.

EDIT: Hang on, that's the same bit as "Mmm, babaloo chocolate", isn't it? Like a dying brain's squirming last throes, that "sketch". Also Noel Edmonds already did the "You picked a fine time to leave me, loose heel" joke on the Christmas 1977 episode of Top Of The Pops. If you're stealing jokes from Noel Edmonds you really do need to take a long hard look at yourselves.

Puce Moment

I love the way Limmy really focuses on the moments when Ted decodes the clues. There is always at least one bit in each that makes NO fucking sense whatsoever.

"So, the item clue is a bin lid. Well, you've heard of the saint of bins, Bartholomew the Elder, and his penchant for early mornings. That's right, you've rejected a lovely prize of a luxury teasmaid with a year's worth of PG Tips!"

Couple look on confused.

badaids

Quote from: Puce Moment on February 23, 2020, 03:04:21 PM

"So, the item clue is a bin lid. Well, you've heard of the saint of bins, Bartholomew the Elder, and his penchant for early mornings. That's right, you've rejected a lovely prize of a luxury teasmaid with a year's worth of PG Tips!"

Couple look on confused.

There is a Viz strip somewhere called 'Flash Gordon vs Ted Rogers and Dusty Bin' where evil Ted has captured Flash who must solve 321 style questions of this type in order to escape and save himself certain death.

Replies From View

That one where the initials were BIN and even had a word like "initially" in the clue itself.  Some kind of cunty version of a cryptic crossword clue that lies to you.

bgmnts

It's one of those shit quizzes where there are multiple viable answers and just turns into "what am i thinking?".

Replies From View

This "scrambled nib" isn't of the 18ct gold fountain pen variety!  Choose this if you think winning a Henry would be a proper coup!

Spoiler alert
- Henry:  not the vacuum cleaner but hen like a bird's hen, scrambled like a hen's eggs, and coup like a chicken coop!  That's right, the "nibs" in the clue, now shifted from singular to plural without warning, are a selection of gold nuggets shaped into chicken beaks, together worth over £4000 in 1981 money!  The word gold should have given that away!  Tough luck for turning it down!!
[close]

Hand Solo

Quote from: bgmnts on February 23, 2020, 03:17:09 PM
It's one of those shit quizzes where there are multiple viable answers and just turns into "what am i thinking?".

Limmy quite rightly works out the show is rigged, the clues are designed to be as so vague (Jojo, thanks for the sub)  they could be interpreted as the right or the wrong one to reject depending on how they want to edit it to get the most advertising revenue. Half of them I'm sure are unwinnable pin-wheels to wave before contestants (Ralph, thanks for the fiver mate) while the production company take back-handers for basically providing companies with a free prime-time advertising spot for their products or services such as with the Mini Mayfair.

"Brake, Ignition, and a Nearside door.. Initially I'd help much more." while Morag KcKay holds up a `Hill Street W1' street sign, so they could have gone with the clue being the INITIALS point to Dusty Bin, so the couple choose to reject this clue. Suddenly Ted does a sneaky bait-and-switch and drops the whole "Brake, Ignition and a Nearside door" bit as only a clue pointing towards a car "or is that too obvious?" and then quickly stresses "Initially points to Morag McKay's initials - MM, she brought you the street sign which is Mayfair meaning you've rejected the Mini Mayfair car!"

Cue a big flashy cutaway of the sparkling Metro car driving through glittery tendrils with the audience loudly coo-ing in some kind of teflon reverence.

It's complete tenuous (Kiddo, thanks for the free sub) bollocks.

Replies From View

I wonder if they ever switched them behind the scenes depending on which ones were picked.  "The initials, well if you look closely they contain 'bin' I'm afraid."

Wish all his fans weren't all complete wanks.

Puce Moment

Quote from: Excellent_Biscuits on February 25, 2020, 12:24:45 AMWish all his fans weren't all complete wanks.

Some of the chat 'patter' is fucking woeful, something he calls out regularly. I mean, really unfunny shit. Maybe they are proper Twitch users and like to watch the games being played? I've only subbed to Limmy's channel because I don't understand how an app makes money from streaming thousands of fat cunts in Brazil playing Road Truck Simulator.

I'll watch him anytime of the day and just be like, cool! This is great!

It's like free TV comedy or something. Love all the rough edges and the feeling he sorta knows what he's doing, but not quite! (But he does)

Yeah but the chat is shat. I don't get why 50 people would say the same thing after eachother. Do you know what I ........

Mean
Mean
MEAN
"MEANS LOL
YOU LNOW WHAT I weeen!
Means
Mean
Turned the means against you bawbag pal
Mean
Means against me
Means
She's done the means
Means

Etc

Maybe I'm JUST OLD

Osmium

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7msoqnz2bcY

Telt. That video is my reaction when I've read posters trying to type a Scottish accent phonetically on here.

Ballad of Ballard Berkley

Quote from: Puce Moment on February 25, 2020, 12:55:38 AM
Some of the chat 'patter' is fucking woeful, something he calls out regularly. I mean, really unfunny shit. Maybe they are proper Twitch users and like to watch the games being played? I've only subbed to Limmy's channel because I don't understand how an app makes money from streaming thousands of fat cunts in Brazil playing Road Truck Simulator.

He must despise some of the people who profess to be fans, but that's what happens when you become quite successful.

Jerzy Bondov

Quote from: Osmium on March 09, 2020, 11:26:16 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7msoqnz2bcY

Telt. That video is my reaction when I've read posters trying to type a Scottish accent phonetically on here.
gonny calm doon pal awlright ye soond like a wee bairn greetin

Jerzy Bondov

Really sorry for that post. Horrible stuff.