Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 24, 2024, 06:29:35 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Limmy on Twitter and webcam [split topic]

Started by Neil, July 30, 2011, 09:09:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jobotic

Love the bit about Derry/Londonderry and Taytos.

jsgibble

chveik

Quote from: Two Headed Sex Beast on June 04, 2020, 11:14:58 PM
Seconded, I've been late to it but even as a latecomer the little world and phrases that have grown around it got me on board really quickly. Hot Pepsi, good family men, up for the cup. The interview with the agent in the cup final stream was hilarious too.

I've seen a few now and he's indeed a really funny man

Captain Z

Quote from: Carpool Dragon on June 07, 2020, 04:34:45 PM
Improv story!

Ah man, always with the violence.

The punchline should have been:

"That's assault!"

Spoiler alert
"Aye - stick it on yer chips"
[close]

Hahaha that's gonna be a car crash, one way or the other.

Hope it happens!

Noodle Lizard

Doesn't Limmy kind of dislike Tim Heidecker? At least going off a memory of him taking the piss out of JASH and suggesting he's the worst part of On Cinema a few years back.

Wonder what made him show up on Tim's radar.

Bronzy

Quote from: Noodle Lizard on June 12, 2020, 09:42:02 PM
Doesn't Limmy kind of dislike Tim Heidecker? At least going off a memory of him taking the piss out of JASH and suggesting he's the worst part of On Cinema a few years back.

Wonder what made him show up on Tim's radar.

He posted this a few years ago:

https://twitter.com/daftlimmy/status/633049100657774592

I assume he would be a fan, quite a lot of Limmy's Show certainly seems to be influenced by Awesome Show, Great Job.

Noodle Lizard

Quote from: Bronzy on June 12, 2020, 09:45:29 PM
He posted this a few years ago:

https://twitter.com/daftlimmy/status/633049100657774592

I assume he would be a fan, quite a lot of Limmy's Show certainly seems to be influenced by Awesome Show, Great Job.

Yeah, he's said a few times that Awesome Show was an influence, but he's definitely talked a fair amount of shit about his work since then. Unless I'm completely misremembering.

Ballad of Ballard Berkley

You could be right, but I've never seen him be anything less than complimentary about Heidecker's work.

Purple Toupee

Limmy's said that Awesome Show was a massive influence on Limmy's Show, that's why he chose to give it a faster pace and added more short sketches in Series 2 and 3.

Retinend

He was particularly scathing about J.A.S.H. (more like GASH  amirite?l) but also admitted that series 2 of Limmy's show was his Revolver to their Pet Sounds (or is that the other way around?)

weaseldust

i was watching him on twitch a couple months ago and someone asked if he was a fan of on cinema and he said he liked it a lot, maybe his opinion changed

also i remember him asking for a link to the oscar special when that was happening

MrMrs

On Cinema is far funnier than anything Limmy has done

Captain Z

The few times I've tried to listen to Office Hours it was so unfocused and rambling I cannot remember a single thing about it, other than one video had a clickbaity thumbnail of Tim and Nathan Fielder, whereas the actual episode had no mention of him.

ian01604

Quote from: Ballad of Ballard Berkley on June 12, 2020, 10:11:44 PM
You could be right, but I've never seen him be anything less than complimentary about Heidecker's work.
he said he worried that tim and eric had Gervaised when they did that go pro thing a few years back

Bazooka

Quote from: ian01604 on June 13, 2020, 08:12:15 AM
he said he worried that tim and eric had Gervaised when they did that go pro thing a few years back

I don't get that at all.

Retinend

Noodle Lizard

Purple Toupee

Most of the JASH videos were very poor but I liked Tim and Eric's Go Pro Show, thought that format really suited them.

Rizla

Quote from: Captain Z on June 12, 2020, 11:56:06 PM
The few times I've tried to listen to Office Hours it was so unfocused and rambling I cannot remember a single thing about it, other than one video had a clickbaity thumbnail of Tim and Nathan Fielder, whereas the actual episode had no mention of him.

Yes. It took me a few goes to get into it (even though I love Tim&Eric and On Cinema) but now it's one of my favourite things in the world, I look forward to it every friday. They did a morning madness one a few weeks ago which was a total scream, and his and Fred Armisen's ZZ Top stand up routines thing I think I mentioned before was sublime. Persevere!

jake thunder

Yeah Office Hours is the bomb and frankly, if you're not into it then shame on you.

Old Nehamkin

JASH was worth it just for launching Norm Macdonald Live and, subsequently, for Norm's summation of the whole venture as "some fucking commie gobbledygook" while presenting from the red carpet at Youtube's "Big Live Comedy Show" in 2013.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A848xpsDJbw

ALL THE STARS ARE HERE

someoldcodger

Love Tim Heidecker but he's no Harley Morenstein.

Custard

Puce Moment

I don't have a lot to offer this thread other than to say a shitty day was genuinely improved by hearing this news. What an unexpected but completely sensible crossover!

peanutbutter

See he's played a few different games recently, including Minit, A Short Hike and Super Hexagon?

Super Hexagon sounds like a fucking terrible choice to stream, mind.

druss

I tend to watch clips of Limmy rather than full streams but I did work my way through his 3-2-1 analysis as they were all fantastic.

One thing struck me though... How much money has "Hellwhiskers" tipped to Limmy?!?! He's just chucked him fifty quid and seems to throw a couple of quid every ten minutes or so. I think I could survive just from the amount that this Hellwhiskers chap tips.