Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 12:48:50 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Limmy on Twitter and webcam [split topic]

Started by Neil, July 30, 2011, 09:09:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

canadagoose

That 3-2-1 stream has got to be one of the best. He's on fire lately.

darth andy

that 3-2-1 stream may be my favourite Limmy thing ever

monkfromhavana

New 3-2-1 up, but he skipped over all the sketches and clues etc which left me a bit disappointed.

Still funny as though - Rogers/Rocky and disappearing jobs being the bits that made me howl.

Ballad of Ballard Berkley

Quote from: Carpool Dragon on May 19, 2020, 12:58:48 AM
Another 3-2-1 watch featuring the first proper hand gesture!

I'm so deeply invested in these watch-a-longs, I actually felt quite delighted when Ted eventually managed to do his signature hand gesture properly. "AH!! HE'S DONE IT!!!"

I've watched bits of the 3-2-1 streams and find them pretty hard going to be honest, really slow, and him rewinding bits unnecessarily. It's all too methodical.
I don't want to come across all Ricky Gervais but I've often come up with my own observations and I understand what he's getting at off the bat, so him going into minute detail just seems to take away from that. I'd rather feel like I'm trying to keep up.

I know the format of twitch is that it's very conversational and laid back but I can't seem to relax into that. I do like watching the odd clip but can't really get along with his streams.
It's all too slack. I remember him saying that he was thinking of making a podcast before he doubled down on the whole twitch thing, and I think him being conscious of dead air and having to edit to keep things tight and more traditional would help a lot.

"You're a man of God and your wife's right there."

I love these so much.

Quote from: ImmaculateClump on May 19, 2020, 04:32:21 AM
I've watched bits of the 3-2-1 streams and find them pretty hard going to be honest, really slow, and him rewinding bits unnecessarily. It's all too methodical.
I don't want to come across all Ricky Gervais but I've often come up with my own observations and I understand what he's getting at off the bat, so him going into minute detail just seems to take away from that. I'd rather feel like I'm trying to keep up.

I know the format of twitch is that it's very conversational and laid back but I can't seem to relax into that. I do like watching the odd clip but can't really get along with his streams.
It's all too slack. I remember him saying that he was thinking of making a podcast before he doubled down on the whole twitch thing, and I think him being conscious of dead air and having to edit to keep things tight and more traditional would help a lot.

The pedantic repetition is one of the things I like most about the 3-2-1 streams.

Puce Moment

Yeah, I can't imagine I would find this half as funny without Limmy's self-conscious repetition and over-analysing of small moments.

The anticipation when he pauses the video and stares at the camera. A great example is Ted Rodgers' Chinese 'joke'.

Cuellar

I must have been in the right frame of mind when I watched the one where he compares Ted to Sylvester Stallone - him going back and forward when Ted did that mad face and hand gesture gave me the proper giggles.

I do like the 3-2-1 streams. Laying into Ted for reading all his jokes out and still being shit at it.

Quote from: Puce Moment on May 19, 2020, 05:17:49 PM
Yeah, I can't imagine I would find this half as funny without Limmy's self-conscious repetition and over-analysing of small moments.

The anticipation when he pauses the video and stares at the camera. A great example is Ted Rodgers' Chinese 'joke'.

Yes. Ted Rogers is low-hanging fruit, he's objectively shit, but Limmy's obsessive evisceration of the man is very funny. I daresay most of us on CaB could and would come up with similar observations, it's not as if Limmy is breaking new comedy ground by pointing out that Ted Rogers and 3-2-1 were terrible, but the fact that he's spending so much time on it is a good joke in itself.

Just the very idea of a middle-aged man obsessing over a bewildering '80s quiz show in the middle of the night while his partner and child are asleep; that's funny to me.

Also, I've always been a big fan of needlessly pedantic analysis of utterly pointless things, it rarely fails to make me laugh. My favourite CaB threads tend to involve that sort of thing.

