Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 5,583,400
  • Total Topics: 106,741
  • Online Today: 811
  • Online Ever: 3,311
  • (July 08, 2021, 03:14:41 AM)
Users Online
Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 06:16:45 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Limmy on Twitter and webcam [split topic]

Started by Neil, July 30, 2011, 09:09:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Two Headed Sex Beast

Quote from: Clownbaby on September 07, 2020, 08:35:17 AM
Back on Limmy I'm a wee bit sad he's not doing any more Show. I like his new content a lot and he's slipped into the format great but I'll miss stuff like that, sketches and characters. Seeing him explain why he doesn't want to do it makes sense though

In a perfect world we'd have a collaborative Limmy who enjoys the creative process more. I'm very sad not to get more sketches, not to get his vision of a sitcom, or other dream projects (I can imagine him in a dark comedy horror/twilight zone anthology, for example). He's also an excellent actor, I'd love to have seen him popping up in more things. It sounds like the creative and collaborative process exhausts and frustrates him though, and to be fair it does sound like a pain - especially coming down from Glasgow to have to deal with folk in London just to inch any project forward.

His twitch streams are fine, and it's what he wants to do. But the highs aren't so high, the laughs much fewer and smaller. It raises a smile now and then, but I'm not going to watch hours of a man playing video games and getting cranky with the chat just for those moments. The more I watch of the streams the more I selfishly wish the time and effort was going into vines or youtube vids instead.

Clownbaby

Quote from: Two Headed Sex Beast on September 07, 2020, 11:12:54 AM
In a perfect world we'd have a collaborative Limmy who enjoys the creative process more. I'm very sad not to get more sketches, not to get his vision of a sitcom, or other dream projects (I can imagine him in a dark comedy horror/twilight zone anthology, for example). He's also an excellent actor, I'd love to have seen him popping up in more things. It sounds like the creative and collaborative process exhausts and frustrates him though, and to be fair it does sound like a pain - especially coming down from Glasgow to have to deal with folk in London just to inch any project forward.

His twitch streams are fine, and it's what he wants to do. But the highs aren't so high, the laughs much fewer and smaller. It raises a smile now and then, but I'm not going to watch hours of a man playing video games and getting cranky with the chat just for those moments. The more I watch of the streams the more I selfishly wish the time and effort was going into vines or youtube vids instead.

Aye I agree totally. Limmy's natural acting ability is gonna be missed, I'm all for him doing what he wants to avoid the burnout he must have been starting to feel with TV but I'm not a big stream follower myself.  I just find myself checking out the highlights rather than bothering with the whole thing

Cold Meat Platter

Quote from: sevendaughters on September 07, 2020, 10:58:43 AM
I'm not sure Limmy's forte is being a guest on talk shows to be honest, even if they're niche internet things with alt comics of the day.

He's great on Herring's podcast both times.

Jim_MacLaine

Limmy seems an all-in kind of guy and so I can imagine him in a year maybe 2 sacking the whole streaming thing off and finding something else to get passionate about. Like any 'dream' job repetition breeds contempt so I can see him getting bored and moving on.

Either that or Nilesy kidnaps him and makes him his sex goon.

fit bird

It's sad that the thing that pays his bills is the thing that makes the streams not worth bothering with. The constant interruptions from people slinging him a quid to hear a catchphrase from a decade ago kill it stone dead whenever he starts getting into something. His old streams were so much better, back when he could finish a sentence without having to stop and wish 5 people a happy birthday.

Cold Meat Platter

The wee "best of" reel he had at the start of the streams is the only thing worth watching, for me. Same as above, the interaction with the chat is poison. Just hearing him chunter away to himself playing a game would be fine but he doesn't even get to do that. The constant asking chat for playing directions then berating them for being wrong is frustrating, not entertaining. It's like watching someone having to deal with a load of children.

McDead

There is a touch of Gus Honeybun's Magic Birthdays to these streams, if Gus was a tetchy Scottish shut-in. Like a few others have said, I'm pleased for him, and he seems happy, but Homemade Show really underlined that he's capable of so much more.

Cuntbeaks

There will be no more TV, because he isn't funny and he knows it.

Captain Z

Watch you don't burn yourself on that hot take.

