Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 12:32:24 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Limmy on Twitter and webcam [split topic]

Started by Neil, July 30, 2011, 09:09:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Custard

Quote from: MoreauVasz on August 12, 2021, 11:19:56 AM
He just needs a few more bangers like 'holding his breath on camera'.

You're really tedious

Hank Venture

Watching his Obra Dinn playthrough and getting really worried for his mental faculties. One of the most frustrating things I've ever seen.

weaseldust

Quote from: Hank Venture on August 15, 2021, 03:14:16 PM
Watching his Obra Dinn playthrough and getting really worried for his mental faculties. One of the most frustrating things I've ever seen.

https://youtu.be/4ICixz9Z4V8

Hank Venture

Just incredible how he cannot wrap his head around the basic mechanics of the game after playing like 10 hours. Also he hyper focuses on the most minute detail while ignoring the actual blatant clues presented to him. Excruciating.

Dog Botherer

Skyrim done. could tell he'd been getting bored of it.

Retinend

Quote from: Carpool Dragon on August 14, 2021, 11:11:27 PM
I thought his reaction to the review was just bemusement

Did you see the longer clip posted? I think that might just be the abrupt way that the clip I posted ended. He's less "bemused", and more straightforwardly triggered.

Quote from: kevinq on August 06, 2021, 09:05:10 AM
There's an extended version where he goes on to respond in more detail after listening (and looks up negative reviews of Lloyd Cole's last album out of spite):
https://youtu.be/YNq7-SWrcHU

He goes on to do an improv section that he breaks off because he can't stop thinking about the "intelligence of a certain kind" remark, and he even goes so far as to say that Lloyd Cole "probably" went to a publisher to get a novel published and that they turned him down because it wouldn't sell.

The Bumlord

Skyrim is dead. Long live Lawn Mowing Simulator.

Custard

I dunno, parts of it he seemed genuinely annoyed, other times he looked like he was struggling not to laugh. Which is standard Limmy

Its like when he shouts at his mods or someone he is playing against, then catches himself and cracks up

Neomod

Definitely a performative element to Limmy's reaction there. Seen enough of his work to be able to tell by now and I don't even watch the streams.

Yeah, the mask definitely slips at times there, which is lovely to see.

Hank Venture

Watching him play puzzle games is a healthy outlet for self hatred.

I.D. Smith

Quote from: Captain Z on September 13, 2021, 04:28:29 PM
What Limmy looks like now will break your heart:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yo1odt9q0T0

That technology is amazing. Apart from the odd wee glitch - that I'm probably only noticing because I'm looking out for it - it looks completely real, to my eyes at least. What technology is it? Surely it's something more powerful than just a basic Instagram filter or something?

Captain Z

Apparently it's that Faceapp, never used it myself but it can obviously do video clips quite effectively now too.

Retinend

Butchers Blind

Is this the longest running thread on here? First post was back in 2011.

MrMrs

I feel awful for his kid and lynn. What an embarrassment of a person

Ballad of Ballard Berkley

Quote from: MrMrs on September 26, 2021, 11:03:33 PM

You don't feel awful for them at all, you strange, obsessive oddball.

bgmnts

Quote from: MrMrs on September 26, 2021, 11:03:33 PM

Why's that?

MrMrs

Genuinely do, I'd be mortified if my partner or dad posted the shit he does

bgmnts

Quote from: MrMrs on September 27, 2021, 12:07:50 AM
Genuinely do, I'd be mortified if my partner or dad posted the shit he does

Why's that?

madhair60

Just put MrMrs on ignore, they never say anything worth reading

H-O-W-L

I have sort of tired of watching him play games that have plots, puzzles, or campaign modes because I don't think Limmy or his brand of humor is very good for that kind of game-- he doesn't really end up drumming up much insight, more just getting frustrated. You can see it worst with his Life is Strange runs-- those have real-time moments when you're replying to conversations and prompts, and when Limmy ends up stuck for an hour recounting a story/thanking subs/yelling at chat in a cycle the awkwardness becomes incredibly amplified by the repeated shot/reverseshot of the protag and their conversational partner.

There's always gems when he's playing something like Trucking Sim though because there he can be organically funny rather than have to be prompted by something in the game -- not least because those games that prompt him often lead him to GETTING BOND WRONG moments where he wasn't paying attention (which is fair, he's streaming) and misconstrued something, or got something wrong.

I think this is why Let's Plays of SP/plot/campaign games are always superior to streams; there's way less downtime and you can trim out stuck moments and focus on the funny and the commentary of the game itself. That and you can always post-record commentary.

