Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 26, 2024, 01:50:28 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Limmy on Twitter and webcam [split topic]

Started by Neil, July 30, 2011, 09:09:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cuellar

As a diversion from the drama, I found his extended riff on having a boxing match with Gregg Wallace very funny today. Had him on in the background and was drifting in and out and suddenly realised he'd gone from talking about trucking or something to 'putting Gregg in hospital'. The fact that it seemed to come out of nowhere really tickled me.

monkfromhavana

Quote from: fit bird on December 11, 2020, 05:41:22 PM
It's always a bit freaky seeing him talk about something seriously.
How the fuck he wasn't freaked out enough to quit twitch when his moderators were planning on flying around the world to meet up with him in the middle of the coronavirus mayhem is beyond me. If that didn't do it then it must be something properly weird to get him rattled.

Was that KC? I remember hearing her talking about travelling to Scotland around now, but thought she was joking.

thugler

Quote from: Cuellar on December 11, 2020, 07:12:03 PM
As a diversion from the drama, I found his extended riff on having a boxing match with Gregg Wallace very funny today. Had him on in the background and was drifting in and out and suddenly realised he'd gone from talking about trucking or something to 'putting Gregg in hospital'. The fact that it seemed to come out of nowhere really tickled me.

Got to see this? When abouts in the stream?

Cuellar

Oooh crumbs, not entirely sure. He's playing Snow Runner at the time, probably not too long before he stops to play Dead By Daylight

edit: Not DBD, PC Builder. And it wasn't even then, it's around 2:50 into the stream I think.

trabuch

Same. I tune out and then something will tune me back in, but I always feel like I've missed the build up. It would have been about 2.5 hours in. He's a better pootling about listen than Talk Sport at least.

He's talked about this before! Must actually despise him lol.

Nobody Soup

Is it just me or is this SNL sketch - https://youtu.be/3LSByqoSpsI - lifted wholesale from limmy's "back on top" sketch.

Funnily, I've thought Kyle mooney bits have shown a heavy limmy influence before.

petril

Quote from: Nobody Soup on December 12, 2020, 08:43:43 PM
Is it just me or is this SNL sketch - https://youtu.be/3LSByqoSpsI - lifted wholesale from limmy's "back on top" sketch.

Funnily, I've thought Kyle mooney bits have shown a heavy limmy influence before.

saw the first thirty seconds, then immediately watched Limmy's better version of that idea

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A_8Uv-y8Dbc

the pals' reaction at the start is so much better, the "whit?" then they just move on and leave him. much more bleak mood there, a more intense set up for the main bit

Dog Botherer

suppose it's not the craziest or the most unique experience so it might not be a straight rip, but it is incredible how much better Limmy's version is.

Yussef Dent

Quote from: Beep Cleep Chimney on December 09, 2020, 04:59:07 PM

Same applies to watching any of Francis Higgins' live streams on YouTube.  Get that deathly chat turned OFF.

Quote from: chveik on December 09, 2020, 05:24:31 PM
I really like the way Francis handles the chat (EMBARRASSMENT ALERT) he's also made it very clear that he won't move to twitch.

Sometimes the chat on Francis Higgins' streams can be alright, when he's being "himself" he seems to go to the chat to get people involved. I can't find it now but him rewriting the Gerry Hannan and Frank McCourt spat to get as much storm-based puns in as possible through people suggesting them in the chat is a way it really worked.

However, he really did have a problem with the person who kept constantly tipping him in exchange to promote their track on his stream. To almost stop them from chucking money at him, he relented and broke with the stream to play this person's track. It was a version of All That She Wants by Ace Of Base sounding like a Marilyn Manson tribute act. The chat let them know of their ire to it, quite savagely in some cases. Francis Higgins had to stop it and explain that this sort of thing was not right (he didn't say anything about the track in particular, just it was inappropriate for that to be in the middle of a comedy stream) to try and bribe him into doing stuff. It killed the vibe of the stream that night as well as he couldn't come up with anything funny as it changed the mood of it all, people in the chat though convinced him to keep going.

chveik

yeah I remember that. it was in a middle of a great computer chronicles episode.

Mister Six

Quote from: Fishfinger on December 11, 2020, 04:36:24 PM
Prime subs need to be manually renewed, so it's not a problem. If you cancel, you keep the 'benefits' until the sub would've expired, i.e. you've bought a month. So he'll get paid regardless, presumably at the end of the subscription period.

Lovely, ta!

druss

Quote from: Dog Botherer on December 12, 2020, 11:37:45 PM
suppose it's not the craziest or the most unique experience so it might not be a straight rip, but it is incredible how much better Limmy's version is.
Seems a pretty straight rip off to me. Starts with friends making jokes with each other and everyone laughing, cuts to a guy who makes a shite joke and no one laughs, then a little musical number, ending with the initial guy making a joke that does land.

Any one of those elements on their own you could maybe make a case for it being an original idea that just happened to be similar to Limmy's, but with everything together there's no way that one of the writer's hadn't seen the Limmy sketch.

But as has been said, far better in Limmy's show.

Cuellar

Quote from: petrilTanaka on December 12, 2020, 11:35:03 PM
saw the first thirty seconds, then immediately watched Limmy's better version of that idea

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A_8Uv-y8Dbc

the pals' reaction at the start is so much better, the "whit?" then they just move on and leave him. much more bleak mood there, a more intense set up for the main bit

For some reason 'seven pints of lager and pear cider' really makes me laugh.

Dog Botherer

Quote from: druss on December 13, 2020, 08:44:24 AM
Seems a pretty straight rip off to me. Starts with friends making jokes with each other and everyone laughing, cuts to a guy who makes a shite joke and no one laughs, then a little musical number, ending with the initial guy making a joke that does land.

Any one of those elements on their own you could maybe make a case for it being an original idea that just happened to be similar to Limmy's, but with everything together there's no way that one of the writer's hadn't seen the Limmy sketch.

But as has been said, far better in Limmy's show.

wouldn't be the first time SNL lifted a sketch wholesale. anyone shown Limmy yet?

kalowski

Quote from: Cuellar on December 13, 2020, 01:39:56 PM
For some reason 'seven pints of lager and pear cider' really makes me laugh.
Plus the grizzled "Gonna take a little time", repeated, is delightful. Especially as he doesn't really mime it

idunnosomename

The failed "jokes" in the SNL one are just nonsense too. And he's already made a meta "cut to" joke so it makes no sense it catches them off guard to make them laugh.

Pish poor writing to realise a concept

MrMrs

fuck me, even his twitter is depressing right now, with the screenshot from games

Quote from: MrMrs on December 14, 2020, 10:51:35 PM
fuck me, even his twitter is depressing right now, with the screenshot from games

It's what he enjoys

bgmnts

Comedy's loss is Limmy's gain. Fine by me.

Chollis

Quote from: Nobody Soup on December 12, 2020, 08:43:43 PM

god i hate SNL so much

canadagoose

Some arsehole has been harassing Limmy and family. Sounds pretty worrying, i hope they get done for it.

https://twitter.com/Lynn_McGoo/status/1342130463469670407?s=19

wooders1978

What a shit thing to have to deal with, at any time, let alone Christmas

Enzo

Shoulders?-Stomach!

bgmnts

The price of doing business on Twitch I suppose.

Poor buggers.

Neomod

"Secret coded messages via his social media and streams"

Kin ell.

RickyHamster

Quote from: MrMrs on December 27, 2020, 12:57:39 AM
is it kate?

Let it go pal. Just face the fact they are mates and he doesn't know you exist.