PlanktonSideburns

Quote from: Cuntbeaks on September 07, 2020, 05:25:33 PM
There will be no more TV, because he isn't funny and he knows it.

Quick look around shows there's no correlation between being funny and having a TV show

Puce Moment

It's just Cuntbeak's latest Limmy thread shit. Ignore.

rude soil

It's a shame he's not doing the live shows anymore. Would have gone to them even if they were just clips of him torturing minecraft villagers followed by a Q&A.

Purple Toupee

Quote from: rude soil on September 08, 2020, 11:46:19 AM
It's a shame he's not doing the live shows anymore. Would have gone to them even if they were just clips of him torturing minecraft villagers followed by a Q&A.

Totally agree, fair play to him though. I've seen him live three times, all of the shows had very different formats but they were all brilliant. The Vines screening was a delirious nightmare in the best possible way.

monkfromhavana

I'm loving the Death Stranding streams, nice to see him play a game for a whole stream rather than just an hour on, then an hour on another game.

Didn't think much of the game in first few streams, so have no idea what's going on, but it's all very enjoyable.

mrspangles

Quote from: McDead on September 07, 2020, 02:52:35 PM
There is a touch of Gus Honeybun's Magic Birthdays to these streams, if Gus was a tetchy Scottish shut-in. Like a few others have said, I'm pleased for him, and he seems happy, but Homemade Show really underlined that he's capable of so much more.

A tip for the magic mushroom?

poo

"It's an absolute fooking scyam!" - Any other Limmy fans go to bed laughing about that last night?

Delights me when he says he's gonna stream every day for the rest of his life. That's fine with me.

Puce Moment

I loved him playing that horrible game for kids yesterday, deconstructing every little moment.

"So this woman who owns the cafe hasnae been paying her rent or her suppliers? Fucking hell..."

Yussef Dent

Quote from: poo on September 24, 2020, 08:50:28 AM
"It's an absolute fooking scyam!" - Any other Limmy fans go to bed laughing about that last night?

Delights me when he says he's gonna stream every day for the rest of his life. That's fine with me.

https://twitter.com/DaftLimmy/status/1308754937837428736?s=19

Still giggling at it today.

druss

Don't get as much from the gaming side of his streams usually but the Among Us stuff last night was fantastic, particularly when Limmy was the imposter.

bgmnts

I dont really watch the gaming videos but fuck me if I know he's ever mucking around on youtube it's first class.

Mister Six

Don't get why people complain about the streams being mostly dull - just wait for the good stuff to come up on YouTube... https://youtu.be/gL5CrxblRDg

Rizla

Quote from: Mister Six on October 15, 2020, 01:36:28 AM
Don't get why people complain about the streams being mostly dull - just wait for the good stuff to come up on YouTube... https://youtu.be/gL5CrxblRDg
fucking magnificent that!

Mister Six

It really is. The guy's so good at improv.

Quote from: Puce Moment on September 24, 2020, 09:21:44 AM
I loved him playing that horrible game for kids yesterday, deconstructing every little moment.

"So this woman who owns the cafe hasnae been paying her rent or her suppliers? Fucking hell..."

Can you remember what the game is called? I want to look up this bit on the 'Tube.

tinner777

Quote from: Mister Six on October 15, 2020, 03:10:54 AM
It really is. The guy's so good at improv.

Can you remember what the game is called? I want to look up this bit on the 'Tube.

It was untitled goose game

bgmnts

Quote from: Mister Six on October 15, 2020, 01:36:28 AM

Yeah you should wait for the good stuff to come out on youtube because the streams are mostly dull. The highlights are fucking cream of the crop though.

poo

I like the dull bits best. He was born to stream through Covid. Right man, right time.

tinner777

Quote from: poo on October 15, 2020, 01:38:05 PM
I like the dull bits best. He was born to stream through Covid. Right man, right time.
[/quote

love the dull bits as well, loved it a couple of days ago when he kicked some poor fucka for wrong info on rdr2, which turned out to be true, to which he admitted his mistake and made him vip. Became a right psycho this week, apologizing for skinning animals last week, now stabbing victims ten times

fit bird

Get sony on the phone and tell them they need to pump out a Death Stranding sequel pronto. Tumbling down a mountain in a bright pink truck was lightyears ahead of this dead by daylight rubbish.