Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 08:39:07 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Limmy on Twitter and webcam [split topic]

Started by Neil, July 30, 2011, 09:09:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kitsofan34

I wonder where this "default egg prick" thing this forum's began using was stolen from.

Quote from: Neil on August 26, 2011, 10:07:04 PM
Well, bearing that in mind, I've finally got round to sorting out the archive of Limmy's TheLose1000 tonight.  This is where he set out to lose 1000 followers in 24 hours, back in April. 

http://www.cookdandbombd.co.uk/Brian_Limond_%28daftlimmy%29_TheLose1000.htm#TheLose1000

Wow, this was in the b3ta newsletter. Is the server taking a hammering yet?

papalaz4444244

madhair60

Neil

Quote from: Steve Lampkins on September 02, 2011, 06:29:16 PM
Wow, this was in the b3ta newsletter. Is the server taking a hammering yet?

Thanks for letting me know.  Seems to have weathered the storm - I saw Rob Manuel retweeting it, and wondered if I should have put it on chilled.cream.org.  I saw your post while I was watching tonight's webcam and mentioned it, and Limmy was self-effacing about it, and didn't see the value in it.  It's a great read, though, especially as it gets more desperate towards the end.  Seeing it in real-time was obviously even more fun.  He's also fine about it being archived, which I'd been wanting to know - wasn't quite sure if we should be storing his tweets, as I'd wondered if he started deleting them after the press starting picking up on his trolling for cunty stories.  No probs, though, so let's get the good stuff saved in here for posterity.

Good webcam tonight, but I missed the start when he was talking about the BIGOTBOMB. Seemed to be getting lots of hooks like that, but I was busy with Four Lions stuff.  Was it a laugh?

Depressed Beyond Tables

Hopefully Guy Woodward will have it up tomorrow morn. Give him a knighthood.

Limmy cracks me up, whatever shite he's going on with.

kitsofan34

The Old firm-themed webcam episode is up on the usual broadcaster, it's one hour and 50 minutes!

I accept the terms of the

I must be looking at a different cache to you, because I see this (which should comfort you):

"I'm going to wipe my tweets now, not done it in a while, TA TA FOR NOW. NIGHT NIGHT."

Depressed Beyond Tables

Well I've just bookmarked his page. I don't follow, login or tweet.

That explains though.

Retinend

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tON5x0XBcnI

This is a bit of an exhausting one, but interestingly candid. Someone watching asks Limmy if he's read any good books recently, to which he brusquely replies "no I don't read" (21:30), to which another guy called Lyle responds "so you've no desire to develop your intellect?". Limmy's reaction takes up the rest of the webcam - 40 minutes or so - as he first goes on the offensive and then starts to talk about his life experiences with bookish types, finally getting a little defensive towards the end. Since Limmy usually controls his fans effortlessly, it's interesting to see him seriously lose his rag a bit. At one bit Lyle complains that he's "not a cunt", and Limmy backtracks, saying he used the word in "the Scottish sense", when it seems he was indeed quite directly calling him a regular cunt on several occasions. It's hard to believe the Lyle fella isn't winding him up by the end, even though he's clearly something of a snob.

Custard

I wonder why he bothers wiping all his tweets. He's done it a few times now :(

Anyone also follow his lady-friend, Lynn? She's pretty funny in her own right. You have to request to follow her, mind

http://twitter.com/#!/Lynn_McGoo

Their baby boy is a tiny Limmy, exact same face. Hehe really sweet

kitsofan34

I liked it when she was talking about how people recognize Limmy on the streets, shaking his hand before looking over to Lynn and saying "you're so lucky".

Custard

Haha yep, saw that one!

She's the only person he's clearly in awe of, too. Lovely stuff

Old Nehamkin

WEBCAM ALERT

He's having an "emergency truthcam" about the latest CERN results apparently.

http://www.justin.tv/brianlimond#/w/1806360448

The Jarre-esque music in the background is a nice touch.