Ham Bap

Quote from: H-O-W-L on September 27, 2021, 02:26:15 PM
I have sort of tired of watching him play games that have plots, puzzles, or campaign modes because I don't think Limmy or his brand of humor is very good for that kind of game-- he doesn't really end up drumming up much insight, more just getting frustrated. You can see it worst with his Life is Strange runs-- those have real-time moments when you're replying to conversations and prompts, and when Limmy ends up stuck for an hour recounting a story/thanking subs/yelling at chat in a cycle the awkwardness becomes incredibly amplified by the repeated shot/reverseshot of the protag and their conversational partner.

There's always gems when he's playing something like Trucking Sim though because there he can be organically funny rather than have to be prompted by something in the game -- not least because those games that prompt him often lead him to GETTING BOND WRONG moments where he wasn't paying attention (which is fair, he's streaming) and misconstrued something, or got something wrong.

I think this is why Let's Plays of SP/plot/campaign games are always superior to streams; there's way less downtime and you can trim out stuck moments and focus on the funny and the commentary of the game itself. That and you can always post-record commentary.

Ive stopped watching him on Twitch the past 6 months and was trying to think why, the bolded part is why.
But it is what it is. He seems to average maybe an extra 1000 people a day than a couple of months ago.
Fair play, seems to be making a fortune playing games.

Ive dipped in and out of a stream recently. No mention of Katercakes etc anymore it seems.

H-O-W-L

Honestly as someone very into games (moreso than I'm into Limmy all told) I just can't stand sitting and watching someone play a game I like (or at least have beaten, even if it's a game I fucking hate) and just be bad at it, even for humor's sake. Watching his Black Mesa run and watching him yell at random stuff just to try and go on a tangent made me irritated, and I fucking hate that remake for personal reasons anyway. The only actual streams I can stomach of games nowadays are speedruns, because runners are always shit-hot at the game they're running and so I don't have this angry "give me the controller" reaction. Maybe for some people that's the appeal but it really isn't for me.

It's like watching yer da play games, better or worse.

An tSaoi

Quote from: H-O-W-L on September 27, 2021, 02:26:15 PM
I have sort of tired of watching him play games that have plots, puzzles, or campaign modes because -- Shameless Custard, thanks for the sub! -- because I don't think Limmy or his brand of humor is very good for that kind of game -- Hank Venture, thanks for the 200 bits! -- he doesn't really end up drumming up much insight, more just getting frustrated. -- weaseldust, thanks for the 12 month fuckin' resub! -- You can see it worst with his Life is Strange runs -- Dog Botherer: "Can I get a blahem please?" Sorry the blahem's been taken, sorry mate -- those have real-time moments when you're replying to conversations and prompts, -- mods, could you give Retinend a timeout please? -- and when Limmy ends up stuck for an hour recounting a story/thanking subs/yelling at chat in a cycle -- Utterdrivel: "Can I get a shoutout to my make Kevin, it's his birthday?" Hi Kevin, happy birthday man" -- the awkwardness becomes incredibly amplified by -- Neomod: "Can you do Dee Dee please?" Er, "fucking, where's mah hash man? I'm Dee Dee. Where's mah fuckin' hash?" -- the repeated shot/reverseshot of the protag and their conversational partner.

There's always gems when he's playing something like Trucking Sim though -- ImmaculateClump, thanks for the fuckin' 500 bits! -- because there he can be organically funny rather than have to be prompted by something in the game -- Captain Z, thanks for the sub -- not least because those games that prompt him often lead him to GETTING BOND WRONG moments where -- I.D. Smith, thanks for the 12 fuckin' gift subs! Butchers Blind, thanks for bits -- he wasn't paying attention (which is fair, he's streaming) and misconstrued something -- Chollis: "Can I get a Prince blahem please?" Sorry mate, blahem's been taken. Blahem's been taken" -- or got something wrong.

I think this is why Let's Plays of SP/plot/campaign games are always superior to streams -- MrMrs, thanks for the sub, Ballad of Ballard Berkley, thanks for the bits, bgmnts, thanks for the resub -- there's way less downtime and you can trim out stuck moments and focus on the funny and the commentary of the game itself -- madhair60 thanks for the gift subs, "Can I get a Richard E Grant blahem?" Sorry mate, the blahem's been taken -- That and -- mods, can you ban H-O-W-L please? Ham Bap, "Can I get a blahem?" The fuckin' blahems been fuckin' taken! Fuck's sake -- you can always post-record commentary.

That's what it's like trying to listen to his stream now. It takes half an hour to tell a three minute anecdote, between thanking people, arguing with people, getting distracted by some memory of Top of the Pops, finding the video on YouTube, going through it frame by frame, going back to the game, thanking more people, trying to remember what he was saying etc. Is that what OCD feels like?

And he says everything twice. He says everything fuckin' twice.

Limmy Two-Times