Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 07:51:42 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Limmy on Twitter and webcam [split topic]

Started by Neil, July 30, 2011, 09:09:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

petril

it's pretty decent tbf. above Mike Myers in the B&Q Fake Scottish League. easily Premier Division.

hings go yer wiy ye're fightin' fur a place in Europe, know?

canadagoose

Quote from: petrilTanaka on March 10, 2020, 10:23:21 PM
it's pretty decent tbf. above Mike Myers in the B&Q Fake Scottish League. easily Premier Division.

hings go yer wiy ye're fightin' fur a place in Europe, know?
Yeah, it's pretty good, he just needed to drop the 'l' in 'awright' and it'd be perfect.

Jerzy Bondov

Thanks, I've been watching Outlander with my wife

Lost Oliver

Much prefer Highlander, more realistic.

Dog Botherer

Limmy on the Rubberbandits lad's podcast this week

Lost Oliver

No way! I just started listening to Blindboy and am working my way through them. I'm on podcast 17 at the minute but might skip to Limmy. Sad in a way that he's started interviewing people as I liked him just talking.

ArtParrott

Don't worry he still does his monologue ones, the interviews are just live podcasts he puts out occasionally.

Lost Oliver

Excellent. Really like his stuff and got through those 17 episodes in about 2 weeks so that jazz piano he plays underneath is in my head whenever I close my eyes.

Did he do the Trump in a different voice thing before Serafinowicz?

I've had "boing boing boing" stuck in my head all week, fuckin hell. Steve Walsh RIP miss you big man, gone but not forgotten.

Malcy

I saw Benny Harvey RIP written on a chalkboard wall in a Glasgow pub toilet the other day. Not bad 10 years after the sketch.

Haven't watched any Limmy stuff in months now. Just waiting for the new series. Can't be doing with the Twitch stuff anymore.

Lisa Jesusandmarychain

Quote from: Carpool Dragon on March 11, 2020, 11:47:38 PM
I've had "boing boing boing" stuck in my head all week, fuckin hell. Steve Walsh RIP miss you big man, gone but not forgotten.

That's great, thanks for posting

Ballad of Ballard Berkley

Quote from: Malcy on March 12, 2020, 12:01:40 AM
I saw Benny Harvey RIP written on a chalkboard wall in a Glasgow pub toilet the other day. Not bad 10 years after the sketch.

Haven't watched any Limmy stuff in months now. Just waiting for the new series. Can't be doing with the Twitch stuff anymore.

You're in luck, it looks like the new series of Limmy's Homemade Show starts in early April.

Malcy

Quote from: Ballad of Ballard Berkley on March 12, 2020, 06:50:06 PM
You're in luck, it looks like the new series of Limmy's Homemade Show starts in early April.

Nice one. I knew he had finished it but didn't know how long BBC Scotland would sit on it for.

canadagoose

Quote from: Carpool Dragon on March 11, 2020, 11:47:38 PM
"She's like Ferrero Rocher" Got the giggles here

Edit: That thing about "oi oi oi" and "knees bent, arms stretched" being "really English" reminds me so much of my parents. They said the exact same thing in the '90s. It's weird how (usually older) people in Scotland had this odd aversion to certain phrases and otherwise non-notable actions (like putting loads of gravy on roast beef) because they thought it made them English. I don't think many of those weird aversions made it past people born after 1980 or so. It definitely seems like something your friends' parents or your uncle would rant about.

Twonty Gostelow

gmoney

Can anyone remember a stream where he starts talking about wanting to go to a club and do pills again, and he's got his hood up listening to Every Time You Touch Me by QFX?

good times

Quote from: Twonty Gostelow on March 20, 2020, 04:01:19 PM
New character on the way?

The early Radiohead stuff was fairly ropey wasn't it?

He played a snippet of his trucking musical last night. "Eddie Redmayne voice" is bang on.

Mango Chimes

Quote from: Carpool Dragon on March 24, 2020, 07:09:41 PM
He played a snippet of his trucking musical last night.

Magic. I love how it's clearly making him laugh listening to it, but he's holding it together.

It's very Song Wars. Get him on Buxton's podcast. He's probably been on it. Get him on again, and do a Song War.

bgmnts

Jesus Christ Limmy that is perfection.

He always comes up with the goods aye.

madhair60

Retinend

Brilliant. Tbh it raises the question of he doesn't concentrate his efforts more often. I rarely feel in the mood to listen to 3 hours of a stream.

His best work remains World of Glasgow imho.

monkfromhavana

Quote from: gmoney on March 22, 2020, 11:44:44 AM
Can anyone remember a stream where he starts talking about wanting to go to a club and do pills again, and he's got his hood up listening to Every Time You Touch Me by QFX?

He's played stuff by The Rhythmic State as well (sadly not 'No D.S. Allowed!' though). Can't remember the QFX stream.

kitsofan34

Find these strangely addictive, almost definitely because of the coronavirus.

His Homemade Sketch Show has been given a graveyard slot of Friday night at half 11 by BBC Scotland. The first episode will be on the 10th of April, then being repeated nationally on BBC 2 on the following Sunday.

He's also vaguely alluded to some one off special he's doing, where he comments upon videos in front of a green screen.

kalowski

Quote from: bgmnts on January 31, 2020, 12:25:25 AM
Fucking hell the 321 vid is 24 carat gold.
'"Rodgers died after open heart surgery". I remember thinking "fucking yes! That's what you get!"'

Brilliant stuff.

Dewt

Limmy had to break character a bit this morning because some people were taking his banter with his regulars (Katercakes and some English guy I can't remember the name of) seriously and harassing them a bit. "I hate to have to do this once in a while, but when we're fighting on stream it's A JOKE. We're joking around" kinda stuff.

There really are a lot of dipshits watching.

You know when he says "I'm joking I'm joking"

He's not joking.

I feel sad when people are getting emotional about getting a bollocking from him but they just seem to keep putting their hand into the fire. It's very entertaining!