Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 01:50:18 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Limmy on Twitter and webcam [split topic]

Started by Neil, July 30, 2011, 09:09:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

canadagoose

Did anyone else see him making that dance remix of It's All Coming Back to Me Now today? Another tangent that turned into quite a funny music project.

Edit: Full song here https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=2RrURfRtixw&feature=youtu.be&t=237m26s

Cold Meat Platter

monkfromhavana

I do miss Limmy playing a good story game. I'm sure that the makers of Jenks have made more of those type of games he could play.

canadagoose

Quote from: monkfromhavana on April 24, 2020, 09:19:51 PM
I do miss Limmy playing a good story game. I'm sure that the makers of Jenks have made more of those type of games he could play.
Oh yeah, Contradiction was a highlight. If anyone on here knows anything similar, maybe they could suggest it to him?

Mister Six

Has anyone asked him to do Little and Large in the same way he tackled 1-2-3?

monkfromhavana

Quote from: canadagoose on April 25, 2020, 03:30:49 PM
Oh yeah, Contradiction was a highlight. If anyone on here knows anything similar, maybe they could suggest it to him?

He'd originally sacked it off, then went back to it a few weeks later. Think it was during that that the 'Charlie Burchill' face made its first appearance as well.

I'm sure that the makers of Contradiction have done a few other games.

Chollis

Fucking hell those Richard E Grant clips. Definitely never getting round to watching Withnail and I now.

Ballad of Ballard Berkley

Jesus, his manic impression of Grant's wheezy laugh...

Dewt

I like Limmy going "no!" in genuine disappointment, like the little boy in his Christmas special.

paddy72

I'm so glad Limmy picked up on that laugh that REG has insisted on doing after all his Withnail videos - that has been annoying the fuck out of me, too.

It's almost undermining the scenes in the actual film for me.

magval

It's bad enough grungers going on about it and ruining it for years, but now that I've seen the star being just as much of a sickener about it, aye, I'm with Chollis, this is never getting watched.

Fr.Bigley

Quote from: Dewt on April 27, 2020, 12:57:25 PM
I like Limmy going "no!" in genuine disappointment, like the little boy in his Christmas special.

Yer ae bastard ae a boy!!

Mister Six

Quote from: Chollis on April 27, 2020, 11:10:08 AM
Fucking hell those Richard E Grant clips. Definitely never getting round to watching Withnail and I now.

It's an ace film, and all the little clips make sense in context. Obviously Grant repeating individual lines 30 years later, into a phone, without context and without a director, doesn't have quite the same effect. He doesn't do that annoying wheezy laugh throughout, either.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

QuoteDefinitely never getting round to watching Withnail and I
Quotethis is never getting watched.

Good luck getting out of your chair after filling your feet with bullet holes.

What sort of person looks at fan service of a thing they haven't fucking watched? What fan service isn't a bunch of chummy gurning shit? Argh, humans.

QuoteIt's an ace film

Yes, watch it or pipe down - and that applies to Limmy too.

ProvanFan

Kerry Godliman reenacting the swimming scene in 2053

Cuellar

I like the film, I think it's good. But I can't imagine Limmy liking it, if I'm honest.

I saw it about 10 years ago and couldn't understand the hype at all. Maybe it's one of those things you have to be English to like (see also: Blackadder).

peanutbutter

My main memory of Withnail and I was that the DVD was mixed bizarrely low and (IF I RECALL CORRECTLY) didn't have subtitles, didn't think the film was very good but that absolutely shite experience probably didn't help.

I doubt I'd have much time for Richard E Grant's performance in it now regardless though.

joaquin closet

Would some weird twitter videos really put you off a performance from over 30 years ago?

It's a bleddy great film. Got a unique vibe/tone to it that makes it great to go back to. Not one of them superfans who can quote it all, but I've liked it more each time I've watched.

Retinend

I'm fascinated to see how long 'Granny' can keep this up for!

Lost Oliver

Yeah, Withnail is great. Limmy too. There, I said (typed) it.

Captain Z

I had one of last week's streams on in the background yesterday when he briefly got sidetracked into watching a clip of Ted Rodgers, and said he'd be doing 321 again 'soon'. I really hope he does.

peanutbutter

Quote from: joaquin closet on April 29, 2020, 12:02:27 PM
Would some weird twitter videos really put you off a performance from over 30 years ago?
I wasn't a big fan of the performance when I saw it in my teens, just not my kind of thing. The twitter videos would have fuck all to do with me not liking it if I did rewatch it. I doubt I will though.

Quote from: Carpool Dragon on May 15, 2020, 12:00:12 AM
Another 3-2-1 stream.

Oh man, thank you. This should see me through the next few hours of lockdown insomnia. Seriously, ta!

Limmy's guide to laughing at things which aren't funny. Sage advice.