Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 06:20:10 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Limmy on Twitter and webcam [split topic]

Started by Neil, July 30, 2011, 09:09:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Neil

Quote from: daz on August 24, 2011, 09:31:18 PM
Heh.  Surely you know his schtick by now?  I'm surprised so many were fooled by the apology.

I do, but have been drinking all day, and was momentarily worried at the thought he'd commit one of my major comedian sins: apologising for a joke.  That's the ultimate no-no for me.  But, aye.  Soon as I saw him, I was relieved.

Neil

Quote from: I accept the terms of the on August 24, 2011, 09:37:46 PM
He's singing along to You Win Again and claiming it's about sexual abuse. I love him so much.

I'm in tears laughing at that.  The notion that it's an anthem for forceful, violent rape is too, too funny.

I accept the terms of the

Quote from: Neil on August 24, 2011, 09:42:40 PM
I'm in tears laughing at that.  The notion that it's an anthem for forceful, violent rape is too, too funny.
Especially coupled with his detailed analysis of it and... OH GOD WHAT A BRILLIANT SIGN OFF. Can't even be bothered to finish what I was typing, I'm too amused.

Slaaaaabs

papalaz4444244

Quote from: kitsofan34 on August 24, 2011, 09:36:28 PM
Did anyone else rather ashamedly laugh at his Gaddafi "Legend" avatar? Please don't say it was just me.
Not just you!  I'm looking forward to alienating people with the same avatar myself on my Facebook page.

Had on the whole Limmy Series 1 DVD in one sitting yesterday.  Even the Harry Enfield's Television Programme-esque menu sequence had me in fits, especially
Spoiler alert
"welcome to the secret part of the Limmy's Show DVD.  Naw, only kiddin', get t'fuck."
[close]

And, yeah, that whole webcam bit was fantastic.

Neil

Quote from: I accept the terms of the on August 24, 2011, 09:44:32 PM
Especially coupled with his detailed analysis of it and... OH GOD WHAT A BRILLIANT SIGN OFF. Can't even be bothered to finish what I was typing, I'm too amused.

Yes!  Usually hate rape jokes as they're so trite, but it was the unexpected, extemporaneous nature of it that floored me, combined with the indepth, blase explanations. 

As for the sign off, I did a cap:

[While Ace Of Base - Never Gonna Say I'm Sorry played.  He's like my ideal comedian.]

kitsofan34

Guy Woodward better have f'ing recorded this one.

Fuck, I missed it tonight. How long was he on for?
Reckon it'll be on YouTube by the morra.

Was on about 40 minutes?  One of his best ever shows, that.  From the non-obvious sarky apology to the tangent-ridden rapey Bee Gees stuff to the final signoff, it was maybe his best one yet.  It's so refreshing to see something non-careerist, thoughtful, inventive and daring.

I accept the terms of the

DaftLimmy: The problem with Steve Jobs resigning is that the whites have become black.

Depressed Beyond Tables

I've never been tempted to follow anyone on Twitter, or any of them social network things, but I'd follow Limmy. Always fresh and experimenting.

Neil

I can't wait to see this again, I really hope Guy Woodward got it.  It was lovely character-driven stuff, too, where he would read out posts from people who had mixed up "you're" and "your", and would play down the importance of making such mistakes.  He kept doing that - making out he didn't care about people's grammatical fuck-ups, while continually pointing them out anyway, for those of us in the know. 

On that note, has anyone seen @domjoly on Twitter?  I keep wondering if he's been like that since he's been on Twitter, or if he's just ripping Limmy's shtick off.

Famous Mortimer

I'm hung over a bit, but can anyone furnish me with a CaB-Amazon-store appropriate link to buy Limmy's Show on DVD?

Little Hoover

Doesn't the link under the banner at the top of the page do that?

Famous Mortimer

I tried that and couldn't see the "cab-21" in the address when I was about to buy it, so stopped.

Johnny Townmouse

I have to admire that he started the webcam show with Ace Of Base's Never Gonna Say I'm Sorry, and also the Bee Gees interpretation was wonderful. I also love the way that he sings - with that slightly whispery American accent and the constipated face.

Having now watched a few of the webcam shows it's hard to work out to what extent the chat room fans are being genuinely arselicky and dopey. I don't see how anyone could think he was apologising, but it seems some of them did. I like to think that a lot of the people clamouring for Limmy's attention in the chat room are playing along, being stupid on purpose and deliberately doing spelling mistakes. Am I wrong?

It's a strange world where I come to a comedian via archived bedroom webcasts on youtube rather than their BBC Sketch show. There is something genuinely wonderful about the guy and in a world where so many 'comedians' are haircuts and topman t-shirts with their hands in their pockets, I'm starting to see how the comedy world is really fracturing into completely different art-forms.

I might post that whole paragraph into Limmy's chat room. See how that goes....

Neil

Quote from: Famous Mortimer on August 25, 2011, 10:36:14 AM
I tried that and couldn't see the "cab-21" in the address when I was about to buy it, so stopped.

That would work fine - it should show an alternate code like codandbod or something - but here's a direct link.  Thanks.

mcbpete

Quote from: Neil on August 25, 2011, 11:50:15 AM
That would work fine - it should show an alternate code like codandbod or something - but here's a direct link.  Thanks.
Jus' ordered .....

