Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 09:43:28 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Limmy on Twitter and webcam [split topic]

Started by Neil, July 30, 2011, 09:09:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bgmnts

I love how one of Limmy's new things is to watch that Maximum Overdrive trailer - where Stephen is notoriously off his head on coke and booze - and analyse his slurring inebriation.

Its quite funny. King has Maradonna '94 eyes.

There was a hilarious part in the stream yesterday where he was talking about his son giving him shit for being lazy and imagining if he grows up to be funnier than him.
"I was eating baked beans off a casserole dish lid for mah Christmas dinner, and I'm not fuckin going back".

Retinend

edit: nevermind

Mister Six

Tim Heidecker interviews Limmy: https://youtu.be/1Ocs9IMiSyk

I thought he did this ages ago but it looks like it's just gone up.

MrMrs

Not worth watching at all. They talk about weather, swearing and Scottish independence. I love both of these people but boring.

Dog Botherer

is he trying to start a Twitter beef with space cunt Elon? hope so. calling all his fans incels and digging up the paedo cave diver stuff is a good start.

PlanktonSideburns

Cold Meat Platter

Yeah come on Limmy. Tweet him his pre-hair transplant photos asking what happened. Paedo guy. Daft names for wains.

PlanktonSideburns

Puce Moment

jsgibble

MrMrs

Can someone capture the streams and edit out the gaming bits

Ham Bap

Quote from: MrMrs on August 09, 2020, 11:02:30 PM
Can someone capture the streams and edit out the gaming bits

I'll quit my job and do that for you. I assume you'll be paying me 30k a year.

monkfromhavana

Quote from: Puce Moment on August 07, 2020, 11:54:29 PM
This stream from a few days ago is wonderful.

https://youtu.be/1xx8YL9g6ZQ

It's good, especially the Shining overlay.

I preferred when he actually watch the whole show instead of just doing first bit and the end, whether he's stopped that because he's worried regarding copyright or not, who knows. I suspect it's mainly that's he worried about his audience dropping off if they have to pay attention to one thing for more than an hour.

I think he said he was worried about dodgy sketches (or they're just too shite to sit through).

Retinend

Having read his biography, and now seeing this clip (thanks), it seems that he has a lot more confidence in "business" than in "show business". In the book, he hardly says a word about the stresses of building and maintaining a successful company (he had a successful little web design company), yet details in depth his many many anxieties experienced while trying to make it in the entertainment world. Consider the contrast between how wonderful everyone found his Fringe show - and how he actually perceived it as a creative>performance process: namely as terrifying, all-consuming, and plain joyless.

He really is happy to build his Twitch empire (which surely has required a great deal of entrepreneurial skills), and let out his desire to perform in this way. He loves to perform but he just wasn't made for that world of networking with the RADA/Oxbridge set, dealing with/flattering critics, fielding ambiguous, tentative promises of work and so on. Twitch is the best of both worlds for him. It's become taboo ITT to lament this fact, so I won't.

Jerzy Bondov

peanutbutter

Quote from: Retinend on August 13, 2020, 10:47:10 AM
Having read his biography, and now seeing this clip (thanks), it seems that he has a lot more confidence in "business" than in "show" that world of networking with the RADA/Oxbridge set, dealing with/flattering critics, fielding ambiguous, tentative promises of work and so on
I've been thinking a good deal about just how much of a shitshow the current entrypoints for comedy are lately what with it looking like the entire standup industry is gonna go to shit. Can't help but think maybe it'd be a good thing on the whole for it to all fall apart and need to be rebuilt, the ratio of quality to vapid dreck the current system pushes out is horribly low and almost certainly encourages the toning back of a lot of acts more interesting impulses.

How are the Fall Guys streams? Part of me wants to hold back cos there's a chance it'll spoil my enjoyment of the game whenever I get to it, and it looks super fucking fun, but it seems like a really good fit for him too.

thugler

Quote from: Carpool Dragon on August 13, 2020, 12:04:20 AM
Imagining the process of developing a Craig sitcom.

This is great. Rather than a series, I'd love to see a kind of anthology horror/comedy thing, maybe with him playing' Craig' in each bit. Would really suit his style. Does seem like the process of getting stuff off the ground is getting on his tits and he just wants to have complete control over his output

rude soil

Joined the stream a few minutes ago, from what I heard it sounds like Ted Rogers' son contacted Limmy to ask what this 3-2-1 obsession is about.

MrMrs

What the fuck is wrong with this Nilesy clown? Does he just not fucking listen? Limmy is constantly, correctly, chinning him.

giveover

Surprised at how bad that Heidecker Limmy interview was. Sneering at his accent, making stupid noises and sniggering while he's talking, mocking him for not drinking alcohol, playing bagpipes and The Proclaimers while introducing him, etc. A real level of disrespect from start to finish - at which point Tim signs off dismissively, saying he had to go because they want to hear from 'the viewers' (as opposed to one of the greatest comedy minds of this generation). Not done as a wacky joke, or not to my eyes at least, feels more like an attempt to put him in his place.

Limmy visibly struggling throughout, two lots of people on entirely different wavelengths but Tim and especially that Vic arsehole attempting to undermine him constantly with snickering low level frat boy bullying. Must have been painful for Limmy considering he's such a fan of Awesome Show - apparently he was nervous before going on too.

People on Twitter are all "they vibed so well!", which is ludicrous. Comments BTL on YouTube are more honest. Has this been discussed anywhere else on C&B or is it best filed under "to be forgotten and never mentioned again"?

https://youtu.be/1Ocs9IMiSyk if you want to see if I'm overreacting (I may well be)

selectivememory

Quote from: giveover on August 23, 2020, 12:24:59 AM
Has this been discussed anywhere else on C&B or is it best filed under "to be forgotten and never mentioned again"?

Yeah, was discussed here: https://www.cookdandbombd.co.uk/forums/index.php/topic,72319.msg4236335.html#msg4236335