My point is that something like ponderland is fast moving and energetic.
There's too much flabby nothing in this and it needs tightening up.
It doesn't feel like enough to me. I get restless.

darth andy

Quote from: Cuellar on May 19, 2020, 05:22:51 PM
I must have been in the right frame of mind when I watched the one where he compares Ted to Sylvester Stallone - him going back and forward when Ted did that mad face and hand gesture gave me the proper giggles.

I almost cried laughing at that, and I never do much more than a smirk when watching stuff usually.

I keep cracking up with sudden moments of self awareness at how how deep and engaging the analysis is and how invested in it I am

I love it

petril

Quote from: Ballad of Ballard Berkley on May 20, 2020, 02:58:48 AM
a middle-aged man obsessing over a bewildering '80s quiz show in the middle of the night while his partner and child are asleep

pretty sure that was the subject of a PIF at some point

Wee bit of 3-2-1 featuring Ted's panic attack and Limmy's problematic teeth whistle jokes.

jsgibble

Why does he always skip through videos with the arrow keys when he could just use the cursor

jsgibble

Mango Chimes

Might want to narrow down a timecode in that four hour long video.

jsgibble

marquis_de_sad

Anyone following the drama with the subreddit?

Quote from: chocolate teapot on June 01, 2020, 04:06:46 PM
https://www.reddit.com/r/Limmy/comments/gsgyh8/limmy_here/fs90nyk?utm_source=share&utm_medium=web2x

Is it this comment?

I've no idea what any of that means. Baffling.

Just watched a bit of one of his latest Twitch streams. I think it's lovely that Limmy's son presumably doesn't have a clue what his dad does for a living. How would you explain that to a child? "I drive a virtual truck and watch old quiz shows from the '80s... people give me money for doing that, aye."

marquis_de_sad

Quote from: Utter Shit on June 01, 2020, 04:04:07 PM
What's this?

Quote from: chocolate teapot on June 01, 2020, 04:06:46 PM
https://www.reddit.com/r/Limmy/comments/gsgyh8/limmy_here/fs90nyk?utm_source=share&utm_medium=web2x

Is it this comment?

Yeah that and some other stuff. Limmy talks about it on stream a bit here, which is where I heard about it.

As far as I can tell there are a handful of weirdos on there that complain a lot (and claim that Limmy is exploiting the mentally ill etc). They may or may not be the same person, as I couldn't help but notice that all the accounts are 1-2 months old.

kitsofan34

Limmy's been promoting him quite a lot recently but Zafarcakes is doing something genuinely interesting on twitch, free of the natural flaws the platform provides. He's playing Pro Evo 5 but it also (I'm new to the stream) got a nice sense of narrative to it. It also works well because if he wants to run with a specific premise, the fact he's playing the game himself means he can tailor the results/events to what he wants to happen. It's nice to see the platform explore more creative streams instead of just watching someone play a game.

EDIT: Alsooooo, by having little sub plots with all of the players, along with general drama surrounding the "manager", it transcends watching someone lifelessly play fifa and actually has you, rather ridicilously, emotionally invested in a game of pro evolution soccer 5.

https://www.twitch.tv/zafarcakes

Haha, he totally becomes him physically for a minute there.

Two Headed Sex Beast

Quote from: kitsofan34 on June 03, 2020, 10:01:51 PM
Alsooooo, by having little sub plots with all of the players, along with general drama surrounding the "manager", it transcends watching someone lifelessly play fifa and actually has you, rather ridicilously, emotionally invested in a game of pro evolution soccer 5.

https://www.twitch.tv/zafarcakes
Seconded, I've been late to it but even as a latecomer the little world and phrases that have grown around it got me on board really quickly. Hot Pepsi, good family men, up for the cup. The interview with the agent in the cup final stream was hilarious too.

kitsofan34

Quote from: Two Headed Sex Beast on June 04, 2020, 11:14:58 PM
Seconded, I've been late to it but even as a latecomer the little world and phrases that have grown around it got me on board really quickly. Hot Pepsi, good family men, up for the cup. The interview with the agent in the cup final stream was hilarious too.

Don't worry last night was my first watch too. I've watched some of his other videos and they get such low figures I felt bad for him. Glad he's receiving the famous Limmy Bump.