Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 01:41:38 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Limmy on Twitter and webcam [split topic]

Started by Neil, July 30, 2011, 09:09:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Retinend

here's an article about it from the LA Times

https://www.latimes.com/business/technology/story/2021-10-06/amazons-twitch-hack-gamers-payouts

edit: oh, page 101 - is someone going to make a new thread?

Quote from: Captain Z on October 06, 2021, 06:08:05 PM
At this rate they'll start calling him Limdog Millionaire!

(I haven't seen the leak)

I love you for referencing this, excellent call back.

madhair60

Limmy's tweets just now have absolutely levelled me.

Can't share screens atm.

Avril Lavigne

Stop paying any attention to him or visiting this thread then?

chocolate teapot

I think Limmy's nice. He reads out all sub messages, seems to care and is funny. ~ the end ~

actually not the end.  his streams during the early part of the year really helped when going through horrible horrible mental health problems and life problems, just having a funny nice man fuck about and entertain for a few hours every day was a good distraction.

druss

Quote from: chocolate teapot on October 18, 2021, 11:46:06 AM
I think Limmy's nice. He reads out all sub messages, seems to care and is funny. ~ the end ~

actually not the end.  his streams during the early part of the year really helped when going through horrible horrible mental health problems and life problems, just having a funny nice man fuck about and entertain for a few hours every day was a good distraction.
He's great, not sure where the hate from MrMrs is coming from.

GMTV

I think the nasty, depressing attitude bit is the fact he's a glasweigan and has lived there all his life. Part of his act is amplifying that up for laughs. So he isn't really adopting that attitude as such, more thats the culture of where he's from.

Dog Botherer

yeah he definitely massively plays it up. he's been corpsing a lot more from it on Twitch lately.

Cold Meat Platter

Anyone that gives it the 'Limmy is dreadful and hateful' pish is either an idiot or has been banned from following them but can't let it go.

MrsWarboysLover

Limmy's always been a bit nasty or angry when he's streaming, even in the ancient stuff. I think it's part persona, part real, but either way, it's all part of the fun too.
I'm kinda glad he does because hopefully it'll stop people developing parasocial relationships with him if he keeps shooting them down.

GMTV

He's channelling that now fading Glasgow culture. The dark underbelly of the city, bitter, angry but worldly wise and amazingly funny with it. Stick the heid on you then buy you a pint afterwards as william mcilvanney wrote in Laidlaw.

The bits he does on funerals are great examples of that. The bit he did with the junkie stumbling into a funeral, "whit cunts deid, HA HA". It's a caricature of the sorts of people who do exist, and have a great sense of humour with it. I've known people and been in situations not entirely dissimilar to what he talks about.

I guess it's slightly jarring seeing him in his nice house with his great life earning a lot of money saying these things, but it's coming from the culture he grew up around rather than being a bitter and twisted edgelord.

Zetetic

Think this stuff is pretty horrible:

But his hairline is doing better.

Chollis

haha, saw that in the Guardian and thought the same. sadly doesn't look like Limmy in any other pic

Custard

Limmy's Big Christmas Trip to see Jafarcakes' three second appearance in Last Christmas and also con the fans out of thousands had me in hysterics last night
https://youtu.be/K-q_rcD6x98