I love the little clues Limmy gives about not being serious. He's talking about accelerated technology, things the human race shouldn't have developed yet without alien intervention. You could believe he's totally serious, until he drops an example: solar powered calculators.

I have to cover up the comment box when I'm watching this. If they're not trying to get their catchphrases recognised by Limmy they're being morons.

I don't understand them. The vocal ones don't seem to get it. They take everything at face value. Is Limmy doing this great, subtle comedy that gets thousands of followers with only a small percentage of them picking up on what he's doing? That's crazy.

Blumf

Quote from: I accept the terms of the on September 22, 2011, 10:30:50 PM
The Jarre-esque music in the background is a nice touch.

Mostly The Orb's Back Side of the Moon although he put other stuff on later

Famous Mortimer

I got bored of his twitter schtick a few days ago, which I suppose he would see as a sign of success. I could sort-of see what he was trying to do, but it just wasn't funny or interesting enough to bother absolutely clogging my feed with (he tweeted about as much as everyone else I follow combined). 

Johnny Townmouse

Quote from: I accept the terms of the on September 22, 2011, 10:30:50 PM
I don't understand them. The vocal ones don't seem to get it. They take everything at face value. Is Limmy doing this great, subtle comedy that gets thousands of followers with only a small percentage of them picking up on what he's doing? That's crazy.

I just can't believe that so many of them are really that stupid. The webcam show he did when he was apologising was bizarre because so many people were saying "neva apalogise Limy!" and "dont worry hen, we understand" when it was perfectly obvious he was taking the piss. The only way I can make sense of it is to assume that a lot of them are playing up to a fictional idea of what a dopey Limmy fan would say if they were failing to see the irony. On that basis, the fans are playing a role and giving him material to make his webcam shows work.

CaledonianGonzo

Melodichaze

Hah, I didn't realise he'd retweeted you CalGo

CaledonianGonzo

Yes - I've had some nice messages from a couple of his more avid supporters.

Three words, though: Half Price Hut

(I should point out that I've met Limmy and he seems a nice enough guy).

The Facebook Timeline stuff is great already.

Don, Aman

Get on his webcam now. He's ripping The Hour apart. Amazing stuff.

Hope this is recorded.

Neil

He's spent all fucking day outlining the standards of grammar he will and will not accept from his followers, and how any rules will result in permanent bans.  While it's a common Limmy trope, the sheer unrelenting nature of it today is really fucking tickling me.  Partly as he keeps engaging with people who want to clarify the minutiae of the rules.  Was very amused last night too, by him talking about finding out who unfollows him, and then blocking them for life, and the comparisons he was drawing to keeping a tidy garden

Also:

Quote from: LimmyEvery time I go to take a nice photo of myself, I just look like my head's been shaved for a lobotomy. http://t.co/z5Ln1W5v

Old Nehamkin

Yeah, he threatened to block me last night for showing insufficient familiarity with his timeline. I do find it funny just how relentless he is. I can see how it might alienate some people, but it's great how he just carries on with what obviously amuses himself without regard for being unpopular.

Incidentally, not sure if it's been mentioned but he's been nominated for a Scottish BAFTA against Burnistoun and Rab C. Nesbitt. There was a great bit on his webcam where he talked about, if he wins, walking up to the stage, closing his eyes with a sort of serene look on his face, hurling the award into the crowd and just walking to the police station with his eyes still closed. It was hilarious seeing him act it out. obviously I hope he wins but i'm sure his reaction will be brilliant to watch either way.

MuteBanana

That was brillaint about the Bafta. I thought he was going to talk about hitting someone and mention a name. But when he said he'd just keep his eyes closed as he was being dragged off stage and taken to the police station, I just lost it. Hysterical stuff.

Loved his rant about Gervais too. "He got it wrong logically, factually, ethically, morally, socially, comedicly."

Comedically? Hmm.