Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 11:27:19 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Limmy on Twitter and webcam [split topic]

Started by Neil, July 30, 2011, 09:09:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lost Oliver

I'm surprised this hasn't happened before or more often. I also bet Limmy is finding some of it absolutely hilarious (or will in ten years time when they've moved house, schools and he can finally get back to a 'normal life').

kngen

Quote from: Neomod on December 27, 2020, 12:50:03 AM
"Secret coded messages via his social media and streams"

Sounds like textbook schizophrenia. Hope they get the help they need, for everyone's sake.

Retinend

Maybe you could say you love the person and want to elope with them? "All those secret messages... on Twitch... on Twitter.... in your cereal bowl this morning... it's all true.  They were just for you, I was so scared you would never work it out "

Arrange dates with them at "secret" restaurants that, because they are secret, don't show up on Google maps. Say that your missus is monitoring your social media and you can't meet until you meet in person. When they arrive there respond to all messages with "just coming. will explain everything soon". Repeat this a few times with the very occasional apologetic voice message, imploring them not to alert the missus to what you are planning with too many messages. Drag this phase out for a few months.

Then, after a while, send them real a one-way ticket to Timbuktu in order to elope. For real, this time. If they somehow contact you from Tibuktu, just say that the missus found out and destroyed the ticket and is monitoring your social media, but you've bought the ticket and will be out there tomorrow... oops... the day after... oops... the day after. Rinse and repeat until they stop indulging themselves in fantasy that is becoming waaaaaay more than they subconsciously bargained for.  They'll probably tell themselves that they are merely falling out of love.

Obviously this is completely impractical, "cruel" (if viewed in a perverse way), and would risk enraging the schizoid chap or chapette... but still... if I was already being terrorized constantly and felt as if I were in his control somehow, and he was scaring my son, I would search for ways of getting the better of him and testing whether he is really so completely unaware of the effect his actions had.

Retinend

Quote from: RickyHamster on December 27, 2020, 02:17:02 AM
Let it go pal. Just face the fact they are mates and he doesn't know you exist.

To be fair to MrMr, Katercakes did show up in Glasgow totally unannounced recently, only to be ghosted by Limmy. What's more, she sleeps in an unusual pattern just so she can play more games with Limmy. So she can be online at his behest. If I were married to her I would feel like it was something akin to obsession.

MrMrs

yep, that was a fair thing to ask. fuck off hammy

RickyHamster

I will not fuck off and that's the end of that.

Keeping an eye on you.

Zetetic

Quote from: kngen on December 27, 2020, 02:45:37 PM
Sounds like textbook schizophrenia. Hope they get the help they need, for everyone's sake.
Just echoing this really - if this bloke does have psychosis (and the gross misinterpretation of Limmy's output as 'coded message' is strong signal), getting locked into a cycle with Limmy and the police is going to be miserable (even if he's not any serious physical threat).

chveik

Quote from: Retinend on December 27, 2020, 06:55:53 PM
Maybe you could say you love the person and want to elope with them? "All those secret messages... on Twitch... on Twitter.... in your cereal bowl this morning... it's all true.  They were just for you, I was so scared you would never work it out "

Arrange dates with them at "secret" restaurants that, because they are secret, don't show up on Google maps. Say that your missus is monitoring your social media and you can't meet until you meet in person. When they arrive there respond to all messages with "just coming. will explain everything soon". Repeat this a few times with the very occasional apologetic voice message, imploring them not to alert the missus to what you are planning with too many messages. Drag this phase out for a few months.

Then, after a while, send them real a one-way ticket to Timbuktu in order to elope. For real, this time. If they somehow contact you from Tibuktu, just say that the missus found out and destroyed the ticket and is monitoring your social media, but you've bought the ticket and will be out there tomorrow... oops... the day after... oops... the day after. Rinse and repeat until they stop indulging themselves in fantasy that is becoming waaaaaay more than they subconsciously bargained for.  They'll probably tell themselves that they are merely falling out of love.

