Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 11:50:50 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Limmy on Twitter and webcam [split topic]

Started by Neil, July 30, 2011, 09:09:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Quote from: peanutbutter on August 07, 2021, 11:14:30 AM
I listened to the audiobook and I'd say that's the way to go.

Limmy's voice is so strong in my mind I can't remember if I read the book or listened to the audiobook now I think about it.

druss

I know this is an old clip but it was re-uploaded recently:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KN35OhCkQI4

Can't really put my finger on why it makes me laugh so much, it isn't witty or clever, it's stupid but fuck me it's funny.

Not sure how something like this could work or be funny in a recorded sketch show.

GoblinAhFuckScary

really think limmy comes off proper weird in that review video

Jerzy Bondov

Quote from: druss on August 08, 2021, 08:24:03 AM

Can't really put my finger on why it makes me laugh so much, it isn't witty or clever, it's stupid but fuck me it's funny.

Not sure how something like this could work or be funny in a recorded sketch show.
Yeah I love this as well. The desperation on his face is so good.

madhair60

Does anyone have the archive of Limmy's "Lose1000" from a decade ago?

Utter Shit

It's brilliant, I've watched it so many times. It's incredible how well he gets across his changing emotions in such a short space of time. He goes from joking, to angry, to scared. to tired and back to normal all in the space of about ten seconds.

The Bumlord

He gammoned himself the other night. I don't think I've ever been more concerned for a man's blood pressure.

The main event clipped here:

https://clips.twitch.tv/CuteMildOysterWOOP-kJvqVx0Q-snVMOOc

ajsmith2

It's kind of mental how this thread's been running for a decade now and has still to make it to 100 pages.

Cuellar

He needs to pivot to transphobia, the threads will really fly then.

MoreauVasz

He just needs a few more bangers like 'holding his breath on camera'.

Retinend

Quote from: Utterdrivel on August 12, 2021, 08:46:21 AM
He gammoned himself the other night. I don't think I've ever been more concerned for a man's blood pressure.

The main event clipped here:

https://clips.twitch.tv/CuteMildOysterWOOP-kJvqVx0Q-snVMOOc

The Engammoning

Retinend

Quote from: MoreauVasz on August 12, 2021, 11:19:56 AM

What do you even like?

The Bumlord

Quote from: MoreauVasz on August 12, 2021, 11:19:56 AM

The whole bit was highly amusing. Grumpy.

ProvanFan

I used to do that as a child, and sometimes I was sad, and at night my room was dark, so it's clear he's depressed.

I have gammoned my avatar in a show of support for Limmy.

madhair60

Cold Meat Platter

Awful the poor man has had to debase himself like that.
Properly concerned for his mental wellbeing.

paddy72

I've also been trying to find the Vine clip with with the sock puppet ('You want me to kill 'em all?'), but to no avail.

If anyone has a link to that, it'd be much appreciated!

Utter Shit

On a similar note, if anyone knows where I can find the incredibly short clip of him in the passenger seat of a car in GTA5 in first-person mode, seeing someone on the street bury an axe in someone's head and shouting "He's got an axe! DRIVE!" I'd love to see it again - it was on his Youtube account but I think he must have deleted it cos I can't find it anywhere. It's brilliant.

Retinend

Quote from: Utterdrivel on August 13, 2021, 08:29:33 AM

Are these all bona fide gammon Question Time people or something?

Quote from: Utter Shit on August 13, 2021, 10:37:09 AM
On a similar note, if anyone knows where I can find the incredibly short clip of him in the passenger seat of a car in GTA5 in first-person mode, seeing someone on the street bury an axe in someone's head and shouting "He's got an axe! DRIVE!" I'd love to see it again - it was on his Youtube account but I think he must have deleted it cos I can't find it anywhere. It's brilliant.

His 2021 revisit or circa 2013? I'm going through these GTAV playthroughs currently, because I just got into this game in a big way. Will tell you if I see it.

imitationleather

Quote from: Retinend on August 13, 2021, 10:56:30 AM
Are these all bona fide gammon Question Time people or something?

You've seriously never seen that before? They were all on a Question Time special prior to the 2017 election. They're infamous for asking Jeremy Corbyn dumb questions about whether he'd nuke North Korea and so on, while they just asked Theresa May why she was so great over and over.

Feels like a million years ago now.

Retinend

I was out of the country at the time so thanks for the context. This was the genesis of "gammon"?

imitationleather

I think it's the first time I heard it.

kalowski

I remember it like it was yesterday.
"Mr Corbyn, I can press the red button on my remote control. Will you press the red button? The nuclear button?"

Video Game Fan 2000

Quote from: GoblinAhFuckScary on August 08, 2021, 12:37:24 PM
really think limmy comes off proper weird in that review video

Agree. Like Limmy a lot but this was hard to watch.

I really don't like when he repeats/imitates peoples phrases and mannerisms.

Chollis

Quote from: Video Game Fan 2000 on August 14, 2021, 03:09:38 PM
I really don't like when he repeats/imitates peoples phrases and mannerisms.

nothing...prepares you for this

Icehaven

Quote from: Retinend on August 13, 2021, 11:18:00 PM
I was out of the country at the time so thanks for the context. This was the genesis of "gammon"?

Quote from: imitationleather on August 13, 2021, 11:23:28 PM
I think it's the first time I heard it.

It's actually been recorded as an insult as early as the 1600s, but Dickens first used it with a political/nationalistic angle in Nicholas Nickleby in 1838;

QuoteThe time had been, when this burst of enthusiasm would have been cheered to the very echo; but now, the deputation received it with chilling coldness. The general impression seemed to be, that as an explanation of Mr. Gregsbury's political conduct, it did not enter quite enough into detail; and one gentleman in the rear did not scruple to remark aloud, that, for his purpose, it savoured rather too much of a 'gammon' tendency.

The meaning of that term—gammon,' said Mr. Gregsbury, 'is unknown to me. If it means that I grow a little too fervid, or perhaps even hyperbolical, in extolling my native land, I admit the full justice of the remark. I am proud of this free and happy country. My form dilates, my eye glistens, my breast heaves, my heart swells, my bosom burns, when I call to mind her greatness and her glory.

I thought his reaction to the review was just bemusement. That "intelligence of a certain kind" line deserved a far stronger reaction tbh. I did laugh at "his partner, a long-suffering woman called Lynn".

JamesTC

Malcy

Top middle looks like a cross between Chris Moyles & Stephen Graham.