Oh my fucking Christ, have you folks seen this one....?!  Thought I was going to shit myself laughing just now.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L9G1KJrOY7o

It's a webcam he did earlier this week where he was going through his music collection and deleting any songs he didn't want to listen to.
At one point during the webcam show, a girl posts a message asking him if he'd watched her "Rocky" video on YouTube yet, but didn't provide a link.  Bit of chat about that, then someone else adds a comment saying that they'd just watched the video and that it was shite.
Some other people then post the YT links, so Limmy watches it live on the cam.
His reaction to the video, and the subsequent pissing himself are brilliant!

This link should jump to the bit in question.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L9G1KJrOY7o#t=18m35s

EDIT: And this is the video he's looking at.....http://youtu.be/WzhIeCzy9yU

CaledonianGonzo

Quote from: Depressed Beyond Tables on August 25, 2011, 12:50:48 AM
I've never been tempted to follow anyone on Twitter, or any of them social network things, but I'd follow Limmy. Always fresh and experimenting.

Conversely, I think he's about the only person I've ever unfollowed

[limmy]See when they cunts that dae yer napper in start daeing yer napper in an' yi jist wannae go 'Get tae fuck, yi cunt'.  Well ah did.[/limmy]

Gavin

Quote from: CaledonianGonzo on August 25, 2011, 06:39:58 PM
Conversely, I think he's about the only person I've ever unfollowed

[limmy]See when they cunts that dae yer napper in start daeing yer napper in an' yi jist wannae go 'Get tae fuck, yi cunt'.  Well ah did.[/limmy]

He's the only person I've unfollowed twice.

Little Hoover

It can get a little wearying at times, I'm not always in the mood for one of his stories. You have to be exclusively following his feed for them to work so sometimes I'll just skim over his tweets, but that doesn't mean I think he should change.

Neil

Well, bearing that in mind, I've finally got round to sorting out the archive of Limmy's TheLose1000 tonight.  This is where he set out to lose 1000 followers in 24 hours, back in April. 

http://www.cookdandbombd.co.uk/Brian_Limond_%28daftlimmy%29_TheLose1000.htm#TheLose1000

Neil

I didn't read all that at the time, but I left my laptop going so I could check by every once in a while and get the latest tweets, in case he wiped it before I could get it archived.  So I still need to read it all myself - just going through some of it now, and loving seeing the Big Rennie story again.  Didn't realise Big Rennie later made another appearance, I'm in stitches at it:

Quote from: @DaftLimmyBIG RENNIE'S BEEN DONE FOR CUTTIN OOT A WUMMIN'S FANNY N KEEPIN IT IN A SHOEBOX UNDER HIS BED.
HE CUT IT OOT THINKIN HE COULD SHAG IT BUT HE FORGOT THERE NEEDS TO BE THE HIPS N THAT TO APPLY PRESSURE.
OTHERWISE YE MIGHT AS WELL BE WANKIN WAE A GLOVE MADE OF BACON, BUT THAT'S RENNIE FUR YE, DAFT, DISNAE GET IT.
BIG RENNIE TAKING HIS TIME TAE MAKE PRECISION CUTS TO GET THAT FANNY OOT, N AW FUR NOTHIN. BUT THAT'S LIFE.
HE PUT YER HEART N SOUL INTAE SOMETHIN BUT YE FORGOT ABOOT THE BIG PICTURE. IN RENNIE'S CASE, THE HIPS.
HAHAHAAH, DIDNAE EVEN GET TAE SEE THE FANNY, BUT AH IMAGINE IT WAS NOTHIN MER THAN JUST A COUPLE OF SLICES OF PARMA HAM.
KEEP IN MIND RENNIE'S A GOOD GUY, THE LASSIE WAS DEID ANYWAY, WASTE NOT WANT NOT.

Thank fuck I did save all this, it was a glorious and often hilarious stream of consciousness.

Quote from: Steve Lampkins on August 24, 2011, 01:22:41 PM
Last night's was great, the story of Martin[nb]I was desperately hoping for a Chairman Mao reference.[/nb]. There wasn't that much content, but he stretched it out with a great telling.

Quote from: YT commentatorDid you record his story about Martin?

Quote from: GuyWoodwardAye two hours of webcam then the fucking thing crashed and wiped it, I could have cried...

Real shame. But in a way... makes it seem more 'real', if it's lost to the ether. Completely wrong word to use.

Neil

This made me laugh a lot, because I'm a misanthropic cunt who always bangs on about a respectable distance between the performer and their audience:[nb]Bit of a hypocrite now, though, as I succumbed to getting a Justin.TV login, so I could join in the webcam chats.[/nb]

Quote from: DaftLimmyJust blocked somebody for that retweeting everything I say thing.

I love that there is absolutely no way to get his approval.  Even passively agreeing with him gets you cut off!  Saying 'I loved that thing you did' or dropping in a cringey reference to it is almost always guaranteed to get you a curt dismissal.

He's doing something else interesting now on Twitter - he started following the first ten people to tweet him with "cunt", and he's providing a running commentary on how boring they are, and why he will eventually unfollow them.

Strongly agree with whoever said he should be a radio host.  You can't really get away with that kind of brusque shittiness though, which is a great shame, as it's always been intrinsically funny to me.  That was what made Nick Abbot such a revelation back in 1993. 

Just imagine if Radio 1 gave a shit about comedy again, and you had Limmy doing a Chris Morris style show on there once a week.  Can't remember who else I had down in my fantasy line-up, people younger than Stewart Lee, I guess, but noone is readily coming to mind.

Custard

QuoteImagine Steve Jobs' replacement turned up at his death bed to show him an iPhone running Flash. Then it crashed. Then he died.
25 Aug

was my biggest laff this week