Obviously this is completely impractical, "cruel" (if viewed in a perverse way), and would risk enraging the schizoid chap or chapette... but still... if I was already being terrorized constantly and felt as if I were in his control somehow, and he was scaring my son, I would search for ways of getting the better of him and testing whether he is really so completely unaware of the effect his actions had.

dunno if you're serious or not but that's really not the way to deal with a stalker. don't engage with the cunt.

Retinend

Just joking. Well, 90% joking at least.

Of course, the right thing to do is to get a restraining order.

That said, I have a friend who had that done and in the end it was only effective for six months. It took that long again to get it in place in the first place, and the police were hardly sympathetic (my friend is gay, with a gay stalker).

canadagoose

Tuesday's improv story, "Pint of Bitter", was hilarious. Perfect kitchen sink comedy drama. "We all need to t'JOB!" "She's ten times the bloody woman that you bloody deserve, ye BLOODY... BASTAD!"

NoOffenceLynn

At the moment l'm enjoying the Twitch interrupting new kitten he has.

bgmnts

https://youtu.be/7SQtIHdg7fU

Just want to link this again because its the best thing Limmy has ever done on Twitch (maybe Stan is better).

Ham Bap

Someone anonymously donated £1000 worth of subs to him on Thursday.
Some amount of money.

FsF

Quote from: canadagoose on January 21, 2021, 08:57:59 PM
Tuesday's improv story, "Pint of Bitter", was hilarious. Perfect kitchen sink comedy drama. "We all need to t'JOB!" "She's ten times the bloody woman that you bloody deserve, ye BLOODY... BASTAD!"

Just watching this now, and its every bit as great as I might have hoped. Genuinely think Limmy could do an amazing job making a kitchen sink comedy drama if he had the impetus. Here's a link for those wanting to watch it (highly recommended!): https://youtu.be/DSe-3SUEsiQ?t=1378

thugler

Quote from: FsF on January 25, 2021, 12:39:54 PM
Just watching this now, and its every bit as great as I might have hoped. Genuinely think Limmy could do an amazing job making a kitchen sink comedy drama if he had the impetus. Here's a link for those wanting to watch it (highly recommended!): https://youtu.be/DSe-3SUEsiQ?t=1378

Yeah I'd love to see him do something like that. I always thought he could do a dramatic film, but he'd need total control over the production of it or he'd get pissed off again.

non capisco

Quote from: canadagoose on January 21, 2021, 08:57:59 PM

That latter face/voice had me in tears of laughter.

Retinend

Custard

He's great. Sometimes I just think of Limmy's face and I'm cracking up

Might have to give the karaoke videos a rewatch soon. The Two Princes one is fantastic

bgmnts

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kMHb06tESkg&ab_channel=LimmyTwitchClipsPlus

I thought katercakes was like stalking Limmy or something? They've patched things up now?

FsF

That clip is from a good few months ago, going by the game he's playing, but I don't think they've ever had a falling out or anything like that. He just prefers to play games by himself currently (long may it continue, say I!)

Custard

I was watching a load of Limmy webcam bits and bobs the other night, and it's the most I've laughed in ages. Proper face aches afterwards. Fuck, he's a very funny man. And surprisingly down to earth, etc

Retinend

edit: misunderstanding

H-O-W-L

I play DBD intermittently and I can't imagine how fucking boring it must be to watch since there are several matches you basically have to throw long-term (and thus drag out) since the game is so desperately unfair in whom it matches you with, especially if you play Killer.

jobotic

I know that this is (very) old hat to you lot but when I was bed ridden a few weeks ago I started listening to Limmy's World of Glasgow on Fourable.

Brilliant, and spectacularly grim. Check out Marti Pellow

https://fourble.co.uk/podcast/limmysworldo

El Unicornio, mang

Quote from: bgmnts on April 17, 2021, 10:35:02 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kMHb06tESkg&ab_channel=LimmyTwitchClipsPlus

I thought katercakes was like stalking Limmy or something? They've patched things up now?

I think it was more his fans piling onto her on Reddit accusing her of being an annoying stalker and that he only puts up with her because she sends him money, and Limmy himself had to step in and tell them to stop it.