Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 09:04:40 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Limmy on Twitter and webcam [split topic]

Started by Neil, July 30, 2011, 09:09:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bgmnts

Quote from: El Unicornio, mang on April 20, 2021, 04:05:31 PM
I think it was more his fans piling onto her on Reddit accusing her of being an annoying stalker and that he only puts up with her because she sends him money, and Limmy himself had to step in and tell them to stop it.

Ah okay I just remember that his wife put up a post telling someone to stop stalking Limmy or something.

riotinlagos

Quote from: bgmnts on April 20, 2021, 04:17:59 PM
Ah okay I just remember that his wife put up a post telling someone to stop stalking Limmy or something.

It was another ex-mod who was doing that, not one he ever played games with.

El Unicornio, mang

Quote from: bgmnts on April 20, 2021, 04:17:59 PM

Here's his post in reddit after katercakes [deleted] OP was getting a bashing

https://www.reddit.com/r/Limmy/comments/gs95ja/hugs_to_all_from_a_limmy_mod/fs51i29/?context=3

dr_christian_troy

Finally been watching the Twitch stream. What took me so long? No idea, but what a joy! I've been watching live the last week or so; and now dipping into the archives. Thoroughly enjoying the adventures of the man in his pants running around the ranch.

Fr.Bigley

The Minecraft sociopath gets me.

"Haaaa didnae wanna get stabbed in frontae is weans so he fockin jumped aff the buildin Mon"

canadagoose

Quote from: Fr.Bigley on April 30, 2021, 06:26:57 PM
The Minecraft sociopath gets me.

"Haaaa didnae wanna get stabbed in frontae is weans so he fockin jumped aff the buildin Mon"
Limmy's Minecraft phase needs to come back. I honestly didn't expect it in the first place and it resulted in some unlikely hilarity.

Avril Lavigne

I found his Minecraft torture-chamber phase very tedious and needlessly grim/edgelordy but I think the same can kinda be applied to a lot of his short stories. I much prefer him just being himself talking about whatever comes into his mind in the moment and I really hope he's over playing up that sort of one-note nihilistic vibe.

FsF

I feel like the ultra-dark, violent stuff is every bit as much of who he is as the lighter stuff is, just he manages to keep it more contained. His material has had a sick nihilistic edge to it as far back as his World of Glasgow podcasts, and probably even further back still.

Too much of it in a row can definitely get tedious though, even as enjoyable as three wee guys getting stuck into Craig can be.

druss

Give me a crying junkie begging his mum for help or a father saying he loves the muck more than his son any day over the lighter stuff.

pk1yen

Quote from: riotinlagos on April 19, 2021, 08:14:25 AM
Limmy lays into forum favourite Bingo by Catch - https://www.twitch.tv/videos/992592820?t=1h25m46s

Wikipedia says their debut album was only ever released in Indonesia. What a find that would be. Anyone on here have any idea where one might find a copy? There must be a torrent somewhere.

chveik

pk1yen

Quote from: chveik on May 04, 2021, 01:22:23 PM
it must be on soulseek

Ah man it actually is! Didn't even realise Soulseek was still going. What a treat.

Avril Lavigne

Quote from: FsF on May 04, 2021, 01:15:08 AM
I feel like the ultra-dark, violent stuff is every bit as much of who he is as the lighter stuff is, just he manages to keep it more contained. His material has had a sick nihilistic edge to it as far back as his World of Glasgow podcasts, and probably even further back still.

Too much of it in a row can definitely get tedious though, even as enjoyable as three wee guys getting stuck into Craig can be.

Quote from: druss on May 04, 2021, 12:41:25 PM
Give me a crying junkie begging his mum for help or a father saying he loves the muck more than his son any day over the lighter stuff.

I love all of the dark comedy he's done, the crying junkie clip is one of my favourites from his Twitch era. But it's well-done character comedy with some hilarious acting involved, as opposed to him as himself just murdering nonthreatening videogame characters over and over.

Malcy

Quote from: pk1yen on May 04, 2021, 01:40:27 PM
Ah man it actually is! Didn't even realise Soulseek was still going. What a treat.

There is/was a CAB room on Soulseek but can't remember who was involved to see if it's still on the go or what it even was really.

I'd like to be able to get into Limmy's Twitch stuff but just can't. Any time I've tuned in it's him thanking people for subs or telling people in the chat to behave and have no interest in the games he plays. Enjoyed him just chatting while playing the truck simulator though.

stonkers

Quote from: Malcy on May 04, 2021, 10:02:32 PM
I'd like to be able to get into Limmy's Twitch stuff but just can't. Any time I've tuned in it's him thanking people for subs or telling people in the chat to behave and have no interest in the games he plays. Enjoyed him just chatting while playing the truck simulator though.

Watching it live is usually pretty dull, when he's he's just farting about playing games, but there's some great stuff in there. My favourite bits are when he goes down YoutTube holes, he spent an hour the other day watching a video of people riding the Orient Express which was brilliant.

Malcy

Quote from: stonkers on May 04, 2021, 10:08:01 PM
Watching it live is usually pretty dull, when he's he's just farting about playing games, but there's some great stuff in there. My favourite bits are when he goes down YoutTube holes, he spent an hour the other day watching a video of people riding the Orient Express which was brilliant.

I should look at the account that uploads his streams more often and go for stuff like that.

stonkers

Quote from: Malcy on May 04, 2021, 10:15:24 PM
I should look at the account that uploads his streams more often and go for stuff like that.

Here you go! https://youtu.be/bcAgakZkRY0?t=5271

non capisco

Oh man, this Orient Express bit is slaying me. Love the guy.

FsF

Limmy absolutely excoriating the Orient Express trip is some of the funniest stuff he's done in months. I love how he kept going back to it through the rest of the stream, so stunned he was at the whole experience.

Jerzy Bondov

Wish I'd been in the chat to give him shit for being unable to recognise various foods

druss

Quote from: Avril Lavigne on May 04, 2021, 09:58:18 PM
I love all of the dark comedy he's done, the crying junkie clip is one of my favourites from his Twitch era. But it's well-done character comedy with some hilarious acting involved, as opposed to him as himself just murdering nonthreatening videogame characters over and over.
I thought this one had a bit more to it than mindless killing, probably my favourite minecraft clip:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jJUY6_7mmXM

GoblinAhFuckScary

mental reading some of this thread and seeing the perpetual drama of limmy's 'community'

parasocial relationships, man

giveover

I'd absolutely pay someone to curate a weekly hour's best bits from Limmy's streams. No chance I'm watching everything he streams but it kills me knowing I'm missing out on some solid gold. If anyone fancies setting up a Patreon, count me in

Retinend

Benny Harvey RIP would make a subscriber out of me if he did something like that. I'd appreciate a sort of weekly digest of the streams. Sort of like an ersatz Limmy's Show.

On YouTube, Limmy only issues tiny clips of 2 or 3 minutes.  it's like he still pines for Vine. Why not use a longer format? Most streamers are regularly uploading lengthy episodes from their streams.

This channel does bi-monthly best bits videos: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZmYIX4J5sEE

That might fill a gap, but agree more regular best-of videos would be fantastic.