Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 10:55:18 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Limmy on Twitter and webcam [split topic]

Started by Neil, July 30, 2011, 09:09:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Queneau

I've only recently started watching Limmy's Show, so I'm finding it interesting finding out new stuff about him. As a side issue, I've just finished series one but I'm finding it hard to watch the first couple of series two. Are they online anywhere?

Artemis

They're a nuisance to find, that's for sure. I downloaded season two today and am working through it now. Terrific stuff. Check your PM.

Onionlimit

It's really brilliant to see just how far he's going on Twitter now.  He's locked his account and is going on a massive blocking rampage.  He's said that he's going to make a 'Twibbon' and anyone he sees who follows him who doesn't have it as their avatar is getting automatically blocked.  It's funny that the more relentlessly pedantic he gets and the more of a cunt he acts, he becomes even more likeable. 

I really can't think of anyone else to use Twitter in a way that is actually interesting.

Viero_Berlotti

Did anyone see his webcam response last night after his X Factor betting tip fell on its arse?

Basically on Twitter he tipped Kitty and Craig to be in the final two and for Kitty to go. So sure was he about this outcome, he said he would personally cover any losses any of his followers made from this bet if it didn't come off. He got loads of responses from people saying they'd put their months wages on it and stuff. I'm sure most people were just joking, but there was a few people that posted screen grabs of substantial bets they had put online on the strength of his tip.

Then sure enough the X-Factor comes on and Kitty and Craig end up going through. There was an immediate outraged response from his followers, mostly mock outrage but I'm sure some genuinely asking him for their money back. He was quiet then for about 20 minutes and just posted he would explain all on the webcam at 10:30pm.

I missed what he had to say, but he is now instantly blocking anybody that asks about it. So did anyone see it? What was his response? Did he get out of paying these people back?

MuteBanana

Catch the upload from GuyWoodward on youtube, it was hilarious, at least I was nearly coughing up a lung from laughing so hard.

For the gist of what he said...
Spoiler alert
He said something along the lines of 'If anyone comes up to me in the street asking for their money back I'm gonna stab them in the eye with a bookie's pen. Pluck out their eyeball like a Whelk, pop it right out of it's socket."
[close]

Onionlimit

His webcam on Saturday afternoon was one of the best.  It's been uploaded now.  I got the impression that he was left in the house alone and just bored shitless.  Then the whole 'Huge announcement' thing was magnificent.

And his outrage last night was pretty great also.

kitsofan34

I really hope he wins a Scottish Bafta on the 13th of November, partly to see his reaction on twitter and the webcam.

Old Nehamkin

^ I sort of hope he loses for exactly that reason.

Onionlimit

Hoping he gets it also.  IS he part of a specific Comedy section or is it just 'Entertainment'.  If it's Comedy, then all I can think of him being in competition with is Burnistoun or Gary Tank Commander (which is probably the most popular of the three).

He's on a little wander around where he grew up and is tweeting pictures right now.  Kind of depressing, actually.  It's reminding me of the Millport sketch a lot.

EDIT: He's up against Burnistoun and Rab C Nesbitt.  Surprised Gary: Tank Commander didn't get a look in actually.  No doubt Rab C Nesbitt will get it, but fingers crossed for Limmy.  Surely a win would make a third season[nb]heh[/nb] very likely

kitsofan34

That's a good point by Old Nehamkin but as Onionlimit said, a Bafta award would make the 3rd series far more likely. The BBC are really taking their sweet time with the recommisioning decision though, aren't they?

DeGrise

Didn't he say something about a third series being unlikely as he'd 'fucked it'?

Although it could have just been guff.

I'm just annoyed/baffled as to why Series 2 of 'Limmy's Show' still hasn't been released on DVD yet, given how quickly Series 1 was released after it's TV showing.

Did Series 1 not shift enough copies to warrant releasing it or something?

Ja'moke

What is Limmy actually doing? I know he's constantly on Twitter and doing webcam shows, but do we know if he's working on another series of Limmy's Show or any other TV material?

I accept the terms of the

I think he's basically Dee Dee living on the money from the programme.

If they don't commission a new series, I'll fly a hot air balloon into them.

I accept the terms of the

In my mind (obviously I know NOTHING about the reality of it) he's not even trying to get a third series.

MuteBanana

Quote from: Ja'moke on October 31, 2011, 08:35:11 PM
What is Limmy actually doing? I know he's constantly on Twitter and doing webcam shows, but do we know if he's working on another series of Limmy's Show or any other TV material?

I worry about this. Because surely there will come a point when he stops being TV's Limmy on webcam and is just some bloke who used to be on telly on a webcam.

Edit - I'm actually not worried about that, but more that it's what he'll be known for first.

Famous Mortimer

Maybe his final remaining follower will win a prize

Depressed Beyond Tables

Melodichaze

Perhaps the nomination alone was enough to get a 3rd series.
Good stuff

What a great shame - his increasingly hard-line twitter feed and webcam sermons were being driven to hugely entertaining heights by his obvious boredom during the void period. He should just block the commission and stick to unpaid mischief-making on his own terms. 

Ah well, I suppose the prospect of a third series isn't so terrible.

Utter Shit

He made me laugh this morning, saying he's raising money for cancer with the Movember thing, then going on to say that he will retain the money in case he gets cancer himself, then if he doesn't he will give the money to charity.

kitsofan34

Today has probably been his best work on twitter yet, amazing.

George Oscar Bluth II

Well I've changed my picture to his. Don't want to get caught out.

Artemis

Does anyone actually follow this guy properly? I dip in and out occasionally but don't have as much time as he does to sit around tweeting shite, or reading it. Yes it's usually very funny, but jesus man, go and further your career.

chocky909

You're so weird Artemis. So determined to be contrary that you spout absolute rubbish sometimes.

As a comedy fan, what he is doing is fantastic. Performing live on the internet nearly every night free of charge, something different every time. We get to see the evolution of nearly every aspect of his writing process. He's growing in public and has made two, in my opinion, of the best series of comedy I've ever seen.

And you want him to do panel shows?

EDIT

Sorry Artemis, bad mood. I agree that it is unusual behaviour but we should be grateful that there are comedians out there that aren't just trying to get famous via the quickest route.